PDA

View Full Version : TechSpec?

Munch
September 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Anyone use TechSpec grip on their tanks? Curious on feedback, like it/hate it...

I've been using stompgrip, and came across this.

ZiaThunder
September 22nd, 2011, 04:52 PM
I've been using it for about 8 race weekends so far this year I love it but I'm on my second set. The first set was the really soft version and I had it delaminate on one side of the tank. I picked that version of it because I thought it was lighter and softer.

The second version has been on the bike for 4 races with no issues it's much thicker and heavier. I actually like the grip from it better and I haven't had the issue with it coming apart. The softer one started to come apart after only 3 weekends.

I used stomp grip on my other bike and this works just as well, and it doesn't wear on my leathers like the stomp grip did.

spideyrdr
September 22nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Love mine. I am not a wild-monkey-hangin-off-the-bike type of rider or anything but the grip level on my R6 is just right. The Stompgrip that was on there originally felt like an upside down computer chair mat. It has also stuck on nice through about 10 endrance race weekends.

COS Mille
September 22nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Had mine all season. Really like it, no issues. Will pick some up for my street bike because I miss it when riding on the street after having it on the race bike.

Munch
September 22nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Awesome, thanks everyone. Have a set on order :)

peteyt328
September 23rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
Its good stuff. And you really can take it off and reapply it, I have moved mine from a crashed tank and never had an issue with it falling off or anything. It has done a number to the knees of my leathers after two seasons but thats because it grips well..

303 cycle
September 24th, 2011, 01:42 PM
We have a lot of these kits in stock if you want to come check them out. The C3 compound is softer and provides a little bit better grip. The standard snakeskin is harder and has shown to last a little longer under race conditions.

We are one of the LARGEST tech spec dealers in the US so if you need tech spec we can definitely hook you up at an unbeatable price.