PDA

View Full Version : Minimoto

jmaher
February 18th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Who here particpates that could help me figure out a bike to do this and what else I may need? Looking to keep costs down so maybe an older KX85 or something.

thanks,

Joe

vort3xr6
February 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
A kx65 is gonna be your best bet. Most can be found on Craigslist for under 800. All you need is a 12 inch front wheel to match the rear wheel and some tires. Motorcycle superstore has the tires for 130 shipped and they last 2 seasons.

Hammer can help explain a bit more as well.

spideyrdr
February 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I am going to try to get out there on a 4-stroke SSR 150 TX2 that I bought from a guy who ran it last year. It came with two sets of wheels, one for off-road and another there minimoto (they have Dunlops on em). I have no idea if I can get it to be competitive but I am excited to try. There are a couple of brands of the 4-strokes to look at, it that interests you.

AdamandNoahsdad
February 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
A KX65 is the way to go. There is a ton of parts available and the bikes are plentiful. A 65cc bike will allow you to run in two different classes. An 85 will only let you run in 1 class. You could run an NSR 50 in all three classes but unless your name is Schrammy or Hammer the faster two classes will leave you wishing for more horsepower. I think Sun has a brand new 2004 NSR for $3k on craigslist. Last year we ran a KX80 in one class and a KTM 65sx in two classes. The kid on the KTM was pretty determined and ended the year quite well. Let us know if we can help with anything.

HAMMER
February 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joe. Kx 65 for sure. I even have a 12 in rim for the front u can buy for cheap

Spider. The ssr you have is a fun and competitive bike . You will have a blast.

If you have a bike and are not on the mailing list DO IT ASAP.. we are trying to get IMI on the skedg and we could use a few more pre entrys to lock it in.

Contact Chris Martin. ASAP

HAMMER
February 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Tho a nsf or nsr is a sweet bike for racing. But yes. Slower than a 65