PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm

froth
February 14th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Does anyone here do car alarms. My work truck got hit again and several hundred dollars of hand tools and my chop box are gone. I need a silent one that will notify me via pager or something. It would make my day to deliver whomever is doing this to the police, as they are useless as manure injection around here.

Thanks

Fred

rforsythe
February 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I can't do them, but will suggest maybe not using the "AutoPage" ones - they have the little cell-phone looking keyfob that lights up and goes nuts when someone triggers it. While that function does work (got notified when some loser was being scared off by the alarm), I have had constant issues with the fob losing communication with the brain, meaning I have to unlock my door with the key and set off the alarm just to get in. Also the remote start will sometimes not pick up the tach signal, and just keep start/stopping the engine -- really awesome on a cold diesel.

I'm looking for a new one most likely as well, there are some new ones that will communicate with your phone so I may check those out.

racer96
February 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I have the viper smart start installed in my car. It has full alarm with remote start. I'm sure you can get the alarm silenced and only have it alert via your cell phone. There is a yearly fee involved but it is well worth it. they have two different plans, one of which actually has full gps tracking of your vehicle. Hit me up if you have any questions about it.
Zach