PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed #143 Spencer Russell

T Baggins
January 11th, 2012, 08:33 AM
It is with a very heavy heart that I must report to you all this morning that young Spencer Russell #143 died last night in an accident at his home.

Spencer joined the MRA in 2011 as an up-and-coming competitor in the 250 Cup Series and was a fresh and smiling face in the paddock. His competitive spirit and wonderful personality was a perfect fit in our organization. He will be dearly missed by all...

**The service will be on Saturday, January 21st at 10:00 am at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Wheat Ridge:

4500 Wadsworth Boulevard
Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80033
(303) 423-5654

http://www.holycrosswheatridge.org/

The family welcomes the MRA members and friends to attend the service. Because of the large numbers expected, please plan to arrive early to park, etc.

The family has requested that you please "do not" send flowers to the service as they will not be able to find a home for all of them and they will go to waste.

In lieu of flowers, you may prefer to donate to the Spencer Russell Memorial Fund which has been set up at Guaranty Bank in Strasburg, CO - but donations can be made at any branch of Guaranty Bank. This fund will help the family with the costs of the service and other things associated with the loss of their son.

Thanks Everyone

glenngsxr
January 11th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Always sad to lose a racer. RIP Spencer

jeff healy
January 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM
One of my favorite kids to work with and watch race... I'm at a loss for words. He would have tore it up this season! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

spideyrdr
January 11th, 2012, 09:01 AM
What a tragedy. Our condolences to Spencer's family and friends. RIP young man!

toptier
January 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Such sad news. RIP Spencer.

Bueller999
January 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Unbelievably sad, our deepest condolences to family and friends.
I am privileged to have competed with him.

dmart
January 11th, 2012, 09:36 AM
that is horrible to hear. He was a great kid and always had a smile at the races. Thaoughts go out to his family.

scott_tiller
January 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
We are sorry to hear about this and you are in our thoughts.

I know Trina was looking to battle with him in practice this year. She was always saying that she was mad that a kid on a 250 could keep up and pass her.

Scott and Trina

MiniMoto
January 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Incredibly sad news about an fantastic young racer.
Spencer raced at IMI last season with the Mini Motos and a few other MRA guys, and we really enjoyed his enthusiasm. I was just thinking about him the other day, and how fast he was progressing.

Far too soon.

gsnyder828
January 11th, 2012, 10:10 AM
:( Condolences to his family and friends.

Teach
January 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Very very sad news! I thought it was the coolest thing to see him ride! May he ride in a better place now!

jmart
January 11th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I also had the privilege to race up close with this very respectable young gentleman. He was kind, passionate, and always greeted you with a smile. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the friends and family. God bless.

jmaher
January 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
My thoughts are with him and his family.

Joe

Vanmar Racing
January 11th, 2012, 10:28 AM
When Spencer and his Dad would walk into our pit it was always a highlight of the weekend for me.
What a truly nice family.
Spencer was always smiling and polite and willing to share about his racing.
It was uplifting to see this Dad and Son team, living the dream.

We are completely broken hearted by this tragic news. We would like to send our love and prayers to the Russell Family.

We are so sorry for the loss of your wonderful young man.

Mark and I would like to make a donation to Spencer's family and encourage others to please do so as well.

Much Love,
The Schellinger Family

HAMMER
January 11th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I spent countless hours going over lines and showing this kid the ropes. This makes me wanna throw up. Rip lil man

lars
January 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Terrible news! He will be missed. Kira and my thoughts go to the Russel family.

acrovixen
January 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Simply heartbreaking. :cry: Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at what must be an incredibly difficult time. RIP Spencer...

loujr
January 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
As a racer, parent, and son I could not imagine the pain. My heart and prayers go out to the family. RIP.

KFinn
January 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Rest in peace Spencer. Thoughts and prayers to the family. Sad day.

coax
January 11th, 2012, 12:19 PM
My heartfelt condolences go out to the Spencer's family on the loss of their child. He was quite the little gentleman and a fierce competitor! RIP.

cromer611
January 11th, 2012, 12:54 PM
No words can explain how I feel.

steamboat27
January 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM
My condolences to Spencer's family. RIP buddy.

kamper11
January 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Absolutely shocking and sad! I actually aspired to race as fast as him some day! Great kid, great family! My thoughts and prayers go out to them. Godspeed Spencer!!! Racing above us all now!

AdamandNoahsdad
January 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I'm absolutely speechless!! We only met Spencer a few times at the MRA class and at the MiniMoto race at IMI but we were looking forward to racing with him this year in 250 production. R.I.P. Spencer.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
January 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Its never easy to hear about the loss of a fellow rider, especially one so young. RIP Spencer.

MiniMoto
January 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k111/martincjm/Spencer.jpg

JustSomeDude
January 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
RIP Spencer.

:(

JimWilson29
January 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
First post updated with funeral service information.