Thread: Will I NEED new PC3 map for Kansas?

Senior Member Amateur

Will I NEED new PC3 map for Kansas?

Going to KS in July to visit family. Wanted to ride Heartland Park while I'm there.

I have a slip-on, stock header (cat replaced with straight pipe), O2 bung disabled/plugged, and stock ECU. Will I run dangeroualy lean if I ride the bike as-is? Do I need a new map?

I'm pretty sure your map will be fine. The bike might feel a bit faster, but you shouldn't be even close to dangerously lean unless you're already dangerously lean here. We went to Hastings Nebraska and no one I can remember ever had that problem. You'll be good.
    http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/
    2014 VP of Rules & Tech
    MRA#217
    Th'ink Tank Tattoo, The Walnut Room, Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, STM Suspension, Sol Performance, Pirelli, Speedmetal, BloodNickel, MadMoto, Puma, Woodcraft, Armor Bodies, VonZipper, and
    Lacy

Senior Member Expert
    Jesse-

I've taken my bike from here to Road America (in Wisconsin) with no jetting or map changes and had no trouble.

I will say that you should notice a bit more horsepower - my bike was always stronger near sea level (even without changes) than it was here.

Have fun.
    MRA Expert #69
    Sponsored by: Chicane Instruction
    STM Suspension, Speedin' Motorsports
    Northern Colorado Euro Motorcycles
    Boulder Motorsports, Sol Performance Pirelli
    Angry Marmot Motorsports
    Sarah, Aaron and David

Senior Member Amateur
    Thanks guys for the input

Senior Member Expert
    Jesse - A little more assurance. Almost all modern fuel injection systems on motorcycles compensate fairly well for atmospheric conditions, because of barometric and manifold pressure changes that are seen by the engine management sensors. Your bike will know that it is at a lower altitude, and will do it's best to adjust to that. So you are not just relying on air/fuel ratio cushion completely. Have a great time.
    Dennis Stowers MRA #151
    2021-2023 MRA BoD Rider Representative - Rulebook
    Absolute Moto-Michelin
    Speedin' Motorsports