PDA

View Full Version : Final Decisions?

Munch
October 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I was unable to attend the meeting and am curious if anything has been finalized on fees (race license and 1st sprint cost) and endurance racing for 2012?

TIA

JimWilson29
October 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
2012 Race License fee is $200 prior to 3/15/2012.

1st Endurance - $80
2nd Endurance - $40

If Endurance is an addition to Sprint Races, it will be added at the normal fee structure.

Munch
October 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Cool, thanks Jim!

T Baggins
October 24th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Sprints:

$140 for first

$60 for second

$30 for third and beyond

nobasin
October 24th, 2011, 01:04 PM
so just to clarify jim's comments, it sounds like our race counts between endurance and sprints are not combined, same as it has been? if i sign up for 2 endurance races, is my first sprint still $140, and same in reverse, if i'm signed up for 2 sprints, is my first endurance still $80?

mike-

evomach
October 24th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I read it to say if you do any sprints you pay the 140 then all other races follow 60, 30 regardless if they are sprints or endurance

If you just do Endurance it is the 80, 40

so:
If you do 1 sprint + 2 endurance (or 2 sprints + 1 endurace) it would be 140 + 60 + 30

If you did 2 sprints + 2 endurance it would be 140 + 60 + 30 + 30

If you only did 1 or 2 endurance its 80 + 40

T Baggins
October 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Evomach wins the prize! That is exactly correct...

If Endurance ONLY, then $80 + $40

If you run ANY sprints, plus endurance, then it's the sprint fee schedule - this should encourage cross-over, and addresses some of the disparity in Endurance pricing.

nobasin
October 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
got it. makes sense now.

loujr
October 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
What were the results of the other rule change suggestions made? I don't see the results in the rules section. I was also unable to make the meeting... :oops: :oops:

T Baggins
October 31st, 2011, 09:29 AM
Louis, the recommendations will go to the Board at the next meeting on Nov 7th and we'll publish the final results after that.

loujr
October 31st, 2011, 10:06 AM
Your the best Tony.

loujr
November 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Louis, the recommendations will go to the Board at the next meeting on Nov 7th and we'll publish the final results after that.

Can't find anything about the meeting? Has it been posted on the forum yet?

T Baggins
November 28th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Many of the Board members missed the last meeting as they were out of the Country at a wedding.

I'll see if Moham will post up the summary of the committee recommendations anyway... there was little that was contentious and I don't believe the Board will vary from them.

TRK
November 28th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Here are the results of the rule change suggestions for 2012.* I believe everything was pretty much set and there were no major concerns from any of the board members at the meeting.* The rulebook changes have been completed, but will need to be confirmed and reviewed by the board at the December meeting.* I will then tighten everything up and send the rulebook out for publication.* The proposed changes as listed below had either a very strong approval or unanimous approval at the meeting.
Rule change suggestion summary:
1.***** Amateur definition as it relates to formula 40.
Change:* Prior year’s top 10 plate holders are ineligible.*
2.***** Novice hour change in relation to general meetings.
Change:* Half hour for each general meeting and you cannot obtain all work hours from the general meetings.**
3.***** Front fork modifications in the production 250-production cup class.
Change:* Stock damping rod must be retained.* (Majority approved).*
4.***** Amateur eligibility of those holding a pro roadrace license.
Change:* You lose your eligibility if you hold an AMA pro superbike license prior to the start of the MRA season.* Any other definition of a “pro” racer will/can be determined by the board.*
5.***** Addition of the Aprillia Mille and Tuono to Thunderbike.
Change:* Allow the bikes in Thunderbike.*
6.***** Allow slicks in 250-production cup.
******** No Change:* The majority opposed this change.
7.***** Allow a master cylinder change in the 250-production cup.
Change:* The majority opposed this change.
8.***** Allow modified or aftermarket radiators in supersport classes.
Change:* Must retain the stock radiator to include exterior dimensions.* Riders may change and/or modify the internals of the stock radiator.
9.***** Propose a racer service commitment to include expert racers.
No Change:* Almost unanimously rejected.
10.**** Eliminate badgers from the paddock.
Change:* Still under negotiations with PETA, the badgers teamsters, and team short bus.

loujr
November 28th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks you all ROCK!! (as if you didn't already know....)