PDA

View Full Version : Pay For Your Takeoffs

nobasin
November 22nd, 2011, 11:03 AM
You bought takeoffs from me at round 5. You claimed didn't have any money on you then, you said you were good for it. Round 6, still didn't pay me. Round 7, nowhere to be found. A bunch of excuses and broken promises to pay, still haven't paid me (um, it is the end of November now). Any effort on your part to make good on your word? Nope, none.

Keep the $50, the money isn't the point anymore. When you can't keep your word to a fellow racer who helps you out and you stiff them for tires (for a lousy $50 bucks too), you are what you are.

Munch
November 22nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
And I thought Turpin was above this? ;)

Kidding. Maybe he'll make good - worst case you have some extra Karma?

phildrummond
November 22nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
There ought to be a special number plate color for this type of "racer". We seem to have a few of them lately.

jmaher
November 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Sad....that kinda sucks.

Joe

d_mob
November 23rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
Who was it? Call them out!

This forum is light on drama lately. :)

jrscooter
November 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I second that call him or her out so the rest of us know who to look out for.. this is B.S!!

random hero
November 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
maybe it's the same guy who took my spare Brembo master @ Round 1 and was coming right back to pay me.......... November 27, still no $$

nobasin
November 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Who was it? Call them out!

This forum is light on drama lately. :)

they know who they are and my mama taught me not to be a tattle tail. i'll leave the drama for others. anybody who wants to figure out who this was can easily do so without my help.

to those who want me to call this person out by name to avoid having this happen to you, just don't extend trust to somebody you don't know who says they'll pay you later for tires. simple as that. that mistake was nobody's but my own. you expect club members to treat each other with respect and honesty, and being trustful is in my nature, but sometimes people take advantage of that.

loujr
November 28th, 2011, 07:23 PM
you expect club members to treat each other with respect and honesty, and being trustful is in my nature, but sometimes people take advantage of that.

It is unfortunate that people take advatage of people just trying to help someone. With the racing community being so small, eventually the help and trust will run out. Then it's full price for tires!!!

jgixxer1
November 28th, 2011, 07:58 PM
...you expect club members to treat each other with respect and honesty, and being trustful is in my nature, but sometimes people take advantage

Maybe it was because I'm NOT an actual club member, but I too was taken for a set of tires. The circumstances were a little different, but there was still an agreement made. When it came time, they wouldn't answer phone calls, VM, or text. This, from what I thought was an honorable guy. Oh well, some of us get punk'd for a set of insignificant tires, others for their whole race rig. It all comes out in the wash.

Wayniac
November 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I know it's a business and membership is revenue, but I say kick'em out of the club.

N1K
November 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
lol wont happen there's guys that do much worse shat then this and are still welcome

T Baggins
November 29th, 2011, 04:00 PM
lol wont happen there's guys that do much worse shat then this and are still welcome

"still welcome" is maybe not always a fair representation in every circumstance... However, there "is" a specific legal approach to revoking someone's membership from the MRA...

From the bylaws:

3.3 Revocation of Membership. Membership in the Corporation may be revoked by the Board of Directors whenever in its judgment a Member has repeatedly demonstrated conduct detrimental to the sport of motorcycle roadracing. In the event of such revocation, the individual who’s membership is revoked shall receive a refund of the most recent membership fee paid.

So, unfortunately, simply being a douche or being slow to pay your bills does not necessarily result in automatic banishment. To my knowledge, we've only ever banished ONE member - and their conduct clearly met the requirement of 3.3.

Just because we all share the same interest in motorcycling does not mean we all share the same moral standards or business ethics. This is something we all need to be reminded of occasionally.

Much as I hate to say it, in most all of the circumstances we've been presented with this year where this has come up - the harmed party chose to allow someone they obviously didn't know very well to walk off with something of value.

Perhaps this is a practice that racers (and vendors alike) will re-think in the coming season? It's a shame, but peoples is peoples and not all of us is alike...
:wink:

jmaher
November 29th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Alas, it sucks being stiffed by those you would like to think better of.

Joe

d_mob
November 30th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry, I missed it. Who was it again?

T Baggins
November 30th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry, I missed it. Who was it again?

It's probably me... :oops: :lol:

Clarkie
November 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM
"still welcome" is maybe not always a fair representation in every circumstance... However, there "is" a specific legal approach to revoking someone's membership from the MRA...

From the bylaws:

3.3 Revocation of Membership. Membership in the Corporation may be revoked by the Board of Directors whenever in its judgment a Member has repeatedly demonstrated conduct detrimental to the sport of motorcycle roadracing. In the event of such revocation, the individual who’s membership is revoked shall receive a refund of the most recent membership fee paid.

So, unfortunately, simply being a douche or being slow to pay your bills does not necessarily result in automatic banishment. To my knowledge, we've only ever banished ONE member - and their conduct clearly met the requirement of 3.3.

Just because we all share the same interest in motorcycling does not mean we all share the same moral standards or business ethics. This is something we all need to be reminded of occasionally.

Much as I hate to say it, in most all of the circumstances we've been presented with this year where this has come up - the harmed party chose to allow someone they obviously didn't know very well to walk off with something of value.

Perhaps this is a practice that racers (and vendors alike) will re-think in the coming season? It's a shame, but peoples is peoples and not all of us is alike...
:wink:

Hmmmm......does this apply to vendors as well?

T Baggins
November 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Certainly could Clarkie... but you'd have to show that they repeatedly demonstrated conduct "detrimental to the sport of motorcycle roadracing..." not just conduct that was detrimental to one or two people specifically.

loujr
November 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I am also assuming that for a vendor to have membership revoked it would also have to pertain to actions as a vendor correct? Also would there be a time limit of said actions? Could membership be revoked for something that happened 2 or 3 years ago that is just now brought to light?

loujr
November 30th, 2011, 08:15 PM
:oops:

Sorry for contributing to the original thread jack...

nobasin
December 1st, 2011, 12:29 AM
update: a little anonymous public shaming (with the ever present threat of exposure i suppose) seems to have caused a change of heart in offending persons and they just paid up. i hope they were sincere in their reasons for taking so long to pay and not just squaring up to avoid the embarrassment of being that guy who stiffs somebody for tires. either way, case closed.

T Baggins
December 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
#-o =D>

loujr
December 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

cromer611
December 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
i usually just call them out by name, gets the job done much sooner. and if i did somethin shady, i would expect someone to do the same to me :twisted:

jgixxer1
December 3rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Its worth a try...

Now if I could just get my tires back from your "VeeP".

JimWilson29
December 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Now if I could just get my tires back from your "VeeP".

????

jgixxer1
December 3rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Sorry. 2011 VP.

rybo
December 4th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Sorry. 2011 VP.

Jesse,

I'm really sorry, this is totally my fault.

I still have your tires, in fact they are still on the bike I bought from you. As I haven't even had a chance to go ride it.

I'm away on business for another week and will make sure I get this squared up as soon as I return. Sorry

S