PDA

View Full Version : Nabber Press & Rider Rep - Bio

Nabber
October 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
As with every rider/racer I have ever met, motorcycles have been at the center of my World from the age of 14 when, the older lads in my street brought home their first 'Sports mopeds', (Honda SS50, Fantic & of course the Yami 'Fissey' FS1E). I used my powers of persuation to blag a ride up & down the street...hooked! I worked my summer vacation with my Father to save enough for my first bike. With the 16th Birthday fast approaching...the night before..yes..I went to bed with my Motorcycle helmet on!
I was the fast kid in my Town and took crazy risks on the street, (not good!) I was taken to my first race at Snetterton by my Mother, I sat on every bike and imagined racing flat out down the back straight! That started a tradition, Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Thruxton, Cadwell Park & Oulton Park were regular visits to watch Trans Atlantic, British Superbike & World Superbike as well as Moto GP at Donington Park.
I did many Race Schools, (Chaz Mortimer at Silverstone..did 96.6 average lap on the short circuit on a Yam RD400, Cadwell Park to name afew).
Did Isle of Man in 1982 - Practiced at 5am on the Arun RD400 - what a blast!
Could never afford in the UK to go racing. Put it off and at the back of my mind till I went to see Brad Hendry on the Foothills Triumph 675. Got talking to Carl Sorenson and hatched a plan.
This is a special Club, with special people, I have had a great time and made great friends at the Club. I have a background in Sales & networking is second nature, (ask Jim Wilson at Fay Meyers bike day). My Wife in an ex Media Buyer in Chicago & a English Major, this opportunity is a major opportunity to involve her much more in the Sport I love. This will give me time to get quality in depth press & with my selling experiance, get the 'word' out there into the Mainstream, where, frankly, this has never happened in Denver. I want to get the Club noticed, get specater attendance way up there, promote the hell out of the Club everywhere. From Schools, (get 'em young', Hospitals ( show a caring side to those not as lucky as us & give back), Sports Clubs, Bars to traditional targets like bike clubs, bike shops etc.
I will get a bike, will continue racing, would love to pass on and nurture the new talent coming into the club & expand on the commentating, that I have absolutly loved doing this year.
I garuntee I will get this club noticed...give me the opportunity.

TRK
October 1st, 2011, 08:40 PM
RD400 sweeeeeeet. I have an rz350 in my shed lol.