PDA

View Full Version : Captive Wheel Spacers

jmaher
April 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Getting tired of messing with my spacers when changing my wheels. I have one set of rims with them and it is a breeze. Are the expensive? Easy to install? Any idea where I can get them for a ZX6?

Thanks,
Joe

Slo
April 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
maybe contact these guys on ebay that have them for the zx10r....

CONTACT (http://myworld.ebay.com/customspacers/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

Slo
April 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Here is another resource we used on the zx10r forums....

LINK (http://customspacers.co.uk/)

Maybe Mike at riders discount could help: 866-931-6644 ext 804[/url]

That is someone local just happens to carry them?

DOUBLE A
April 16th, 2012, 12:57 PM
If you already have them in a set of wheels, take them to a shop and ask for a duplicate set. I'm sure there is some MRA peeps who can make you a set.

jmaher
April 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Thanks Slo, but the two links go to the same company and they are in the UK. I did a seach and can find no one in this country. Curious....

Joe

Slo
April 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah the forum guys here in the US, were getting them from there. Some people were saying they got them in about 7 days time.

Other than that, I am not sure.... I called and asked Riders Discount if they could get them, but they don't.

jmaher
April 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I may have to find out the exchange rate and give them a try. I'll give it another day or two to see if anyone has local/US sources. Customs scares me.

Joe

rforsythe
April 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I don't know what yours look like, but are they something you could just have a local machinist replicate? They can't be that complicated.

DOUBLE A
April 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM
+1 Paging Dennis Stowers or equivelent technical/mechanical knowhow.

Slo
April 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
If you find someone local that can make them without the originals, please let me know. they are a pain in the *SS with the factory spacers.

DOUBLE A
April 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Erik Cromer got me a rear captive spacer for the caliper side that just "popped" right in on my 08 ZX6R. It was a real difference when changing tires. I bet if you "popped" out the captive spacers you already have & gave Cromer a call that he would put you in touch with his machinist he used. Then its local, easy, brezzy....beautiful.

Fastt Racing
April 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joe give me a call. I have a couple ideas. I have some of the same complaints. 3034283614. Later.

jmaher
May 17th, 2012, 11:20 AM
For those with Kawi's, I found a place that stocks the captive wheel spacers here in the US. http://www.servobuddy.com/ I just ordered a set today.

Joe

Clarkie
May 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Just remember, they are not SS legal :wink:

dave.gallant
May 17th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Just remember, they are not SS legal :wink:

Seriously?

Clarkie
May 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
LOL no idea, but you are 'modifying' an OEM part that (last time I checked which is a year or so ago) is not listed as being able to be modified, if it doesn't say you can........ :D

It 'may' not help the performance unless you are doing wheel/tire changes during an endurance race, but why take the chance of spending $70 on a part that 'might' make you illegal when you can spend $1000-$2000 on a sweet kit ECU/TC/launch control system that wont make you illegal :wink:

dave.gallant
May 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
LOL no idea, but you are 'modifying' an OEM part that (last time I checked which is a year or so ago) is not listed as being able to be modified, if it cant say you can........ :D

It 'may' not help the performance unless you are doing wheel/tire changes during an endurance race, but why take the chance of spending $70 on a part that 'might' make you illegal when you can spend $1000-$2000 on a sweet kit ECU/TC/launch control system that wont make you illegal :wink:

Well, these are not OEM parts.

And the rulebook does not specifically state that they "can be" removed or replaced.

(fwiw, the ECU I want is more than $2k)

Clarkie
May 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I think you should just leave your spacers out Dave, lighter is faster right? :lol:

jmaher
May 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Being a novice I can't run SS anyway. Plus, I'm not fast enough for anyone to notice....or probably care.

Joe

Blue Junk
May 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM
What wheel are you speaking of? Or you want all of them? None the less, it's an easy task to complete.

And just so no one protests you, it fits within the Rulebook. Just don't brin any attention to it.