PDA

View Full Version : HPR TURN 8 REPAVED?

scooter
May 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
At the race school turn 8 was little nasty and there was talk of it getting repaved before this weekend, does anyone know if was done?

T Baggins
May 1st, 2012, 10:02 PM
They were working on fixing the seam today. They're also putting in more curbing for us that will be set and ready for the weekend!

scooter
May 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
VERY NICE !

scooter
May 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Not very nice at all, as all who where there this weekend know. I did like the north course it was pretty cool, very fast down the hill into 10. It took awhile for me to carry the speed thru 9 like I wanted to, a little scary at first.

spideyrdr
May 6th, 2012, 08:25 PM
The alternate layout was kind of fun. Maybe it could be formally put on the schedule next year for a round?

sneakyhonda
May 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I like the idea of adding it to the schedule. I loved the new layout

TRK
May 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I am glad it pushed us into the new configuration! The layout was unreal fun to race.

jgixxer1
May 7th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I ran the configuration at one of the last lapping days in 2011. They ran 3 configurations that day and the North course was my favorite. I had my yz450 there and it was perfect for a small bike.

NossLou
May 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM
As skeptical I was of the North Course I will say its a lot of fun. It also teaches you quite a bit about the 9A, 9B and 10. Thought I was on the verge of out of control before when coming out of 8 and heading down it. This brought a entire new meaning of exactly how fact you can go down that. It was a great idea and I'm glad the decision was made to do so since 5, 6 and 8 would have claimed twice as many bikes than they did on Friday. We had 16 bikes go down i think? Just think if this was in a race situation what would have happened. I am very happy Ray Ray and the MRA staff took the initiative to make it happen. Probably saved a lot of riders bikes, and pocket books in the long run.

Thanks guys!

Snowman
May 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Yep +1 on adding the north loop to the schedule next year.

KFinn
May 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
+ 4 to adding to schedule and

+ 2 to it showing you how fast you can fly through there.

cjmagnuss
May 7th, 2012, 11:44 AM
+1 more. The alternate configuration was a lot of fun.