PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Entry Closes on midnight TODAY 4/27/12

oldtimer
April 25th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Just a reminder that online pre-entry for race registration closes this Friday. So get registered or you have to wait til race day! :)

rforsythe
April 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM
How are signups looking for round 1?

AdamandNoahsdad
April 26th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Who would we talk to at the track on Sunday to get registered if we are not done procrastinating until after the online registration closes? Also, where would we find this person?

I'm trying to register online, but its not working as we don't have an AMA number.

JimWilson29
April 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Who would we talk to at the track on Sunday to get registered if we are not done procrastinating until after the online registration closes? Also, where would we find this person?

I'm trying to register online, but its not working as we don't have an AMA number.

Contact Jen at 7208855349 or mrajenjen@gmail.com and she will get your online account fixed.

AdamandNoahsdad
April 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
WOO HOO! Its done! Thanks Jen! Now all we have left is to fix our generator to run our newly aquired tire warmers, put the bike back together, finish replacing the battery in our transponder, put the wheels back on the trailer (yes, I live in a crappy neighborhood) put numbers on everything, replace the u joints in my truck etc,etc. Just the little detail stuff.

sheispoison
April 26th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Get it done Mike!

DOUBLE A
April 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
LOL just "minor details", where have I heard that before?! Anyway your right man JenJen kicks ass, not only does she handle all of our crap, she smiles while doing it and even entertains the kiddos (something that take 110% of my time/energy), glad more racers like you are making the sacrifices just to make the races, thats what keeps the MRA going and such a great club. Good on ya man, kick some ass!!

oldtimer
April 26th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I guess from that eblast last night signups are still low. So remind your friends to register by tomorrow or they'll be all back of the grid. :shock:

jbrowning
April 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
WOO HOO! Its done! Thanks Jen! Now all we have left is to fix our generator to run our newly aquired tire warmers, put the bike back together, finish replacing the battery in our transponder, put the wheels back on the trailer (yes, I live in a crappy neighborhood) put numbers on everything, replace the u joints in my truck etc,etc. Just the little detail stuff.

Hey Mike, if you can't get the generator working. Let me know and I will bring my Kipor 2000 and you all can use it for the weekend.

Jim

KFinn
April 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'm trying to register online, but its not working as we don't have an AMA number.It was mentioned a few times at the last few meetings that since we no longer need the AMA membership for our insurance, just use your MRA number in the AMA number field. Since not everyone attends them, thought this might be useful info.

T Baggins
April 26th, 2012, 03:50 PM
or simply read the very detailed instructions our illustrious webmaster has provided:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?p=21823

specifically item 2. :shock: :lol:

Bartman
April 26th, 2012, 06:23 PM
You need pictures Tony you know racers can't read let alone fill out a form.

AdamandNoahsdad
April 26th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Geez Tony. That post was dated 2007. Adam was only 10 years old when that was originally posted. I did look at it though. There were a lot of big words on that page and yes, it needs way more pictures.

T Baggins
April 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Attn Webmaster!

Please make our website and instructions more like a Denny's Late-Night menu.

That is all.

AdamandNoahsdad
April 27th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Mmmmmm pancakes.

rforsythe
April 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM
If I could order my race entries with a side of seasoned fries, that would be AWESOME.

DOUBLE A
April 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm thinking ARBY'S!

kfm61
April 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM

LMFAO ! ! Wow Mike, you really are the "Race Dad" ! ! I will drop off my generator to you tomorrow, one less "little detail" to take care of !

kfm61
April 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I guess from that eblast last night signups are still low. So remind your friends to register by tomorrow or they'll be all back of the grid. :shock:

I liked signing up early. That way I could grid up front and fight my way to the back! Dang that was fun ! :lol:

hcr25
April 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Signup, even I did it.

HAMMER
April 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Done an done ... :o

NossLou
April 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
So what do our numbers sit at currently?

T Baggins
April 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
So what do our numbers sit at currently?

Not so great.

NossLou
April 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Well Tony what all does that entail? Lazy people may have not signed up and hope fully we get a few walk ups...What is the actual #?

Not what anyone wanted to hear for the first round! Really didn't see too many new racers out at the track pre season compared to the past years.

scooter
April 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Doesn't sound good, hopefully we will have some late sign ups. I know of two guys that raced last year that don't have the money and won't be doing what we all here love to do. It sucks !!! Fingers crossed for late sign ups.

matt2778
April 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
If I sign up late at the track will I be charged $20 for the weekend or $20 per race?

Ray-Ray
April 30th, 2012, 06:40 AM
If I sign up late at the track will I be charged $20 for the weekend or $20 per race?

It's a $20 late fee for the weekend.

T Baggins
April 30th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Well Tony what all does that entail? Lazy people may have not signed up and hope fully we get a few walk ups...What is the actual #?

106 racers signed up

$20,200 in entry fees

5 Superstreets pre-entered

We'll probably get about ten walkups each in SS and racers, so that will be about another $3K

Best estimate to put the weekend on is $28K.

A loss of $5k is manageable, but terribly unfortunate for the first race of the year.

lars
April 30th, 2012, 09:40 AM
For all people considering not racing due to cost, the 250 class is very reasonable on the pocketbook.....(its still racing and costs a bunch)
but tires last for weekends and you run pump gas (which isnt cheap but is much cheaper than race fuel) it also gets really good gas milage so your running through a couple gallons a weekend not a couple tank fulls.
anyways just saying!

spideyrdr
April 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I've already entered 2 sprints for the weekend, which was $200. If I wanted to enter a couple more, let's say MWEnd and AmO and AmU, would it be at the 'race your ass off' pricing, so an additional $50 plus the $20 late surcharge, or how would that work? I don't think I can do 4 sprints and an endurance on the first weekend, but I am curious how it would work out if one were to do that.

NossLou
April 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM
well I hope for the clubs sake those number pick up... otherwise this will be a short season.

Slo
April 30th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Will be doing my part on available weekends..... Heading out into areas where bikes gather... talking to them about spectating but also getting into the superstreet race.

Not just bike nights either, but shell on colfax has a big group that may want to try it out. Sonic up in Federal Heights (federal & 96th area) on friday nights.

Would like to see by mid season a grid of 30+ with more potential to join the MRA full force for the year after.

powers
April 30th, 2012, 11:53 PM
+1 Superstreet as of about 15 mins ago!

jgixxer1
May 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
WOW!! I didn't realize it cost $30k to run a race weekend...

jmaher
May 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM
fresh tires and rains - check
oil change - check
generator - check
suit, boots, gloves, etc - check
gas - check
pit bike - check
transponder - check
pop up, camera, gopro, food, beer, other misc stuff -check
trailer packed - check
Ready.
Now what do I do for the rest of the week?
Joe

Yeeker
May 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
fresh tires and rains - check
oil change - check
generator - check
suit, boots, gloves, etc - check
gas - check
pit bike - check
transponder - check
pop up, camera, gopro, food, beer, other misc stuff -checky
trailer packed - check
Ready.
Joe

I'd let you change my oil, paint my bodywork, fix my fairing stay...if you're bored. Let me know.

JimWilson29
May 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM

come help me load my stuff! :D

gsnyder828
May 1st, 2012, 06:00 PM

come help me load my stuff! :D

No kidding... My bike needs safety wire, sag set, # plates/decals installed, etc. etc. etc and I'm travelling all week for work. I'll send you my garage code if you'll finish my bike prep for me - there's a beer or 3 in it if you get my trailer from storage, install the pit bull trailer restraint and load it up for me :lol: :lol:

g

rforsythe
May 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hey Joe my bike needs a motor and bodywork mounted, clipons and controls installed, brakes bled, decals, etc if you still have spare time...

Nice to see I'm not the only one who will be putting their shit together the night before...again! :lol:

Jon
May 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Who the hell and how the hell can somebody be ready four days prior to race day, that's unheard of, unfathomable, unbelievable and for me unbelievable. I bet he forgets his keys :lol:

AdamandNoahsdad
May 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM
I would like to thank everyone who has posted since Joe. Its nice to know I'm not the only one who is still not done with everything.

scooter
May 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
Damn Joe you must be fired up, completely ready? You would think with
7 months off we would all be ready, but as I sign off here I will be going
straight to the garage.

Bueller999
May 1st, 2012, 08:43 PM
:lol:

My head gaskets will arrive "overnight-ed" Thurs. (hopefully) So lotsa time to put her back together.

jmaher
May 2nd, 2012, 08:14 AM
Being ready really early....my way of compensating for not being really fast.

Joe

DOUBLE A
May 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
Who the hell and how the hell can somebody be ready four days prior to race day, that's unheard of, unfathomable, unbelievable and for me unbelievable. I bet he forgets his keys :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: