PDA

View Full Version : And another one gone...

JimWilson29
February 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=47202

acrovixen
February 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Wow, that's not a good sign... I'm thankful the MRA has some savvy business minds on the board. And Tony. :wink: Seriously, it shows some visionary big picture thinking that you have board members willing to fix the system before it's too far gone -- some clubs just ride the sinking ship until it's sunk.

Kudos again to our MRA Board - thanks for making the tough calls, even when they're not necessarily the "popular" calls.

oldtimer
February 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Can't believe another club is folding. This is an important reminder that we're a club and we have to show up and support our club or it will evaporate.

Thank you to all the MRA members who have made it out in the past few years, even for just a race or two. Keep coming out!

Mforza
February 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I heard rummors that the SRA (Sidecars) also canceled all the runs for their West section.

rforsythe
February 7th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Any plans to aggressively market the MRA as an out-of-state venue to these folks that are all dressed up in leathers with no place to go? Give 'em a free weekend license and pair them up with MRA'ers if they're confused about how we do things (I will step up as volunteer #1 for that).

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
February 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
WSMC going down is unreal. They have a huge population base from which to pull - meaning LA, Las Vegas, San Diego. Sheesh ..

I'm guessing this is good for the AFM & CVMA.

vort3xr6
February 7th, 2012, 09:55 PM
WSMC has been mismanaged for years. I raced a round last year and it doesn't surprise me one bit they shut down. I guess that's what happens when you let the "family business" run as usual.

jgixxer1
February 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Give 'em a free weekend license and pair them up with MRA'ers if they're confused about how we do things (I will step up as volunteer #1 for that).

This sounds like a good idea for a 1st round incentive for locals that have taken/will take the race school. I know you have SuperStreet, but this would be the next level.

I personally am going to do the race school, but between the price of that, race license, tires, and race entry fees all at once, I may not be able to run the first round; gotta save up some dough for entry to round 2 or 3. The club would be giving up a free weekend license, but still collecting race entry fees for round 1.

IDK, just a thought. Maybe I'm just looking out for "numero uno"

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
February 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
WSMC has been mismanaged for years. I raced a round last year and it doesn't surprise me one bit they shut down. I guess that's what happens when you let the "family business" run as usual.
Wow - I didn't know that. If you count Las Vegas, WSMC had a population region of about 24 million. Colorado is about 5 million, so they really must have messed things up. Imagine what our board could do if they had 5 times the number of people to reach!

T Baggins
February 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Wow - I didn't know that. If you count Las Vegas, WSMC had a population region of about 24 million. Colorado is about 5 million, so they really must have messed things up. Imagine what our board could do if they had 5 times the number of people to reach!

We could piss off 5 times as many people... lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

rforsythe
February 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Well, I think it speaks to how the MRA elects its leaders and holds them accountable. Bullshit in the ranks is just not tolerated anymore, and the results speak for themselves.

GSXRScott
February 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Chuckwalla is brand new. I wonder how they're doing since they basically pull from the same metropolitan areas.

T Baggins
February 14th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Chuckwalla is brand new. I wonder how they're doing since they basically pull from the same metropolitan areas.

Based on what we saw when we were out there, I'd guess they're basically breaking even on the race series... but it's run by the track so who knows how much subsidy it requires, if any.

The track itself probably isn't making any money yet because of the massive cost of to build it.

Their Track Days have probably 3X the number of participants as the race weekend does. On Friday evening the pits were nearly full. When we woke up on Saturday, it was more than 1/2 empty.

jeff healy
February 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Their Track Days have probably 3X the number of participants as the race weekend does. On Friday evening the pits were nearly full. When we woke up on Saturday, it was more than 1/2 empty

not many know how to party like the CO crew :) You guys just scared them off!

T Baggins
February 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Their Track Days have probably 3X the number of participants as the race weekend does. On Friday evening the pits were nearly full. When we woke up on Saturday, it was more than 1/2 empty

not many know how to party like the CO crew :) You guys just scared them off!

maybe... lol

Fastt Racing
February 22nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
F-In Hammer!