PDA

View Full Version : 2012 MRA 4 hour endurance rules

TRK
April 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/2012_EnduranceRulesFinal.pdf

lars
May 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Is the 4 hour a stand alone race in regards to the rest of the 2012 endurance points tally? or is it in addition to the endurance points standings?
thanks!

T Baggins
May 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
Is the 4 hour a stand alone race in regards to the rest of the 2012 endurance points tally? or is it in addition to the endurance points standings?
thanks!

You will receive points in "whichever class" you sign up for online... so if you normally run LWEnd, then sign up for that and the points will apply in LWEnd, regardless of which "class you run" at the event.

If you "run" titanium butt, you get points in LWEnd. If you run Pony Express, you get points in LWEnd. If you run Team Endurance, you get points in LWEnd.

For simplicity sake, we plan to give 36 points to ALL competitors in their respective classes for their participation in the 4-hour event. This encourages all "normal" 30 minute endurance guys to compete in some fashion, even if a 4-hour isn't really their thing.

lars
May 21st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Excellent thank you,
Do you have to complete 30minutes to recieve the 36 points?

T Baggins
May 21st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Excellent thank you,
Do you have to complete 30minutes to recieve the 36 points?

Depends on who it is...

YOU have to complete the full 4 hours. :shock:

Others need only put in some laps. If it isn't addressed in the rules, maybe Mr. Moham will attend to that?

lars
May 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
ok, but im wearing a strobe light on my helmet:)

polar x
May 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
You only need the stobe on the straight away :wink: Trust me, you will be HONKING at a lot of peeps until you get to T3. 8) 8) 8)

TRK
May 22nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
Just one lap if you are in it for just points.

polar x
May 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
TO be clear, those of us who normally run BOTH endurance will get points for both races? Correct.... :?:

TRK
May 24th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Yes

T Baggins
May 24th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yes

clarification:

YES - But you have to SIGN UP FOR BOTH online just as you always do...

polar x
May 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Yes

clarification:

YES - But you have to SIGN UP FOR BOTH online just as you always do...

why you gotta make it complicated... :wink: :wink: :wink: 8)

rforsythe
May 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM

For future years I actually kinda like the idea of completing 30 min to get the points. It's no more difficult than a normal weekend, and something about doing one lap to get identical points in a 4 hour race just doesn't seem right to me.

lars
May 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM

For future years I actually kinda like the idea of completing 30 min to get the points. It's no more difficult than a normal weekend, and something about doing one lap to get identical points in a 4 hour race just doesn't seem right to me.

^ yes it was a gentle suggestion:)

dave.gallant
May 24th, 2012, 01:10 PM
...doing one lap to get identical points in a 4 hour race just doesn't seem right to me.

So do 2 laps.

sheesh.

:D

T Baggins
May 24th, 2012, 03:01 PM
so.... if it takes me 30 minutes to complete a lap - does that count? :lol:

I think adding that component (30 minute stint) would make policing it all the more difficult... especially since the teams are using ONE transponder. Who's in charge of making sure you're legit? :lol:

TRK
May 24th, 2012, 03:02 PM
How about doing four hours and have a killer time! Four hours at race pace........are you kidding me? What could be better than four hours of RACING?

Tony don't answer that.

rforsythe
May 24th, 2012, 03:17 PM
so.... if it takes me 30 minutes to complete a lap - does that count? :lol:

I think adding that component (30 minute stint) would make policing it all the more difficult... especially since the teams are using ONE transponder. Who's in charge of making sure you're legit? :lol:

A TEAM isn't going out for one lap with a bunch of riders. I was talking more along the lines of those pussy solo riders who can't hack a full 4 hour stint and bag it after going around once. :lol:

Maybe minimum time is harder to control, but minimum lap count? Not terribly difficult. A dead slow rider still moving the whole time should complete ~12-13 laps in 30 minutes, so make a dozen lap minimum to get scored.

I agree with Shannon, get on the bike and go!