Quote Originally Posted by mkdiehl
Once was fun but arbitrarily deciding to do it again mid season......?
Avoiding a part of the track which is severely damaged and capable of "causing crashes" is hardly arbitrary in my opinion.

Also, understand that "simply hitting your line and avoiding the pot-hole" is much easier when you're in the lead vs when you're in a pack of bikes. If you weren't so dang fast now on your 600 you'd know what I'm talking about.

IIRC, people DID crash in T8 "because" of the degradation of the surface, or took crazy-weird lines to avoid the worst areas - which is totally sketchy 'cause riders aren't consistent thru the turn and you never know what the other guy is gonna do. This creates "lines of convergence" and ultimately crashes.

After our last round at HPR I suggested to Glenn and the CAMA Board that they CLOSE the West portion of the track IMMEDIATELY and get the contractor back in to fix the shoddy work. That way it would have time to adequately set up by Fall and we'd be good-to-go again by Winter. The cars are less disturbed by the damage, so there was limited support.

If you guys want to do a show of hands at the meeting tonight then I'm fine with that. If there is support for full-course then I'll do an e-mail blast and direct people to a poll online to be sure we've adequately heard the membership.

Part of the job of the Board of Directors is to do our best to ensure the success of our riders and their race programs, as well as their safety. Making (allowing?) racers run on damaged asphalt (when there is a viable alternative to avoid it) seems short-sighted at best......