PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Finnegan - Rider Rep Bio

KFinn
September 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Rider Representative – Press & Contingency Bio
Thank you for the nomination for Press & Contingency rider rep Wyeth! I am honored.

Most of you may know me as KFinn or at the track, recently dubbed, Finne-ginger. For me the motorcycling love started when I was a young child. However I was unable to live the dream until 2004 on my 21st birthday when I enrolled in an ABATE motorcycle class to get my endorsement. It was more important to me to be able to ride than go to the bar (legally) for the first time. After many years of avidly riding the idea was planted to get my Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) certification and begin teaching new riders. So I enrolled in the class in October of 2008. I started teaching the Basic Rider Course in 2009. During this first year I not only learned how much work it is but more importantly how much fulfillment and enjoyment I got out of teaching people to ride. So the passion continued in 2010. My passion for the motorcycling world was in full swing. I became an active member with ABATE and started attending all the monthly district meetings. I participated and helped any where I could with ABATE events and also started becoming educated and active on the legislative aspect of Motorcycling. I believe with all my heart in the effort to keep our motorcycling freedoms, safety and education rather than legislation. In 2010, I became an addition to the MRA family. This was a whole new world to me and I absorbed as much as I could from anyone that was willing to spew out information and helpful hints. After the very first race I was hooked and I knew that this is what I wanted to do and had dreamed about doing. So much so, that I wanted to help out as much as I could. Thus in the opening of 2011, I volunteered at every MRA event and booth I could when I wasn’t teaching for ABATE. I had a great time hanging out with all types of motorcyclists, talking to other novices and strangers about the addiction and listening to great race stories from ‘the elders’ during the slow moments. Finally, a couple times this year I wrote articles for the ABATE monthly newsletter about racing and my experiences throughout the season. That just about covers all the major stuff up to present day.

Upon my nomination, I took careful consideration to the motivation and desire to accept the position before actually accepting. I wanted to ensure that if I got voted to the job that it was for the right reasons. During this process I discovered that the main driving reasons for me wanting to be a rider rep were to further immerse myself in the motorcycling community, to give as much as I could to help those that need it, and to share my positive attitude and high energy with fellow members. I also feel that a rider representative should be an approachable and friendly person to seek for help with good ethics and integrity. I feel that I am a good candidate with all of the aforementioned qualities because I am always evaluating my actions and striving to be a better person. That said, all the candidates nominated are very strong candidates and stand up people. I only hope that I can be considered a strong contender in your eyes as well.

My hopes for the press & contingency position are to continue to live up to the high standard that Wyeth has set. I also hope that in my press releases I can convey my exuberance to the readers to draw them out to our events.

If elected, my plans are to seek out any new avenues for promoting the MRA and attempt to wake up any dormant & unresponsive connections. I would also encourage feedback from the members on any new ideas or constructive feedback on improving our club and it’s press. I would also help the VP in any capacity that I am able on getting contingency forms compiled and mailed after a race weekend as well as helping the initial contingency process for 2012. Further, I would support board and non-board members where I can when they are in need.

DOUBLE A
September 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
NO GLAMOUR SHOT PICTURE WTF???

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/310254_2380534722172_1514809688_32549321_697413386 _n.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KFinn
September 28th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Haha.... I am not pretty enough for a glamor shot. Not sure what Rachael sees in me.... oh wait, that is right, her vision is so bad she can't see me all that well..... Like beer goggles.

Fastt Racing
September 28th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Wow. Nice bio Kevin. That is the most serious I have ever heard you communicate. You were deffinitely one of the stand up riders in novice I culd count on this year. It was great participating with you, and helping with some of the MRA booths. Thanks for your personal help & generosity.I knew this would eventually turn into the funniest board member bio EVER! You are a funny man Kevin. Thanks for a little help Aaron. Next Burger King crown? Don't post the Sophia 848 stuff hear, hehehe. The best of luck to you Kevin!

KFinn
September 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
You are a funny man Kevin.Gotta excel at something in life right?

KFinn
September 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
NO GLAMOUR SHOT PICTURE WTF???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dang... at work the photo didn't even show up. I had no idea you posted a goofy photo stolen from my FB account. :/ Dang. Stalker! You know it is one more photo you added to your secret "I love Kevin" wall at home.

DOUBLE A
September 28th, 2011, 01:23 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/319987_10150311666647043_616757042_8202390_2094833 78_n.jpg