PDA

View Full Version : Race Numbers

303 cycle
January 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
So my first season in the MRA will be 2012. When can we find out what numbers are available for novices?

Obviously being 303 Cycle I would love to have the 303 number but according to the 2011 listing it looks like thats taken (unless Kevin wants to give that up for a little financial trade :lol: )

spideyrdr
January 21st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Great to see there will be another racer out there!

Edit: You asked WHEN you could find out. You may already have figured out the HOW. :) In any case, here is the HOW, in case you might find this helpful.

One way to check if a number is available is to look in the back of the 2011 season program and see if anyone has the number you are interested in:

http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/11MRAProgramWeb.swf

Next, double-check to see if the number you want has any results or is assigned to anyone by checking the season results for that number:

http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=results_2011&page=riderRESULTS

I believe if a number is registered to someone but they didn't race last year then the number is up for grabs but I am not 100% sure.

If all else fails, I bet one of the board members would be able to check the number to see if it's available. You may already know this but novices must have a number between 100 and 999.

Jamie

303 cycle
January 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks! Yup looked in the MRA guide and it looks like no results for 2011, I thought there was a 2 year period. Either way the Kawasaki would gain at least 8hp with some numbers :wink:

Bueller999
January 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM
5.3 Number & Display Regulations

C. A racer must participate in 3 or more race weekends of the MRA season events
in order to reserve their number for the next season. If they do not participate in
3 or more weekends, their number is considered open and will be given out on
a first come, first served basis the following year. The racer may file a request
with the board to have their number retained for the next season.