Quote Originally Posted by polar x
I am talking about Pit lane...if we tried before it may have been before my time. I still think it could be done. Neck it down with cones from T9 to a super slow, damn near single file nasty tight right hander on the far left of the track, so that you are straight up and down entering pit lane. ALWAYS under a standing yellow, NO PASSING after T9 just prior to entering the T10Pit turn and then once in front of the grand stands you could pass and then game on once your on the big part of the track again. Beats donating to PMP or the club if we cancel for weather, and just like PPIR and HPR, you have a choice to race or not race. But atleast its a choice.....something we dont have right now at PMP. This club seems (to me) adverse to racing in the rain...no matter where we are. I love the rain races. Would be nice to have another track to run wet...even if it means being throttled back for 2 turns.

Just a thought.. :wink:
Gotcha. Not sure how it'd work with a grid of 30-40 novices going through, but that's what it would have to be. I love rain racing too and the MRA does seem risk adverse in that area, though some of that is just that we don't do it at PMP so those events are always stopped until dryness returns. A concern with this pit lane approach though is the runoff as well -- if you blow "Pit 10" and go straight, you end up on the drag area before too long. So much as touching the brakes on that stuff when wet will guarantee you hit the ground.