PDA

View Full Version : Great first year! Thanks MRA!

KevEd614
September 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
As a new racer this year I wanted to make some comments and give my feedback for the MRA.

I want to thank the MRA for making it so easy to get started. The Superstreet class was an outstanding idea. I knew I wanted to get into road racing and Superstreet was perfect for a transitional phase before I was able to afford getting my bike "race ready". I raced Superstreet at the first PPIR round this year, crashed out, but I was hooked.

Incredibly every single person I talked to was more than willing to help me get started: Rybo with Superstreet and a leather suit, Jeff Brown running the Superstreet class and answering any questions, Bartman with tech questions and suggestions, many more to list here too.

I was bummed to see the last round cancelled this year as my budget didnt allow me to make every round but I understand and respect the difficult decision made there. It's good to see the board members dedicated to the future of the MRA.

I see your willingness and eagerness to help get people into racing as a very, very strong quality in this club and will help the club remain financially able to continue racing. It looks as though my company will be moving me this winter so I won't be able to continue with the MRA next year but if I ever end up back in the Colorado area I would love to participate and contribute more to the MRA as it has helped me greatly!

To all who I have been in contact with this year in the MRA: corner workers, board members, instructors, and other racers...thank you very much!!!

steamboat27
September 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Kev it was great meeting you this year.

KFinn
September 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Tell your company you have more important things in Denver and you must stay. :-) j/k

But no, seriously.... Tell them

Kidding....

but am I?

Throttleroller277
September 21st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Glad you had a great time. I look forward to seeing you again, as I am sure I will!!

KevEd614
September 22nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks Corey, it was good meeting you at the school and pitting with you.

I am still trying to convince them to stay here...but it looks like a loosing battle.

Anyone know of any clubs in the Kansas City area? The closest thing I have found is the CMRA in the Texas, Oklahoma area. I was hopig to find something so I wouldn't have to travel 5 hrs to a race.

KevEd614
September 30th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Anyone? Anyone?

gsnyder828
September 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM
As far as I know CMRA is going to be your best bet. I believe CCS runs a midwest region, but I think it's more Illinois/Indianna area. Might be worth checking out though. They used to have a Great Plains series, but I think it died.

gsnyder828
September 30th, 2011, 08:16 AM
As far as I know CMRA is going to be your best bet. I believe CCS runs a midwest region, but I think it's more Illinois/Indianna area. Might be worth checking out though. They used to have a Great Plains series, but I think it died.

rybo
September 30th, 2011, 08:36 AM

CCS great plains folded last year, so midewest, CRA in Wisconsin and Minnesota and CMRA are likely your best bets.

s

KevEd614
September 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
That's what I was afraid of. I would rather drive the 8 hours back to Denver a couple times a year. Maybe I'll be seeing some of ya again next year for a few rounds.

TRK
October 1st, 2011, 11:27 AM
:D