In like 1999 myself, Terry Teske and Ricky Orlando actually went to Casper,WY with then MRA president Connie Kasil and rode a proposed course that was layed out. It was really fast and at one point ran perpendicular then paralel to I-25. We proposed some changes in order to slow it down and add more interest to the course. Glen is this the same course with the changes?
I believe they've been running cars up there for years? The Boat was setup at the end of the season and most if not all Championships were already decided. It wasn't a place to hang it out as there were some pretty serious crashes there and some folks got badly injured. If we were to again run a road course the safety of the riders and spectators has to be considered. There was some moumental crowd control at Steamboat and without the help of the local community we could not have pulled it off. I guess with airfence we do have at least one advantage that we didn't have back then. But again bikes are faster and road courses do deserve respect.
To comment on another thing. Steamboat was actually replaced by Park City Utah which ran for one year. It was equally as fun but even more dangerous (at least I thought) and I hear the IOM's a blast!