Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ginger's special Heavyweight discussion thread

  1. #1
    Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between here and Elizabeth
    Posts
    5,163

    Ginger's special Heavyweight discussion thread

    debate NOW!
    Tony Baker #21

    Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

  2. #2
    Ex-President Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    4,348
    MRA #29

  3. #3
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Aurora, CO 80018
    Posts
    672
    Both of you are punks!

    Anyway, my concern is not necessarily with the theory of the change but rather the implementation of it.

    While I agree it seems silly to have a class for bikes that aren't currently manufactured on the whole, I disagree for reducing track time. Which not to say that the implementation would but it could.

    My question is for those that have the knowledge and power to make the call, would we be reducing overall time because the classes would be combined with others and run concurrently or would we keep them as their own time slot?

    Before the flaming starts that this only matters to the handful of us that race our ass off to the limit our bike qualifies for, this also applies to any guys that just want to race 3 to 5 or 6 classes as well.

    I am addicted to racing all I can in a weekend. I am already dropping down from 10 to 9 eligible classes now that I am booted from the Amateurs, I wouldn't want to drop down to 6 or 7 if I could avoid it. Otherwise I would have to run a 2 bike program and that isn't ideal for me. :0

    Honestly this is a good problem we are having i guess because it means you all on the board have molded a great program and have spoiled us all.
    Kevin #28

    '07 Yamaha R6

  4. #4
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,076
    What exactly is the proposal again? (in as few words as possible)
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

  5. #5
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Aurora, CO 80018
    Posts
    672
    If I understood it correctly, we would get rid of HWSS and HWSB.
    We would create a Middle Modified Production and Open Modified Production which would be more engine mods than SS but must remain same cc size. Thus fitting in between SS and SB. Oh and Slicks would be allowed.

    Is this correct Jim?

    And the sandbaggers, I mean Tbaggins suggested getting rid of them and seperating out the Endurance races to their own session.

    Not sure how they imagine doing both of these together?
    Kevin #28

    '07 Yamaha R6

  6. #6
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,076
    Remove one (or two) classes that actually still pay manufacturer contingency from multiple manufacturers?

    Last time I checked, MWSS had lower average numbers than HWSS. Why not propose ditching MWSS first?

    (I understand the GSXR750 may be the last true heavyweight bike, but that seems like a different argument than removing "successful" classes. Or, the numbers may show otherwise and HW should get the boot. But, just because the class is mostly 600s is not enough of a reason to pitch it...)
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

  7. #7
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,076
    Just curious: why not suggest removing overbore tolerances from Superbike rather than making an entirely new class?
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

  8. #8
    Ex-President Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    Remove one (or two) classes that actually still pay manufacturer contingency from multiple manufacturers?

    Last time I checked, MWSS had lower average numbers than HWSS. Why not propose ditching MWSS first?

    (I understand the GSXR750 may be the last true heavyweight bike, but that seems like a different argument than removing "successful" classes. Or, the numbers may show otherwise and HW should get the boot. But, just because the class is mostly 600s is not enough of a reason to pitch it...)
    These are just rule suggestions And only Suzuki pays HW now.

    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    Just curious: why not suggest removing overbore tolerances from Superbike rather than making an entirely new class?
    Are you submitting this as a rule change?
    MRA #29

  9. #9
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    Remove one (or two) classes that actually still pay manufacturer contingency from multiple manufacturers?

    Last time I checked, MWSS had lower average numbers than HWSS. Why not propose ditching MWSS first?

    (I understand the GSXR750 may be the last true heavyweight bike, but that seems like a different argument than removing "successful" classes. Or, the numbers may show otherwise and HW should get the boot. But, just because the class is mostly 600s is not enough of a reason to pitch it...)
    These are just rule suggestions And only Suzuki pays HW now.
    Yamaha doesn't allow you to ride up one class anymore? WTF. :/
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

  10. #10
    Ex-President Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant

    Yamaha doesn't allow you to ride up one class anymore? WTF. :/
    Only MW and Open - http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/ra...ntingency.aspx
    MRA #29

  11. #11
    Senior Member Amateur
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    483
    I suggest we drop the HWSS & HWSB classes. That way I wont have any top 5 Championship hope in any SS classes. 1 less class I have to run Stupid DOT tires in. I would also be forced to scale back to a 9 race weekend instead of 11. This will surely save me some money. We could then turn those 14 races saved in a season, and just add another round to the schedule right? Geez Finn you have to get better at your sales chain...... Always think about the big goal.
    Just for clarification, this is mostly tongue in cheek!
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    Thanks to J&P ROOFING INC.
    Speedin' Motorsports!
    GB Fish & Chips
    NorCo Euro
    '06 Daytona 675 (Brit Pile)
    Snow: '08 Ski Doo Rev XP 800 154"

  12. #12
    HOT CARL! Expert sheispoison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    534
    [quote="Last time I checked, MWSS had lower average numbers than HWSS. Why not propose ditching MWSS first?[/quote]

    I would be willing to bet that if you polled people in HWSS that didn't run MWSS the majority would tell you it's because the HW class wasn't as much of a meat grinder class the season before so they signed up for HW instead. Now that's caught up and HW became the more popular class. I think there's only maybe 2 actual HW bikes in the HW classes and neither of them qualify for contingency anyway.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

  13. #13
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,533
    No rule that we have to cut all the HW classes. Since the Sunday schedule is not long, I suggest keeping Heavyweight Superbike.

    If HWSS is cut and endurance is left as is, that would free up some Saturday time, and still keep all the Endurance classes available.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    720-299-1390
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethJackson.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech
    Friend me on Facebook www.facebook.com/wyeth.jackson.1

  14. #14
    Senior Member Amateur
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Posts
    483
    I agree Wyeth. I believe the folks running the HWSS class because they can run outside the top 5 and get out of the meat grinder, if there is one, will just run MWSS or OSS and do the same to fill in the grids a little better. I believe this to be an important asspect of participation. Some people will only sign up for the larger grid classes, because they feel they have some people to race with in the mid pack that aren't as intense as the front runners. No one really enjoys the tail end of the small grid classes riding around by themself. I pulled of twice this year because after a few laps I ended up in 6th place "way" back in dead last and felt like I was just wasting tires and energy I could save for a few classes that were more enjoyable. Less classes usually means more riders in those classes, which then entices more riders out of the woodwork to come join in the fun in my opinion. I admit this does not apply to me as much because I will ride my tail off at every given opportunity for the most part. Just some more thoughts on the issue to consider I guess.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    Thanks to J&P ROOFING INC.
    Speedin' Motorsports!
    GB Fish & Chips
    NorCo Euro
    '06 Daytona 675 (Brit Pile)
    Snow: '08 Ski Doo Rev XP 800 154"

  15. #15
    Hey no1 better be dropping MWSS or HWSS. I am riding a new suzuki and I want to try and make some money back! :lol:

  16. #16
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,533
    Ill add that overall I think the current schedule is working and we don't need to change it this year. Just my .02.
    #145 Wyeth Jackson
    720-299-1390
    Wyeth Homes Real Estate www.WyethJackson.com
    G-Force Powersports, Pirelli & Sol Performance, CT Racing, Kawasaki, Bell Helmets, TCX Boots, Vortex, Racers Edge, Un!nk Printworks, Motul, Vortex, Rising Sun Cycles, CHR, Attack Performance, NinjaTech
    Friend me on Facebook www.facebook.com/wyeth.jackson.1

  17. #17
    before i give my .02 is this about filling the grids or making the day shorter for the corner workers? i did see a tred about that so im not postive where everyones mind is on this one.

Similar Threads

  1. MWSS Discussion Thread
    By rybo in forum Rules & Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
  2. 2012 4-hour endurance Discussion Thread
    By rybo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: February 28th, 2012, 08:22 AM
  3. Heavyweight Endurance at PPIR
    By motolitho in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 20th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •