PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli and Sol Performance!

Sol Performance
January 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Racers,

After very many discussions and late nights, it has been finalized that Sol Performance will no longer be the dealer for Dunlop race tires.

Starting immediately, Sol Performance will be your Pirelli race tire dealer.

With the changes that dunlop is going trough lately, it was just not in the best interest for Sol Performance to continue vending Dunlops. I am very sad about this due to our very long standing relationship. I like the brand and like the people associated with it. This is purely a business decision. I thank dunlop and all of its riders for giving us a great couple of years in the MRA. I will continue to mount and balance any dunlops (or any other brand) that any rider brings to us. If you are interested in ordering dunlops VIA mail order, please contact Steve Brubaker at Race Tire Services.

Evolving, Pirelli has agreed to give me the freedom necessary to support all of my riders to my fullest potential! I look forward to an awesome year with new riders and new challenges. Pirelli has proven itself as a great tire by its numerous race wins and spec series. Combine this with full Sol Performance support and club racing price point, this leads to an overall winning situation!

I understand there will be many questions and/or comments. Please feel free to contract me here or directly. I will follow up very soon concerning pricing, sponsorship etc..

Have a great day and see everyone at the Motokart event tonight!

Thanks,
Oscar
Sol Performance

LMsports
January 30th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Great to hear Oscar.

EdDuenez
January 30th, 2012, 09:09 AM
good desicion Oscar, good job!!!

KFinn
January 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Think there will be time to do a couple tire workshops between now and the first race to get your riders up to speed on the Pirellis vs Dunlops?

:wink:

Sol Performance
January 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Kev, I thought about that last night. I am doing a TON of reseach, collecting data, and even a couple of riders are going to test out the latest pirellis before the start of the season. Trust me, there are differences between EVERY tire. Any tire can be used to exploit the personality of the rubber to how it matches with your riding personality. You just have to have the information to make that work.

I am very confident I can help the riders use pirellis to obtain any goals they wish to achieve. PLUS, I will have more help in the pits than last year to make sure nobody waits long for the rubber they need for their races!!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Oscar

sheispoison
January 30th, 2012, 11:04 AM
This is the best tire news I've heard all season! Looking forward to working with you Oscar!

nobasin
January 30th, 2012, 12:19 PM
hi oscar-

i assume that you will be the only pirelli vendor at the track now, so i'm just wondering where that leaves cory and intermountain racer supply, as he was supplying and supporting the few pirelli riders still in the fold last year. i was under the assumption that he was going to be at the track again this year but obviously if that's you now, you'll be supporting us, so just wanted to see how that will all work out.

thanks,

mike-

Munch
January 30th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Will they be paying contingency in 2012? Or too early to say?

JimWilson29
January 30th, 2012, 01:45 PM
hi oscar-

i assume that you will be the only pirelli vendor at the track now, so i'm just wondering where that leaves cory and intermountain racer supply, as he was supplying and supporting the few pirelli riders still in the fold last year. i was under the assumption that he was going to be at the track again this year but obviously if that's you now, you'll be supporting us, so just wanted to see how that will all work out.

thanks,

mike-

Cory is no longer doing Pirelli.

Will they be paying contingency in 2012? Or too early to say?

Pirelli is not paying contingency. They changed their pricing structure and eliminated contingency in order to reduce their tire prices.

NossLou
January 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
well...who is bringing dunlops to the track from now on?

Sol Performance
January 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Mike,
Kory has decided to focus on other things for the year. I am not sure about his future plans but I will be the only provider for Pirelli in the MRA this year. If you had previous communication about pirellis and would like to follow up, please contact Kory and/or myself and we can definitely expand.

Munch, There is no corporate organized contingency. However, I am still trying to see what I might be able to do for local payouts and to see if that might be an option for us. :) However, I can tell you that it is my every intention to pass the buck as much as possible to the riders creating a low price point for tires.

Nik, I am sorry but I don't have the answer to that question. It saddens me to not be able to support Dunlop and it's riders anymore. I would call Race Tire Service and have them expand on their plans on the area.
Again I apologize very much to the Dunlop riders.

racer96
January 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
So, do indeed to run out and buy some 17" wheels or do they have 16.5" options?
Thanks
Zach

gsnyder828
January 30th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Congrats Oscar! Email sent.

Sol Performance
January 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM
No need to purchase bigger hoops Zach. Because of world superbike, pirelli has a very good selection of 16.5 tires.

Email returned Geoff!

Please let me know if anyone else has more questions.

Thanks,
Oscar

Sol Performance
February 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Since we were on the subject, I figured I should update the thread with the pricing structure set up for the year...

I forgot about the no pricing in the General forums rule. I removed my pricing but please feel free to contact me anytime for pricing on the Pirelli tires!!

I am still working on the contingency program for the year too. I wil update with that as soon as I have it set.

Also, please contact us for sponsorship opportunities. If you have already and have not heard a response, please give me a nudge and I will get back to you.

As always, let me know if you have any questions..
Thanks!
Oscar

Bueller999
February 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Now your talking!