PDA

View Full Version : Simple lowside turns ugly

JWinter
May 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I want to thank everyone in the MRA family for all the help this weekend: Ambulance crews, Chris, Rick, Mohams, and the Papajohns. My low side entering turn one was a simple little get off like all the other times when this has happened to me through the years, but it turned ugly when Fisk was the trailing rider and he got collected.

I went home early on Sunday unable to get onto the bike with my shoulder pretty banged up and weak. I hope to heal up enough to be at PPIR.

My thoughts are with Aaron and Wyeth as he begins healing from the leg injury he sustained.

Thanks, Jeff Winter # 32

sneakyhonda
May 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
So happy you both are ok and if you both need anything just ask. We are here for you. Get better soon =-)

Slo
May 6th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Could have been much worse, hoping for a quick recovery to the both of you.

marty
May 6th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear you are both okay, hopefully you will be back for pikes

Bueller999
May 6th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Scary situation as I came around 1 right as the red came out, was really worried about both of you. Was glad to see you leaving this morning under your own power, took that as a positive sign. Hope you can make it back for rnd 2 and of course are thoughts and well wishes are with all the injured riders this weekend.

NossLou
May 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Had front row seats of the entire incident and from the looks of the entire wreck it could have been much worse. Glad your ok and same to Aaron. I have never seen a bike and rider so high in the air besides Lorenzo's high side 2 years ago. I could not imagine if Aaron would have been another two feet to the left in that corner. Best wishes to a quick recovery to the both of you!

asp125
May 7th, 2012, 08:56 AM
It appears from where I was shooting, that Aaron's back tire or boot caught you in a glancing blow as he superman'd over your bike. Glad both riders will recover.

Kingpin
May 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Jeff, first of of all I am glad to hear that you are all right.

Yes, it was unfortunate incident. I was hoping that you and your bike would take a different path, but in the end I did what I thought was best to avoid hurting you even more. Although the end result did not work out best for me, that's just racing as they say.

I would also like to thank the great support from my MRA family this last Saturday. Special thanks go out to the Ambulance crew, and Bob Tabor for your overwhelming support and kindness.

Additional thanks to Doug Kahl, Scott and Trina Dawson and many others that assisted Wyeth on Sunday.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Thanks,
Aaron Fisk #125

KFinn
May 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I hope you both have smooth recoveries and let me know if I can help do anything.

asp125
May 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I did get a picture of Aaron though...
http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_falling_bear_lt_120426_wblog.jpg

polar x
May 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Omg :shock: :shock: 8) 8) that's freaking funny.

Heal up guys

polar x
May 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Omg :shock: :shock: 8) 8) that's freaking funny.

Heal up guys

JWinter
May 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I just got a glimpse of the photos showing the crash. Aaron sacrificed himself to avoid hitting me defenseless on the ground. I will forever be grateful.

I then deleted the email with the photos so my wife will never see them.

marty
May 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I just got a glimpse of the photos showing the crash. Aaron sacrificed himself to avoid hitting me defenseless on the ground. I will forever be grateful.

I'm sure your wife would have understood that Aaron isn't really a bear...
:D

sheispoison
May 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM

I'm sure your wife would have understood that Aaron isn't really a bear...
:D

That is hilarious!

I'm glad that neither you, Jeff, or Aaron weren't hurt worse. Heal up quick guys!