Interestingly, the SV650 and the old 600 are the least expensive. The only race ready 250's ive found were 3.5K and up. Race ready 600's can be found easily, race ready 650's are rare but can be found. In some ways, 600's seem to be the "best" bikes out there (and the most plentiful). I like the 250's because they are slower and lighter. I'd think people rarely run into you on the straightaway, the collisions happen in the turns!

I realize that "building" a race bike would be more money than buying an existing one. Its a project thing that you have to WANT to do. Its supposed to be fun to work on the bike. And if you build it up, you can probably repair it. I have the time and workspace and tools. Not sure I have the know how. STRIPPED BOLTS! FINDING PARTS! So yeah, regardless, finding a race ready bike is less expensive and less hassle (unless it needs a new engine or something else major). How often does that happen?

And yeah, the whole idea of crashing my 1098 is why I dont build THAT one up. Although I talked to a guy who has 7000 hours of track time who has NEVER crashed (now THAT is amazing!) Something to aspire to.

What do you do to prebuy a bikes engine. Dyno it before you buy it?

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK AND KEEP THE OPINIONS COMING!