PDA

View Full Version : STM slipper clutch tool for '03 R6

spideyrdr
April 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I am needing to borrow or buy the nut tool for an STM slipper clutch. If anyone around Denver has one that would fit an '03 R6, please PM me. I think my clutch is going and I need to get it fixed up in time for round 1!

Also, if anyone has that $150 tool for holding the clutch holding / mounting tool, I would appreciate borrowing it too. I am ordering a tool by EBC that's supposed to accomplish the same task for 10% of the cost of the STM tool, but it can't hurt to ask in case someone has the STM one.

Cheers,
Jamie

spideyrdr
April 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM
While I haven't confirmed this, the spring stopper hub tool that I am looking for MAY be the same one that is used on the R1, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and other installs. It's part 008AMY002 and would have apparently come with the STM clutch but I did not get it when I bought the bike.

If anyone has this part and would be willing to loan it out, I would be very grateful!

Cheers,
Jamie

spideyrdr
April 27th, 2012, 02:42 PM
UPDATE: I discovered a 1-1/8" nut is just a tad too big for the hub, but a little gentle work with the angle grinder made it fit! A 1-11/16" socket plus an impact gun, and VIOLA! She's off!

Now for the bad news - one of the ball bearings between the hub and the drum went AWOL. I was trying to keep the hub and drum from separating but no luck. Rookie mistake. So I either have a ball bearing on my garage floor somewhere or in my engine. Time to go hunting!

spideyrdr
April 27th, 2012, 03:39 PM
UPDATE: The ball has been retrieved using a magnet. Crisis averted.