PDA

View Full Version : Race Weekend

Wayniac
February 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hey I was wondering if someone could give me the details of a race weekend. This is going to be my first year and I think I may run an endurance and sprint. The more info the better, stuff like when does practice usually start, when should I arrive, etc... thanks!

Bueller999
February 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Here's the 2011 Raceday Schedule it may change a bit for 2012 but basically this is the program.
If I am not staying at the track I try to arrive 0600-0630. Get set up, pre-tech and tech before riders meeting.
Practice starts @~0800

Saturday

Mandatory Riders Meeting 7:45am

Practice till 11:15

NGTU
Production 250 Cup - Race 1
Formula 40

Lunch

MWSS
LWGP
HWSS
NGTO
OSS
LW/MW End
HW/Open End
Superstreet practice
Superstreet Launch
Superstreet Race

Sunday

Mandatory Riders Meeting 7:45am

Practice till 10:00

ROR Qualifying
Opening Ceremonies
Production 250 Cup - Race 2
STGTO
MWSB
LOR/MVGTU
OSB
Thunderbike

Lunch

ROR
AGTU
STGTU/MVGTO
HWSB
COLO
AGTO

spideyrdr
February 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
For reference, the middleweight & lightweight endurance race usually was around 3:00 or 3:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. Since they run the races in order rather than a set timed schedule, it can of course change, but at least that might give you a ballpark idea of when that race is if that's what you'd be doing.

Wayniac
February 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Perfect, thank you. Looks like my racing will be on saturday. I was thinking NGTO/U and MW endurance. Next question, how many gallons of gas would I use for said 2 classes and practice? 6?

spideyrdr
February 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM
The amount of gas is going to vary, but you can guess about you'll be going about 15 miles in each sprint race and 30 in the endurance. If you're really on the ball my guess is you could get in about 30 more miles during the normal morning practice, so a total of 90 miles. What's your race MPG? :) 6 gallons should be enough to cover you.

Wayniac
February 20th, 2012, 08:34 PM
With the new pricing structure, I might need 10 gallons for the weekend! :D