PDA

View Full Version : The offical BEER thread

Bartman
September 30th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Since there seems to be some interest in this here is the thread.
What are your favorite beers and where are they from. :D Always want to try something new.

motolitho
September 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Happy Friday Bart!

Alaskan Amber from well... Alaska. They have a new winter brew out too... good stuff.

Clarkie
September 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
A lot of NZ beers, Steinlarger, Lion Red, but not Speights (Otago beer) we used to say "drink Speights, lose your mates" :D A lot of good Aussie beers you wont see much of here, you can buy Boags here in Vegas which isnt bad, Coopers and Crown is ok as well.

US beers are commonly refered to as 'piss beer' over there LMAO

KFinn
September 30th, 2011, 04:36 PM
but at least our beer is unlike piss from the temperature standpoint! :-)

Man... and I don't even drink beer...

I vote we expand to include mixed drinks too.... but not wine. We wouldn't want to include Tony's wet dream of drinking. :D

Bartman
September 30th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I'm ok with hard liquors as well but no wine, tastes like ass to me and goddamit we are racers not wine swilling dweebs. :twisted:

Clarkie
September 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Hint: try decent wine and you might like it :wink:

Bartman
September 30th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hint: try decent wine and you might like it :wink:

NONONONONONO will not can't make me, I have tried what people have said was good and still just tastes like bad grape juice. :lol:

kamper11
September 30th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Having just returned from across the big pond

italiano birra

Peroni Nastro Azzuro was my favorite macro

Birra del Borgo ReAle Extra my favorite micro (and it came in a 750ml bottle)

In Australia - I liked the Hahn as it was crisp and I was there in the aussie hot summer

Locally - tooooooooo many good US micros

Number 1 beer I drink - PBR - Oh ya dontcha know (thats my sconnie heritage coming out!)

Lets not forget the great comeback of the crap beers of the 70's and 80's - Hamms, Schlitz, Blatz... all the same beer brewed at Miller in Milwaukee

HAMMER
September 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I like Alaskan too .. but I haven't been able to find the " white " maybe is only for winter

And Avery "white rascle" is good too .. with a little lemon squirt

But I stock the garage fridge with good ol PB ribs .... Since my buddys always molest my goods ( tony Ross) ( turtle )

Sometimes I like Negro modelo when its "fiesta" time

I like beer :wink:

HAMMER
September 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Wine makes me sooooo horney... I only drink it with the lady friend .. lol so don't get excited anyone ... :lol:

jmaher
October 1st, 2011, 07:15 AM
Wine makes me sooooo horney... I only drink it with the lady friend .. lol so don't get excited anyone ... :lol:

And I appreciate that when we are pitted together.

cornerworkr
October 1st, 2011, 07:34 AM
My son owns a brewing company up in Loveland. It's called Grimm Brothers Brewhouse, 547 N. Denver Ave.

www.grimmbrothersbrewhouse.com

Starter Bob

Bartman
October 1st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Your son makes beer and you have never brought any to the track, damn Bob I thought we were budds. :cry:

Wayniac
October 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
Uplsope Craft and Mexican Lager (Mexican only available at Tap house and Centro) Upslope Brown Ale during the winter. PBR, Extra Gold and High Life for softball night. Avery beers are very tasty as well. I've really been into canned beer lately. For mixed drinks, can't go wrong with Vodka/Redbull. I do like whiskeys and burbons.

Chadwick929
October 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Anything from Avery out of Boulder. The Beast is one of my favorites, along with the Maharaja. Just sucks that they are seasonal.

Wayniac
October 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM
The tap room at Avery is a good time, I highly recommend stopping by if your in Boulder.

acrovixen
October 1st, 2011, 10:01 PM
Bart, I won't ask how you know what ass tastes like. That is between you and that ass! :mrgreen: Maybe you should lower your standards and try some Boone's Farm - I think they make a peach wine, if you can call it wine. :D

Clarkie, How the F did you not clue me in when this thread OPENED?! Punk. You're cut off. For an hour or two... :wink: And I seem to remember having a picture somewhere of you drinking Speights when we were in Rotorua last Feb... Just sayin. I think there might be a pic of me with a liter (litre :P whatev) of Lion Red on a wall in some pub. My beer drinking prowess is global. :wink:

Ah... If you don't mind spending a few bucks, Chimay is awesome. Especially the Trippel. And it's something like 12% alcohol by volume, so more bang for the buck. Pretty much anything brewed by Belgian Monks is gonna be a winner.

Agree with Clarkie that James Boags (Tasmania) is really smooth, as is Coopers Lager. One of my faves is still Victoria Bitter (VB), but those cruel Aussies don't export it. I kept my friends at the Aussie Embassy close when I lived in DC, so I could get my fix. These days, not so much...

And you can never really beat Guinness or Newcastle for a heavier beer that won't give you a hangover. I have tested this on several occasions...

Clarkie
October 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
Now you have finished sprouting off about beer......can you get me another one honey :D

acrovixen
October 1st, 2011, 10:06 PM
Pffft. It's YOUR turn!

chrobis
October 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Bart, you do realize that the Great American Beer Festival just left Denver, with something like 2200 beers from 450 breweries, right?

This: http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/the-competition/winners/ should keep you busy waaay past the off season.

Myself, I am an anti-hophead - I'd rather taste the malt and yeast, so keep that in mind with my suggestions.

My all time favorite draft is Guiness ("'Tis a magic brew", I was once told by a Dubliner while waiting for a tour of the Molson brewery in Toronto. He would visit the local pubs and survey the assorted glasses to see if what they were pouring was 'fresh enough'.) St. James Gate, Dublin, is my personal Mecca.

Dry Dock brewery in Aurora makes a simply fantastic Apricot Blonde, that is good enough to convert non-beer-drinkers. The Rackhouse pub on Kalamath at Byers usually has a very eclectic selection on tap and will give out free tastes.

jeff healy
October 4th, 2011, 09:20 AM
For some outside perspective, try some of the beers from big sky brewing from up here in the north! All really good and they have a great selection depending on how you like your beer. But, PBR is the staple for me as well. Clarkie, you know that beer in the states is like sex in a canoe..... It's fu@#in near water! :)

Clarkie
October 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah it is, when I was a young boy in my teens in NZ we used to drink Carlsberg Elephant Beer which was 7.2% :D

http://www.carlsberggroup.com/brands/Pages/CarlsbergElephantbeer.aspx