PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Motorcycle Show &Swap Jan 28-29,Need Volunteers

JimWilson29
January 12th, 2012, 09:20 AM
The MRA will have an exhibit at the 34rd Annual Colorado Motorcycle Show & Swap on Saturday January 28th and Sunday January 29th: http://www.comotorcycleshowandswap.com/

We are in need of volunteers each day, both Novice and Expert. Novices, this will fullfill your novice hours requirement for 2012. The shifts on Saturday are 9am-2pm and 2pm-7pm. The shifts on Sunday are 10am-2pm and 2pm-6pm. Sunday pm shift will help with moving everything out.

Please respond to this post if interested in volunteering. Louden David will be handling the staffing so please don't PM me.

Saturday Novice Volunteers:
Taeho Jay Powell 9-2
Micheal Gallucci 9-3
Lars lofgren 2-7
Bob Rayburn 3-7
Jeff Brown

Sunday Novice Volunteers:
Jamie Reinig 10-2
Jeff Winter 2-move out
Hot Carl move out

http://www.comotorcycleshowandswap.com/images/2012-Poster.jpg[/b][/u]

spideyrdr
January 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I worked this last year and would like to be there again. It was a good experience! Sunday AM would be the best for me.

Jamie Reinig

jmaher
January 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Sunday AM. I have to be on-stage taking pictures at the wet t-shirt contest for the paper in the Saturday. Darn it!

Joe

Slo
January 13th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Haven't sent in for my race license "yet" and didn't race last year besides last superstreet at HPR. Raced a couple weekends back in 08'. And to make things worse, my bike is still being worked over for the 2012 season.

However, I can help out if needed either day, just let me know. :D

JimWilson29
January 13th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Sunday AM. I have to be on-stage taking pictures at the wet t-shirt contest for the paper in the Saturday. Darn it!

Joe

Rough life. Let me know if you still need me to assist you with your unpleasant job that day.

spideyrdr
January 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM

Joe

Rough life. Let me know if you still need me to assist you with your unpleasant job that day.

The good: Wet t-shirt contest.

The bad: KFinn is one of the contestants!

jmaher
January 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Worse: KFinn might be competitive based on who enters. :(

It has not always been pretty in years past....

Joe

KFinn
January 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Ya but I will be doing the truffle shuffle!

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/19351-1/TRUFFLE+SHUFFLE.gif

Louden
January 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Man I just can't keep up with Jim :wink:

Just to add to Jim's post: If you want to work off your volunteer hours at this event, but your busy Saturday and Sunday we will be moving in and setting up the display with ABATE Friday. Were planning on meeting around two in the afternoon.

Louden
January 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
We have volunteer opportunities still available for this event. If you can fill any of the open spots post up or send me a PM.

Friday set up
2:00 pm Hot Carl

Saturday
Morning Taeho Jay Powell
Afternoon need a volunteer

Sunday Morning
Morning Jamie
Afternoon Hot Carl

Did I mention the booth will be next to the Stage this year and I've heard there's going to be exhibition contests

http://partyfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Wet-tshirt-contest-partyfail.jpg

Slo
January 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
We talked in PM's, I will be there Saturday morning, and if needed, can stay for the afternoon as well.

What time should I be there Sat morning?

Louden
January 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
9:00 am would be perfect

KFinn
January 18th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I do not know yet when I will be there working the ABATE booth but I know I will. Therefore, whenever that is, I can pull double duty and help the MRA booth too.

Louden
January 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Sounds great I'll make sure we have someone there to cover for you when the Ironman Bare Chest Contest starts. I know your going to be a serious contender this year!

http://gothamist.com/attachments/arts_rina/2005_12_artsHairychest.jpg

Throttleroller277
January 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Throw me in there to help out on the shift that occurs when the wet sand bag contest is on. 8)

Louden
January 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Saturday afternoon it is.

sheispoison
January 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
What time I gots to be there on Sunday?

Louden
January 19th, 2012, 07:30 AM
About 2pm

freddiewest
January 19th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I can help on Friday if ya still need someone

Louden
January 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
We can most certainly use more help setting up stuff on Friday. The plan is to all meet just before 2pm at 3715 Brighton Blvd (Faster Motorsports) just up the street from the complex and then we can all head over as a group. PM me your phone number so I can contact you if plans change at the last second.

JWinter
January 20th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Louden, I can help on Sunday if there is a need? Let me know! Jeff 970-302-5931

Louden
January 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Jeff we do need someone sunday afternoon. I'll put you down for 2pm-move out.

JWinter
January 22nd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Got it, I will be there.

Throttleroller277
January 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM
What are the specifics for getting into the show if you are working the booth?
Are we doing wrist bands?
Forging hand stamps?
Tunneling underground from Faster, and up into the Ladies room at the complex?

How about Parking?

8)

Slo
January 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
+1, beat me to it.....

Louden
January 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM
So far as I know Terry from ABATE will be giving me two volunteer passes. This year the staff at the show will be cracking down show passes, therefore the two passes will go to the novice volunteers. As of right now I have two volunteers for each shift so as one group of volunteers shifts are up I'll have them hand the passes off to the new guys. In doing so Brownie I didn't save any free passes for us board members.

I'm planning on leaving my car at Faster Motorsports just south of the show on Brighton Blvd. That way Bart can keep an eye on it them and he said anyone is welcome to do the same.

Tomorrow I'm going to call all the volunteers and tell them exactly where were going to meet to hand off the passes.

Throttleroller277
January 26th, 2012, 12:45 PM
10-4, thanks

spideyrdr
January 27th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I will be working on Sunday AM and will probably opt to park at Faster as well. Last year I paid to park and still walked a considerable distance.

As a safety measure, I will be sure to leave a note on my Jeep:

"Vehicle contains no cash, Kawi parts, or free passes to gentlemen's clubs. I'm talking to you, Bart."

Throttleroller277
January 27th, 2012, 03:50 PM
or free passes to gentlemen's clubs. I'm talking to you, Bart."

You don't have to worry about that..... Bart and I have VIP passes. 8)

Louden
January 30th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Thank you to everyone that volunteered to help with the 2012 Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap

MRA volunteers Taeho Jay Powell, Michael Gallucci, Lars Lofgren, Bob Rayburn, Rene Guzman, Dave Neighbor, Jamie Reinig, Jeff Winter, Dennis Stowers and Kevin Finnegan. MRA board memebers Carl Sorensen, Jim Wilson, Chaplain Boots and Jeff Brown Thank you for supporting the MRA at the 2012 Colorado Motorcycle Show and Swap

You have all been recognized for your support via facebook

https://www.facebook.com/#!/MotorcycleRoadracingAssociation[/b]

Louden
January 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM
NOVICE HOURS LOG 2012 COLORADO MOTORCYCLE SHOW AND SWAP

Taeho Jay Powell 4 HOURS
Michael Gallucci 4 HOURS
Lars Lofgren 4 HOURS
Bob Rayburn 4 HOURS
Rene Guzman 4 HOURS
Jamie Reinig, 4 HOURS

If your name is not included in this public record for completing novices hours and it should be contact me before February 20, 2012. Any request beyond this date will not be accepted.

Thank you again for supporting the MRA

sheispoison
January 30th, 2012, 06:33 AM
First event of the year, good job Louden! Things went really smooth, and you had shit handled.

Slo
January 30th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Was a good time David, went much better than expected. Next year should be even better times!!!