PDA

View Full Version : Super Street Helmet Question

WolFeYeZ
May 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Hey all,

I just got my bike all ready for SS this weekend and have all my gear together. I looked over my helmet and I cant seem to find a build date anywhere, even after removing all the liners. I found the Snell 2005 cert for it but cant find the build date. Its an HJC CL-SP that I bought online 14 months ago. I remember reading somewhere that it needed a build date in the last couple years or something.

To pass inspections or whatever there is will I need to buy a new helmet?

-Brad

Slo
May 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Brad, what size helmet do you wear? If you can't use it and you wear a large, you can borrow mine. (replacing if you crash it though)

Throttleroller277
May 3rd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Has the helmet been crashed, or hit the ground with your head in it?

WolFeYeZ
May 3rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Slo, that would be awesome! I do wear a large in most brands except scorpion, XL there. And of course, if I even put a scratch in it you would be compensated in whatever way you deem fit.

Never crashed or dropped. Safe helmet and I love it, just not very fancy :P

Slo
May 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Damn, I am wearing scorpion this year. Let me get a hold of my x-11 shoei helmet I loaned out a while back. will let you know man.

For the Shoei...don't worry about scatches and such. It's just a plain black helmet, just be safe out there, I'm not worried about that helmet. I sent my friend a text to see if he is in denver (not on vacation), if he is, the helmet is yours for the weekend.

Slo
May 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Alright, I will be picking up the helmet after work. I can bring in on Saturday....will be in carport #7

MRA #510

Slo
May 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Just confirming that I did pick up the helmet already.

WolFeYeZ
May 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
Ah perfect. Thanks slo! Ill be on the lookout for you and your sexy zx10. Cya Saturday

jbnwc
May 4th, 2012, 08:25 AM
I have my HJC in large and a Scorpion in XL also. I'll have both of them out there Saturday. I'll probably be in the back row with all the other SuperStreeters with a red ZX12R under the big white ezup. You also might find me around Slo's carport drinking his cola's and hoping some of his coolness rubs off.

Slo
May 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
watch out.... the more you hang around me, the slo'er you get.

jbnwc
May 4th, 2012, 09:11 AM
watch out.... the more you hang around me, the slo'er you get.

bwaha

I seem remember passing you once... but you put a quick end to that!