One more great point Glenn. I believe strongly that there is a big difference in the points structure needed for AMA Superbike than the one we need at the MRA club racing level. I agree with basically everything that you have stated about this topic,and can only imagine it is likely due to our experiences with different types of racing clubs (local and national). Clubs that made it, and clubs that didn't survive as well. Thank you for running the scenerios with some of our class results. I think they show the points structure we have still works well with a seven race season, and will work even better when we go back to eight.

One final thought I had is that it seems some may have won so many races over the years that they are now undervaluing "a" race win. This may be an incorrect interpretation. When you win a race you get contingency money, a thoughtfull trophy, bragging rights, as well as a great cool down (victory) lap. A championship win should be about a lot of the factors of a racing effort, not solely about race wins as those are rewarded seperately every round!