View Poll Results: Would you like to race more at Pueblo or PPIR next year?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to race 2 times at Pueblo instead of 2 times at Pikes

23 54.76%
  • I would like to race 2 times at Pikes instead of 2 times at Pubelo

11 26.19%
  • I am indifferent because I dont' race at either of those tracks

1 2.38%
  • Other: Please post reply with what your other is

7 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racing at Pueblo

track was awesome ... I say two at pmp and ppir
    #213, still droppin the hammer, butt holes!!! ( 2016 RIDER REP )

SYNDICATE RACING, SOAPOINT GRAPHICS, BLOODNICKEL LEATHERS, PIRELLI / SOL ,SCORPION HELMETS, MAD-MOTO, SPEARS RACING , AMSOIL, VORTEX, SIDI , ROCKY MOUNTAIN MINIMOTO, THE ALTAR BRIDAL, BLU CRU , COYOTE MOTORSPORTS

Senior Member Expert
    I'm fine with 4 HPR rounds, 2 PMP, and 1 Pikes (though the armco at PMP T10 is as stupid as walls at PPIR IMO, we just haven't run anyone into it hard yet). I like Pikes, it's a fun course. I dislike the walls, though if people would stop trying to play chicken with them we'd have a better time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeeker
    And using the HPR North course a couple times.
    YES! That was fun as hell! It'd also possibly decrease cornerworker cost on those weekends since you don't need as many people to staff the track. I'd love to see at least one, maybe two North Course HPR events next year. Totally changed the dynamics of the race.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeeker
    And using the HPR North course a couple times.
    +1

Senior Member Amateur
    I wouldn't mind a North and West HPR, 2 at PMP and 2 at PPIR.
    MRA Novice #215
    2009 ZX6R
    Gebhardt VW

Senior Member Expert
    It will be interesting how the surface weathers in at PMP. I personally have a hard time at that track, however I loved it this last time. Def brought out my weaknesses I need to work on. Yes turn 10 really blows and wish the old race line was there, but oh well.

The crazy part about PMP now is how smooth it is. I actually had a hard time getting feedback from my tires it was so freaking smooth. I loved it. I will say I do not remember the little ripples coming out of 1, my front now pushes through this section and I do not remember them ever being there.

9 is my favorite turn on the entire track. Yeah the crap patch sure does not make it as enjoyable as before, but hopefully that scrubs in. Right as I hit that patch was when the front let go and never recovered. Never saw the pot hole though... I must ride a completely different line. 8's bumps on the brakes are more nerve racking now but I'm sure its something just to get used to.

My biggest concern is how well the track is actually going to gold up over the next two years. 7 was torn up after 4 car days. I wonder what it will look like at the end of the year? It feels as if the ripple on the exit of 1 are car induced as well... Sort of like 1 at HPR... I don't mind big bumps at all its the quick set of ripple that encourage the front to let go that scare me.

I personally can't stand PPIR as a track. I love their facilities but the wall is in my head and I for some reason can't push it out. I would be completely fine with 4 races at HPR and 4 at Pueblo... but thats just me.

And I will submit for another vote for Hastings! I love that track... Get over the freaking bumps
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Additional feedback on PMP!

Sounds like most folks were pretty happy with the new surface at PMP this last race weekend.

T-10 is a pain in the but, but seems like Turn 9 caused most of the incidents. Not sure if the bump leading into turn 9 was the issue or the surface just changed grip a bit.

Additional risks with PMP:
    RAIN: Not that it has been a big issue this year, but just as a reminder that we can't race in the rain at Pueblo due to the dragstrip... and slick stuff.

Yes we race in the rain at HPR, and yes we can race in the rain at PPIR.
    But in the past we have said NO to rain racing at Pueblo.

If we do book race events there next year we just have to hope its dry.
    Oh, and no we don't get our money back if we can't race on it....

A.
    Aaron Fisk #125
    MRA Vice President (2014-2016)
    MRA Rider Rep (2010-2013)

Senior Member Expert
    I thought I remember seeing drawings for the dragstrip area of Pueblo where the roadcourse jogs out past the dragstrip wall, out and around the existing T10, then rejoins somewhere down the front straight so we could race in the rain there.

What ever happened to that?
    dave@MotoSix DOT com | MRA #31, WERA #311

Quote Originally Posted by dave.gallant
    I thought I remember seeing drawings for the dragstrip area of Pueblo where the roadcourse jogs out past the dragstrip wall, out and around the existing T10, then rejoins somewhere down the front straight so we could race in the rain there.

No money for that...
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-Ray

No money for that...
    But they have $ for 15 diesel-powered tower lights every single Friday night and enough Armco to line Coors Field?

I might enjoy the track but I have serious reservations regarding its management.

No money for that...
    If it came down to it, is the pit lane an option? lol
    AMA #395 / AARONHERSH.COM / SCORPION EXO / Madmoto / MOTOREX / WICKED PHOTOS / GEARZY / Vortex / OGIO / Leo Vince / Galfer / Pilot / MotionPro / Chicken Hawk / ODI Grips
    "The faster I go the prettier the girls look" - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A

No money for that...

No!!
    Ray-Ray Gaimara #16

2011-2013 Track Marshal RETIRED
    2008-2009 VP of Rules and Tech
    1996-2007 Corner worker/Head Corner worker/Airfence Caption

2017 Sponsors - Fun Centers Cycle, Ogio, Sol Performance, Vickery Motorsports

Senior Member Expert
    I agree on the statement of grip changing throughout turn 9 all weekend... The new pavement itself seemed much more grippy on Friday than on Sunday. May have jest been in my head but it seemed as if 9 got more slick throughout the weekend.

I will make a comment on the rain issue.. I understand why its hard to race in the rain at HPR.... but trying to defend that with the fact that PPIR is a rain track doesn't seem viable to me. Even this year after spending hundreds of bucks on rain specifically for PPIR the club announced at the track we wouldn't be racing in the rain. I only bought the tires in case it rained at PPIR but it was a little discouraging that after doing so and being told it was a rain track we completely flipped that around and said we wouldn't race in the rain there.

To be honest I'd rather race Pueblo wet than PPIR. I know I'm bitching about the flip flop decision at PPIR but I sure didn't want to race in the rain there. I love rain racing but I think PPIR would claim a lot of bikes and if not riders for the season if we rain race there...

Anyways I understand the rain racing argument but PPIR needs to be designated a rain or non rain race track and that decision shouldn't be reversed the day of the race...just a thought.

I hope it didn't come off as a complaint at all just something I noticed this year that somewhat confused me.
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Actually the statement was that we would do everything in our power NOT to race in the rain at PPIR. If it rained and stayed raining, we would've ran it wet.

Thankfully we didn't have to.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DOUBLE A

No money for that...
    No - the tower at the outside just as you apex this turn would be an unprotect-able hazard.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by T Baggins
    Actually the statement was that we would do everything in our power NOT to race in the rain at PPIR. If it rained and stayed raining, we would've ran it wet.

Well no wonder why I was confused I didn't even hear it right.... :shock:

I still don't want to imagine rain racing at PPIR though
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou
    And I will submit for another vote for Hastings! I love that track... Get over the freaking bumps
    The issue of the Bumps at Hastings is only part of the equation for not racing there. And, to my understanding (heard first hand from someone that has recently been on the track), is that the majority of the bumps have been ground down, and are now to a minimum, if not obsolete. Along with new curbing added in the corners.

The more significant issue with Hastings is that people cannot afford the travel out there, causing the MRA to take a HUGE loss. If people don't go to Pueblo (with new pavement), causing a loss, what will happen at Hastings!?

Don't get me wrong. I liked Hastings too, both the track layout, and the town. Not sure which takes presidence.... Had some damn good times partying out there!! 8)

=; Now lets not get off track with the Hastings thing. I held back from saying anything earlier in the thread when it was mentioned, but now it came up again, so there's my 2 cents on that.
    Jeff Brown, #277
    "What can Brown do for you!"
    2011-2022 New Rider Director
    2008-2010 MRA Rider Representative

Senior Member Expert
    Note to divert, but CCS Great Plains region (TrackAddixx I thought?) was doing a weekend there at Hastings for a bit. Are there any other motorcycle race orgs currently racing Hastings so guys who want to run it can?

Another odd question: CAMA is the organization that runs and did all of the fundraising for HPR, correct? Who owns PMP and is/was CAMA involved with the track repave? (I am just curious. I honestly don't know how all of that works)

President Expert
    Note to divert, but CCS Great Plains region (TrackAddixx I thought?) was doing a weekend there at Hastings for a bit. Are there any other motorcycle race orgs currently racing Hastings so guys who want to run it can?

Another odd question: CAMA is the organization that runs and did all of the fundraising for HPR, correct? Who owns PMP and is/was CAMA involved with the track repave? (I am just curious. I honestly don't know how all of that works)
    CCS Great Plains series folded. I am on MPH's mailing list and the only motorcycle events they have are Ducati of Omaha's track days, which most get canceled due to low registration.

PMP is owned by the city of Pueblo. CAMA had no involvement with the repave. The CMC (Colorado Motorsports Council) , which the MRA is a member, did provide $$$ for funding the repave and also tried to provide direction.
    MRA #29

As much as I want to like Pueblo, Pueblo doesn't like me.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by NossLou

Well no wonder why I was confused I didn't even hear it right.... :shock:

I still don't want to imagine rain racing at PPIR though
    Racing in the rain there is no worse or harder than HPR. I love it and personally feel that PPIR is fun in the rain.
    I would race in the rain at PMP using the pit road if they allowed it. And I do think you could square that corner off and make it a standing yellow to keep riders in line. Beats canceling the races.
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x
    Racing in the rain there is no worse or harder than HPR. I love it and personally feel that PPIR is fun in the rain.
    I would race in the rain at PMP using the pit road if they allowed it. And I do think you could square that corner off and make it a standing yellow to keep riders in line. Beats canceling the races.
    Are you talking about squaring off the pit lane turn, or T10? If the latter, it would be irrelevant, you can highside going in a straight line on that traction crap if it's wet.

I think we tried the pit lane thing once IIRC, it was interesting...
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo
    If we have 7 races next year, I would say 2 @ PMP, 2 @ PPIR, 2 @ HPR and 1 @ Hastings.....
    That is kind of what I would like to see although never been to Hastings so my vote would be..

2 PMP, 2 PPIR, and 3 at HPR.

Just adds a little more variety. HPR is awesome but it's nice to switch it up a little instead of riding the same track all the time. Also PMP and PPIR are Much more accessible to spectators. HPR is so isolated no one wants to come out to watch.

MRA #888 Triumph 675.

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675
    If we have 7 races next year, I would say 2 @ PMP, 2 @ PPIR, 2 @ HPR and 1 @ Hastings.....
    That is kind of what I would like to see although never been to Hastings so my vote would be..

In case y'all missed t-bag's post, we are committed to five HPR events a year. School is one, which leaves four race weekends we must do there. In a 7 race series, well, math is what it is.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    Twitter @MotoLlama

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite675

In case y'all missed t-bag's post, we are committed to five HPR events a year. School is one, which leaves four race weekends we must do there. In a 7 race series, well, math is what it is.
    And based on feedback from riders, we'll probably split the 4 races at HPR so that two are "full course" and two are "north course". This is essentially like having two completely different tracks - but in one place. Second Creek was that way - we ran it backwards on alternating events.

Last time we went to Hastings, the MRA LOST $18,000 on the event. Unless we are flush with money, or unless we get a "can't lose money" guarantee from some unknown and generous entity that doesn't exist... you can bet we won't be at Hastings again any time soon.

If we could get decent RACER turnout at our events 00--00 , we could go back to an 8 race season (4, 2, 2), but again I think we're a ways off from that. We're averaging just about half of our total racing members per race... Would'ja all get it together and show up at the same time please so we can have a decent weekend for once...?!? :lol:

The economy is still recovering, and some of our members are still just now hitting bottom... give it another year and we'll all be living large again. You heard it here FIRST!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Quote Originally Posted by polar x
    Are you talking about squaring off the pit lane turn, or T10? If the latter, it would be irrelevant, you can highside going in a straight line on that traction crap if it's wet.

I think we tried the pit lane thing once IIRC, it was interesting...
    I am talking about Pit lane...if we tried before it may have been before my time. I still think it could be done. Neck it down with cones from T9 to a super slow, damn near single file nasty tight right hander on the far left of the track, so that you are straight up and down entering pit lane. ALWAYS under a standing yellow, NO PASSING after T9 just prior to entering the T10Pit turn and then once in front of the grand stands you could pass and then game on once your on the big part of the track again. Beats donating to PMP or the club if we cancel for weather, and just like PPIR and HPR, you have a choice to race or not race. But atleast its a choice.....something we dont have right now at PMP. This club seems (to me) adverse to racing in the rain...no matter where we are. I love the rain races. Would be nice to have another track to run wet...even if it means being throttled back for 2 turns.

Just a thought.. :wink:
    Christopher
    MRA 9 (915)
    “I’m just mad because you shouldn’t use the term ‘fag’, Kyle. That’s a hate word, and it’s insensitive to butt pirates.”
    Chris - you're absolutely right. (Mark your calendar, don't think I'll EVER say that again :lol: )
    Sponsored by
    Short Bus Race Team, Vortex, SixSixOne, Faster, VICKERY YAMAHA, Bridgestone, Ferodo, Cycleworks, Rebellion, VP, Motul, MRA, Unink

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast