PDA

View Full Version : 2nd air valve?

LordLosh
April 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
so i noticed today that the 2nd air valve was hanging off my bike (07 gsxr 600) by the electrical plug only. None of the hoses are hooked up any more so do i still need this thing since its still got the electrical wires plugged into it? any help on what to do with this damn thing would be appreciated.

http://www.copowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=483816&category=Motorcycles&make=SUZUKI&year=2006&fveh=11387

#4 in that link is what im talking about.

Thank you.

Clarkie
April 28th, 2012, 10:20 PM
The pair valve was disabled (block of plates our some other way) but the solenoid wasnt bypassed. You can either leave it or disable it

Fastt Racing
April 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
The Secondary Air Injection Reaction Solenoid Valve (second AIR valve) resistance is monitored by the ECM, and will set codes in the ECM as well as sometimes effect engine operating perameters, if these codes set. If the reed valves, and or supply hoses have been blocked off, you can just leave it plugged in to eliminate any hassle. You would have to recalibrate the ECM or use a Kit ECM in most cases to be disable it's command or monitor in the ECM to be able to remove the wiring or solenoid valve. See you at the track soon!

Clarkie
April 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Or you can just "put" a resistor in place :wink: