Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F40 at Pueblo

Senior Member Expert
    Oh chit!
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Expert
    Can't you old fuckers just trip each other with your walkers and canes in the paddock?
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    I'd throw my cane into your spokes if your bike actually moved under it's own power. :lol:
    Ankle Biter Racing #99
    Sol Performance--Scorpion -- Vortex Racing
    MaxFund No-Kill Animal Shelter and Adoption Center

Senior Member Expert
    Martin J. #73 - Motoforza Racing Team
    Motoforza bodywork www.motoforzafairings.com

Cell: 303-518-5650
    http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...gpic3918_6.jpg

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    So I don't read the forum for a couple days, Baker takes aim, and Wilson, Ralph & Cooner pile on.

My bike runs fine (thanks to Brian & Ben), it's not burned up, my transmission _works_,and my rear master cylinder is bigger that Tony's whole motor.

So there.

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim 'smooth' Brewer
    So I don't read the forum for a couple days, Baker takes aim, and Wilson, Ralph & Cooner pile on.

My bike runs fine (thanks to Brian & Ben), it's not burned up, my transmission _works_,and my rear master cylinder is bigger that Tony's whole motor.

So there.
    You snooze, you become the object of a threadjack... that's the way we roll in the MRA.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar

and we have a verdict...

Hi Kids,

So never being one to leave things "unfinished" I just want to close out this little topic with the following facts:

1) Neither of the involved parties are involved in the discussion, so there is little use in our belaboring it, unless they want to chime in. Basically we're all cyber-masturbating here over something we have little knowledge of, and no stake in.

2) I have received and reviewed photos of the crash sequence in ultra-high res (15mb each) - Thank You Jim Browning.

3) I have received and reviewed photos of the crash damage "red paint" marks on Dan's bike.

4) There is absolutely NO evidence of there being any marks, scuffs, damage, or red paint on Dan's bike at any point during the incident from before the alleged contact until AFTER he was out of camera shot.

5) Dan and Pat wear IDENTICAL leathers.

Based on the description of the crash itself - X-Games Step-UP - I believe it is most likely that the red marks on Dan's bike came from Dan.

Whether or not it was a close pass, or if there was something about it that spooked Dan I guess only Dan knows... but the evidence is clear that Pat Lansu did not "... knock down Dan."

Thank you for your interest and participation in this Kangaroo Court proceeding.

Let's please now focus our attention some items that we ALL do have knowledge of, and ALL do have a stake in:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=15068

or

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=14642

or

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewforum.php?f=18

Thank you, and good night.
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Junior Member Novice

F40

Ok, I don't internet frequently as many others do and had no idea that this had gone this far and gotten out of control. I have communicated with "The Pres" and will quote a couple things that I sent to him:

1) "I in no way, wanted to start anything like that. I will go to the forum and check it out and make an appropriate post myself to try to quench any misunderstandings. Thanks for blowing that up, I don't see anything either. My helmet is not new but, my leathers are. I will try to see how hard it is to clean off but, I'll bet you are right, the marks could be from my leathers. I was piecing together what happened from 1) my memory (I did hit my head but, did not loose consciousness. It did take me a minute to gather my thoughts and take physical inventory) 2) What Shane had told me when I went to pick my bike up, 3) when I got back home and told my son what happened he said "what about the red paint on your bodywork"? To the honest and best recollection and evidence I had, he bumped me coming around the outside. The last thing I remember is the flash of red to my right and across the front, then the edge of the track, stand on the back brake, try to turn some (without burrying it in the gravel), berm, done. It was also VERY hot that day, maybe my perception was off? "
    2) "I will never judge anyone on someone elses experiences or perception. I have never met Pat and do not know him. I do wish someone would consult with Shane and ask him what he actually saw happen. Really just for my benefit. I will do my best to put this to rest as I know you have much better things to do.
    I would like to say though, it is my understanding since I started in '96, (which I know, you have much more experience than I) that it is always the overtaking riders responsibility to get it done safely. I had passed five or six guys to that point (no issues) and had to wait on the last guy I passed to find that he didn't like entering T5 before I made the move, probably lap 5. I knew I carried more speed up the hill and it would be no problem. Never saw a wheel again until Pat on lap 6. Would it have been such a big deal to wait till after T7 and wheelie past me or something since no one was even challenging him? I don't know. Again, I am sorry this has happened and will as eloquently as possible try put a lid on it. Let me know if anyone finds out anything from Shane if you talk to him."

I in no way think that Patrick did anything intentional or malicious and, from that aspect it is a "racing incident". I did not even know at the time who it was or, I might have tried to find him and ask what happened from his perspective. I hold no ill will towards him, or I would have tried to seek him out prior to this. I do not think he intended to "punt the old guy off the track". Certainly I was mad at the time and wish things were different, because it's gonna cost to put things back together. A risk sport. I love this club and, have been a part of it for a long time.
    I do however, have a different perception and opinion of "chopping someones front off". I do not believe there must be actual contact but, if you come across someone so hard, in the middle of a turn, (and you know you have speed that they don't) that they have to adjust (and have few choices?), this is chopping someone's front off also. Once again, MY opinion.
    I don't like what happened. I don't think it's right. Could I have done something different to avoid it? Possibly. Was it my responsibility? I don't think so, I wasn't the overtaking rider. I do not think I am a mean or vindictive person (or at least, I hope not). I am open to conversation from Patrick or any one if it will help. That's my view, let the thrashing begin?
    Daniel Qualtire
    1984 RZ 350
    1999 TZ 250

Senior Member Expert
    Thank you Dan. Really it's not up to anyone else in this thread. If you think shenanigans took place you can choose to pursue it, if not then it's a racing incident without malicious intent (possibly as a result of poor judgment, but then most racing incidents are) and such things do happen in this sport. Beyond that, there is no need for thrashing/trashing/bashing to take place here. We all put a lot of trust in each other every time we share a patch of asphalt, but we're also all human. It's racing.
    MotoLlama Racing
    www.motolla.ma
    www.facebook.com/MotoLlama
    Twitter @MotoLlama
    Llama Schwag! www.cafepress.com/motollama
    #321! Supported by Western Ambulance, ProRT, Chicane Trackdays, Single Track Mind, Rebellion, Vanmar, Wicked Photos, and my family.

Senior Member Expert
    Hi Dan. I have only talked with you a couple times. It was about the USGPRU championship trip last year. I really wish I would have noticed that you raced with us at R4 so I could have introduced myself, as you seemed to be a really cool guy. I am sorry to hear about the accident, and will pray for a speedy recovery for you Dan. Racing incidents are always tough as you know. I understand your fondness for this club, and I'm sure that we would all love to see you back sometime soon!
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports

President Expert

Re: F40

Quote Originally Posted by RZRACE
    I do not think he intended to "punt the old guy off the track".
    Or "punt the younger guy off the track". Pat is actually older than you, Dan.
    Glad you're ok and hope to see you out at some of the upcoming rounds.
    MRA #29

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12