Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Junior Mini Moto Race Class in 2013*

Member Novice

*Junior Mini Moto Race Class in 2013*

Rocky Mountain Mini Moto is adding another fun race day for kids on Sept 30th

Gates open at 830. Arrive before 9am . Kids practice to follow.

If you have a son or daughter who enjoys cruising on their 50cc in the pits, but wants to do a track day, we have the perfect venue.

Action Karting is hosting 3 (4 lap) race sessions for kids 13 and under for $25 per rider.

All that is required is a helmet, gloves, over the ankle boots, and full sleeves and pants. Knee and elbow guards are recommended.

We are keeping the bike requirements fairly open, as not to exclude anyone.

10 or 12 inch wheels and a 50cc 2-stroke or 100cc 4-stroke, KLX 110 or similar.

Email to register or with any questions
    Chris
    admin@rmminimoto.com
    Chris Martin
    Rocky Mountain Mini Moto

Senior Member Amateur
    We are in! This will be great! Adam already has his fake I.D. and a small bore kit for the 65 is on order! He is excited to finally be racing with someone his own size.
    Adam's Sponsors: Kristie and Kevin McGuire, Chicane trackdays

Member Novice
    Nice, Mike.
    We'll be sure to check those IDs at the gate.
    Chris Martin
    Rocky Mountain Mini Moto

Senior Member Amateur
    Chris, we rounded up some extra knee and elbow pads and we have 2 pairs of motocross boots size 9 and size 7, a couple of chest protectors (for some reason my kids always ended up sliding on their stomachs when they were little) and Adams old pair of supermoto leather gloves size 7. I know we have a couple of smaller motocross helmets and goggles and we should have a few pairs of motocross pants around here somewhere if I can find them. The kids raced supermoto in motocross gear for a few years because leathers are expensive and I couldn't afford a new set every other month or so because kids grow like weeds, so most of our older gear is motocross gear. It seemed to hold up well enough crashing on pavement because kids don't usually crash at very high speeds (or maybe my kids were just slow!) We are really looking forward to this because it will be great to see younger kids getting a chance to race on pavement. Hopefully, we will get quite a few kids who want to try it out.

If there is anyone in the MRA who has children who can ride and want to try road racing, this is a great opportunity to let them find out how much fun it can be. If anyone has a kid that can ride ,but needs gear, or a bike or helmet to use for this race, post up and we will see what we can do to get them out there racing.

im bringing 2 little bikes ( crf88 auto clutch and a pw 50 single speed ) both fitted w/ tt91 gp road tires
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Amateur
    My son would love to this!! All we have is moto gear and bike though so he would need some help there forsure.
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Senior Member Amateur
    N1K
    How old is your son? What bike does he have? My kids crashed in moto gear on pavement for quite a few years before finally getting leathers last year. If he is young and slow he should be fine in moto gear. Knobbies should be ok too unless he is really fast.

Senior Member Amateur
    His 11 and has a cr50
    No chest protector though just pants boots helmet gloves
    Hes not real fast or all that much experience I havent been able to take him much and we dont know anyone for him to ride with or all that many places to take him. He loves doing it though.
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Senior Member Amateur
    We have a couple of chest protectors and some knee pads and elbow pads he can use. You should bring him out there! He will have fun.
    Its actually kind of sad how few kids are involved in road racing in colorado. We have a pretty good group of adult road racers, but the opportunities for kids to road race are kind of slim. Other parts of the country (and europe) have fantastic kids road racing opportunities. They are growing tomorrows champions today. We need to start helping to supply those champions.

Besides, its fun watching kids race.

Senior Member Amateur
    We have a couple of chest protectors and some knee pads and elbow pads he can use. You should bring him out there! He will have fun.
    Its actually kind of sad how few kids are involved in road racing in colorado. We have a pretty good group of adult road racers, but the opportunities for kids to road race are kind of slim. Other parts of the country (and europe) have fantastic kids road racing opportunities. They are growing tomorrows champions today. We need to start helping to supply those champions.

Besides, its fun watching kids race.

Senior Member Amateur
    Sorry about the multiple posts. This stupid android phone sucks! I miss my Blackberry.

Senior Member Amateur
    He will most defeintly be out there!! Im unsure if I will be able to get out of work but I'll get him there forsure.
    How much would tires be to remove the knobbies?
    ILLMATIC Racing
    MRA#503

Senior Member Amateur
    If you shop around $40 to $60 per tire plus mounting. They should last multiple years. Don't forget, you need to send someone who is a legal guardian or parent to be able to sign the waiver. Just call in sick. Your kid is more important. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Senior Member Amateur
    Where can one get appropriate tires? Trying to get a bike worked for a 10 y/o.

thanks,

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Expert
    Hey Joe. I'm not sure about anywhere in Co Springs. Call Steele Cycle in Lakewood to see if he has any 12" Dunlop 91's left or new 92's. If you have a random 50cc unit it should be 12" wheels right?
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

Senior Member Amateur
    The crf50 has 10 inch wheels. I would try calling performance cycle or a close Honda dealership.

Or just run it on knobbies. He needs to learn how to slide it around anyway.

Senior Member Amateur
    It's a KLX110 with 12 and 14 inch tires. Probably just run the knobbies.

Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    There are no sticky 14 inch tires. You would have to lace up a 12 inch rim and tire.

steels has a few 12 left and a few 10 left
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Amateur
    Well, since the MRA race season is over it looks like we have only two mini races left this year. Then its time to take all of the bikes apart and fix everything.
    Don't forget the kids race this weekend at Bandimere. If you enjoyed your MRA race season and want to let your son or daughter experience the thrill of motorcycle road racing, this is the perfect chance. If you need any help getting them out there, post up or pm me and we will see what we can do to help. A few people have extra bikes and gear available.

Senior Member Amateur
    It looks like we will have extra bikes. Any one else want to ride?

Senior Member Expert
    Hammer mentioned I could borrow one of his bikes for Hunter. I sent him a PM to confim it. that being said, if its not available, what is available for a 9yr boy? He has the mx gear.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Amateur
    if it is not available, I believe a few other bikes are available. I believe James Tittle has an xr50 that may still be available.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamandNoahsdad
    if it is not available, I believe a few other bikes are available. I believe James Tittle has an xr50 that may still be available.
    You'll have to pick it up at a predetermined location as I don't think Tittle is legally allowed around children.
    David "MOBSTER" Mobley | MRA # 78
    Dunlop Race Tires / BlackBerry
    http://www.mobster78.com

Senior Member Amateur
    Is that why he keeps asking if Adam can have a "sleep over"?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast