Thread: MRA/ race dreams

Member Amateur

MRA/ race dreams

Does anyone experience wierd dreams before a race weekend?

I do... I always dream that I arrive to the track late as first call is being made. Then somehow I can set eveything up and get ready to grid up but then something wierd happens like my bike has no water in it or something like that.

THe tracks are always different too. Last nights dream I made it to PPIR (we were racing only the outer oval) but when I tried to sign in for my races, Lisa wouldnt let me.. she was actually pretty mean! haha so I had to forfeit my whole weekend!
    Damn this racing thing is stressful!

Senior Member Amateur
    I wonder if Hammer dreams of running out of gas at PPIR....
    Joe
    MRA # 157
    2010 Ducati 1198S
    2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
    2012 Ducati 796 Monster
    2004 Ducati 749S
    SW Scooternews, Sol Performance/Pirelli, Rudy Project, TYGA Performance, Boulder Motorsports, Woodcraft, Nitron Racing Shocks, Shorai

Senior Member Amateur
    I used to have weird dreams when I was a racer.
    It was the same dream over and over...

I would be riding as ass off and start to exit a corner, when I gassed it the whole seat/sub frame would break off and I would start falling off the back of the bike. I would try to hang on but no luck. Then Tammy would wake me up (cause I suddenly jumped in bed) and ask what happened? I just said " I crashed again".

Luckily I don't have those dreams these days.
    Mark E Mark
    MRA NOT current New Rider Director

A couple of MRA number 1 plates on the wall

http://i37.tinypic.com/v60p5c.jpg

Member Amateur
    My dreams are bonkers all the time.
    if Oscar the grouch built a bike with “stuff” he had on hand #269

Resident T-Bagger Expert T Baggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Schellinger
    I used to have weird dreams when I was a racer.
    It was the same dream over and over...

I would be riding as ass off and start to exit a corner, when I gassed it the whole seat/sub frame would break off and I would start falling off the back of the bike. I would try to hang on but no luck. Then Tammy would wake me up (cause I suddenly jumped in bed) and ask what happened? I just said " I crashed again".

Luckily I don't have those dreams these days.
    Uh Mark, I don't think that was a dream... didn't that happen at Mt View coming down the dragon-slide and accelerating on to the front straight? Only diff is, iirc, is you didn't crash!
    Tony Baker #21

Sponsored by:
    Vickery Motorsports, Short Bus Race Team, 406 Racing Michelin, Vortex, PitBull, Driven, Third Bridge Wines, Imodium A-D

Senior Member Expert
    I usually can not sleep the monday or tuesday night before a race weekend... not sure why. Wednesday is somewhat the same but man thursday -saturday night you could be shooting artillery and ordinances off a few miles away and I could not even notice it, or the partying next door. I'm out cold at nine pm.

I usually do have weird dreams as well, especially a reoccuring one about being under water holding my breath trying to pull some thing up on a rope and then it pulls me down really fast... I will start breathing really hard and it actually has woke up Dani before.... Sporatic hard breathing... It only happens in this dream....
    Lifetime novice.... #969

l ______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L -[]lllllll[]-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)