PDA

View Full Version : Rain gear

Wayniac
March 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I was wondering what everyone is using to protect leathers on rainy days. I was thinking of using NIK wax on the whole suit. It works really well on my ski gloves.

polar x
March 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Buy a rain suit from faster. RS Taichi Racing Rain Suit Its one of the better ones, I have been using mine for 3 seasons.

I also use my old leathers (Moto GP) instead of my good ones.

NossLou
March 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
NIK wax is the shiznat...lemme tell yah :D

I actually use mink oil to keep mine soft and repel H20, finally bought a rain suit though...

303 cycle
March 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Buy a rain suit from faster. RS Taichi Racing Rain Suit Its one of the better ones, I have been using mine for 3 seasons.

I also use my old leathers (Moto GP) instead of my good ones.

FYI RS Taichi rain suits are no longer in production as the factory that made them was damaged in the Tsunami. However Cortech will be releasing one in the near future.

polar x
March 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
There is always this one too. Similar to the RS.

http://www.motocard.com/en/rain_gear/rain_gear-alpinestars-racing_rain_over_suit.aspx

spideyrdr
March 23rd, 2012, 10:28 PM
I just got a Suomy suit today and holy moley it seems like it's going to be a challenge to get on. I realize you want it to be snug, but is it normal to feel like you've been violated just trying to get one of these suckers on? I bought the large and at 6' / 155lbs I would have thought that was the right size.

marty
March 23rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
I just got a Suomy suit today and holy moley it seems like it's going to be a challenge to get on. I realize you want it to be snug, but is it normal to feel like you've been violated just trying to get one of these suckers on? I bought the large and at 6' / 155lbs I would have thought that was the right size.

have you tried getting on the bike with them? they never feel very loose walking around but they should be more comfortable on the bike. if they are still too snug, just give nate butler a call and he can make them fit like a custom suit

spideyrdr
March 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM

have you tried getting on the bike with them? they never feel very loose walking around but they should be more comfortable on the bike. if they are still too snug, just give nate butler a call and he can make them fit like a custom suit

Oops, sorry, I meant I got a Suomy RAIN suit. Getting it on over my leathers was the hard part. Maybe it's time to slather on some butter!

joe859
March 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Tip: put the rainsuit on the leathers first, then put the whole works on at once.

random hero
March 26th, 2012, 10:03 PM
go to the camping section @ walmart, get the rain jacket/pants combo, cut out for knee sliders, duct tape where needed.... SHAZAM, $15 rain suit

Your welcome

Wayniac
March 26th, 2012, 11:29 PM
go to the camping section @ walmart, get the rain jacket/pants combo, cut out for knee sliders, duct tape where needed.... SHAZAM, $15 rain suit

Your welcome

Now were talking. Probably more comfortable than leathers and motorcycle rain suit. Thanks.

AR
March 27th, 2012, 12:20 AM

You're welcome

This is what I would do if I had expensive leathers.

Otherwise I DGAF because I have TWO cheap leathers. LOL.

spideyrdr
April 4th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Tip: put the rainsuit on the leathers first, then put the whole works on at once.

I finally got it all on with this method. Thanks Joe! It's a snug fit but that's what you're looking for.

The real quirk with this Suomy rainsuit is there's a flap going across the front that doesn't open. So unless I modify the suit (which I might do to make it open fully and then add a second zipper or velcro), you either have to put it on like a sweater which was damn near impossible even with help or you have to put the jacket portion on the suit first and burrow into it. The burrow method worked, though I think my cats thought I was suffering from a seizure.