PDA

View Full Version : Battery Charger Question

Scout
November 16th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I keep a Yuasa battery charger/maintainer on my GSX-R600 any time it's not being ridden. It was working fine before I unhooked it the other day to start the bike and run it around the neighborhood. I went to reconnect it an hour later and the charger was dead - no power light, no charge light, no float light. Thought maybe I blew a garage fuse, but the outlet was putting out power.

Anybody ever seen that before? Do those things have internal fuses that I may have blown, or reset mechanisms that may have tripped? Is the whole unit hosed? The charger is probably 3 years old and has never had a problem.

This is the charger, if it helps... http://store.yuasabatteries.com/products/productdetail/part_number=YUA1201501/1717.0

Thanks in advance for any help!

AdamandNoahsdad
November 17th, 2011, 12:50 AM
I'm not familiar with the yuasa chargers but some battery chargers do have fuses inside. Its probably worth taking the cover off and taking a look.

Electroman
November 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The wires from the charger to the battery clips are crimped. I've seen them brake. Look under the insulators for the red and black clips. I solder the wires to the clips.

Scout
November 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks, guys. I went to investigate today and mysteriously, it's working fine again. I may still look at the leads to see if something is shorting, but for now, I'm good to go. Thanks again.

jmaher
November 21st, 2011, 10:23 PM
Have you had any parties lately with "friends" visiting your garage?

Joe

Scout
November 22nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
That might explain it! :lol: