PDA

View Full Version : Race gas

DAYTONA889
October 24th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hello all, I have a 2008 Yamaha R6, it has a GYTR pipe with no cats or mid pipe. a BMC air filter. and a pc3. I have some questions on running race gas in the bike.
1)with the mods I have is it worth running it?
2)what is a good type brand to run?
3)the process in draining the gas after each race day?
Thank you for any help

Bartman
October 25th, 2011, 09:43 AM
The answer is yes and no and remember you want low octane not high, best fuel I have ever used are the MR fuels by VP but are about 30 a gallon or the U4 fuels which are about in the 20 range.
Biggest question I would ask is will 3-5 hps put you in the top 5, if not spend the money on tires and track time until you are near the front then run the race gas.

DAYTONA889
October 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you sounds expensive but sure smells good!!!

Bartman
October 27th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Put a small amount of 2 stoke castor bean oil in it and it will smell very good.

Fastt Racing
October 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yup. A couple ounces of pure castor smells awesome. Throw about 4 ounces of 10% propylene oxide & 15% nitro methane stabilized in Methanol in a couple gallons of 91 gasoline and wheweee, that's some sweet goodness! This is the formula I run in my snowblower every year. It's a Yamaha track drive 6 horse 24" 2 stage auger with a 12 horse Honda GX engine swapped, running on some good juice. It's smokes the belts and drive transmission real nice. My wrecking yard neighbor ends up will ALL of my snow around his crusher. It's hilarious every time.