Here is the place to voice your input for or against this rule change. Thanks Pete. You beat me to it, as I missed the rule change deadline last year by a few days for this rule change proposal.

I agree that we should allow slick tires in the supersport classes. I don't think slicks and DOT's are that much different to make or break competitiveness. The slicks are only a very small amount of money more expensive, and seem to last a little longer and not exhibit tread groove abnormal wear like DOT's can, which shorten the DOT's useable life. It sucks for the people running Superbike classes and other classes during the weekend to feel like they are stuck running DOT's because of chassis settings. For myself I ran slicks in Novice and liked them. I could run slicks in 8 of my 11 expert and amature classes a weekend, but feel like I am forced to run DOT's all weekend because of the 3 supersport classes that are the only way for me to get to do sprint races on Saturday.

Opening up the tire rule will give racers more options, and may even help them save a little money not needing extra wheels and tire sets for different classes as well. If a racer chooses to run DOT's because they prefer them, they will IMO not be at a significant disadvantage because of this. They can also change over to slicks and get used to them if they feel the need, because they are allowed in every other class we have but Production 250, which does not apply to this particular rule change, but could also be included if the 250 guys would like to open up slicks in that class as well. Thanks for the consideration!

Sorry for the typo corrections.

I also think that the selection of Full rain, then DOT, then Slick gives a safe choice of tire for most all conditions. I don't think that an intermediate racing specific tire is really needed in club racing. They are expensive & hardly ever used, so racers don't want to have to buy them, and the vendors do not want to sit on these in inventory either. Another tire rule change idea may be to also remove the intermediate tire from being allowed in all classes? All but ROR? or maybe something like that?