PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet quick shifter problem

jgixxer1
April 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
I have the pull type on my 07 daytona. It hasn't worked since I bought the bike. Ohmed it out today and it is getting continuity, but not until the bottom of the shift stroke(GP shift) after the bike has shifted. It's like the spring in the switch is over powering the spring on gear shaft coming out of the case. Either that or the contacts inside are corroded from arcing or something. Is there anyway to take the switch itself apart to scuff up the contacts? Anyone done it? The bike only has 1000 track miles since built into a racebike. Do those switches go out often? I don't want to slap down another $200 for a new one if this one can be fixed.

sheispoison
April 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
This may be a stupid question, but has it ever been tuned on in the power commander? They have to be enabled when the power commander is hooked up to the computer.

jgixxer1
April 22nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
Pretty sure its on. The bike is well setup. I can't imagine the previous owner would put all that work in and not turn on the quickshifter. Not only that, but the bike does cut out for a split second AFTER an upshift but only if I put more than normal pressure on the lever. Let's just say it wasn't on. I did have the battery out of it to charge when I first got it. Would that clear the PC3 memory?

Clarkie
April 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Do you have the linkages at the correct angle? They should be as close to a 90' angle as you can get the get the best pull/push force. A lot of people who have shifting issues usually end up having their linkage at someting like 120' or 60'

The angle between the shift rod and the foot lever is usually close to 90' as they are designed that way, but I have seen the angle of the shift spline and shift rod really messed. It could be your shifter, but check easy first :wink:

This is a mate of mine's shifter, before he fixed it. Not as bad as some I have seen, but his shifter was acting weird.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n299/Clarkie49/SW.jpg

jgixxer1
April 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
I looked at a picture of mine and it looks to be sitting at about 75°-80° angle. Next time I get a chance to go play with it I'll post up the results. Thanks...

Clarkie
April 22nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hopefully it works, always try the free stuff first :wink:

jgixxer1
May 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Finally got a chance to mess with the bike. No luck on moving linkage and shift arm to 90°. Any other ideas? Anyone taken one apart to check contacts? I have nothing to lose, but I'm afraid if I try to take switch apart its not going back together, and I dont have a stock linkage to slap in there to get me by if that happens.

dave.gallant
May 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Did you see what your shift kill ms time is set to?

jgixxer1
May 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM
No. I don't have a laptop, software, or the know how. It is cutting out though, but not until after the shift (lever pushed all the way down) and only with an excessive amount of pressure.

dave.gallant
May 9th, 2012, 10:27 PM
My shiftkill time was far too short, and the linkage was at about 80 degrees, and that is the exact same symptoms I was having.

I simply unplugged the PCIII for that day until I could get it sorted out.

If you will be at Pikes I will have my laptop with me and we could at least show that the shift kill is enabled and what the time is. At the very worst you could disable it so it doesn't lurch after you have already completed your shift (or just unplug it).

jgixxer1
May 10th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Sounds good. I'll find you Sunday.