I think pueblo did a very good job in general. The surface is good with plenty of grip. It looks like alot of time was spent on the run off areas. This is much improved from the past.

The drag strip area was always slick and now it is worse but hopefully it will get better.

In my personal opinion turn ten is probably now one of the most dangerous turns I have raced on in the past 17 years. It was bad before and it was made much worse. It is the type of danger that one would expect racing the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. A huge Armco wall protection us from a light pole, 30ish feet of run off before a tire wall in front of a concrete wall if you go straight off from 9 to 10. Once you are into the turn you have polished concrete burnout boxes to navigate. If something goes wrong there you have about ten feet before the concrete wall.

I think our club did the best they could to make it better. Airfence was deployed and we were cones away from the armco wall. I think a big reason we had so few crashes there was most of us were scared to push there. As speeds and confidence pick up bad things will happen there if changes are not made.

Mike Applehans #25