PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to race w/USBA @ Miller OCT 1 ????

random hero
September 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Myself (luke) and Pete Tabor are kicking the idea around of going out to Miller for the last round w/USBA. They're running FULL course. Fee's are comparable to ours, no endurance, just sprint races. I have room for 4 bikes, gear, tools etc. and would be willing to make the drive out there... but looking for another 1-2 people to share the cost with..... Anyone serious, let me know. Round is Oct 1/2, they do things different there... Friday trackday run by different org, but saturday is JUST PRACTICE, NO RACES, then sprints on Sunday...

If your serious, hit me up... either pm me or email: wuckert135@gmail.com. Probably leave early thursday morning

JimWilson29
September 18th, 2011, 10:03 PM
They are running the full course, not perimeter. They are different.

rforsythe
September 19th, 2011, 06:58 AM
If you have the opportunity to run the full course at Miller, I suggest going out there to do it. You'll need to bring your big set of balls for a couple parts of that configuration, but you will not regret the trip.

rybo
September 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Luke,

I'm planning on going.

Just so you know they are offering us visiting riders a $50 discount on their practice fees at the 10-1 round along with full license reciprocity (unless you're planning on taking some of their money in KOM, for which you have to be a full member).

Hope to see you there!

Scott

Munch
September 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
email sent!

rybo
September 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Just to be clear there is some racing on Saturday at Miller- they do a 1.5 hour team endurance race there in addition to the practice.

s

evomach
September 19th, 2011, 05:21 PM
The track handles the Open Track Day Friday You can sign up for the Open Practice at

www.millermotorsportspark.com

As Scott said there is practice Sat morning and the first part of the afternoon, then the endurance races. All of the Sprint Races are on Sunday

I hope you and Pete can make it out.

peteyt328
September 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I saw on the track website that you needed some kind of certification or something to ride that they would not be giving at the track. Does anyone know anything about that or will I have to give them a call?

DOUBLE A
September 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I thought I read bad! Petey I just read what you were referring to:

Track Orientation Rider/Driver Evaluation (TORDE): $65Licensed racers do not need the TORDE.

Every first-time Open Track Day participant, regardless of experience, except licensed racers, must complete a TORDE session prior to being allowed to participate. The TORDE is mandatory only on your first Open Track Day. This is to ensure that all participants understand the Rules of Participation. With riders of varying levels of experience on the track at the same time, it is imperative to follow the rules.

The orientation consists of a 20-minute classroom session, a van ride around the circuit and an instructor lead-and-follow session. All TORDE sessions take place in the morning on Open Track Days. Once you have been cleared by your instructor, you are free to run the remainder of the day and any future Open Track Day. TORDE space is limited – you must call ahead or pre-register by selecting an Open Track date from the list on this page or via the following link

well guess that sums that up. :lol:

NossLou
September 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
been wanting to go since HPR.... sent an email!

Munch
September 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
More detail on the Torde and Friday's track day:

Open Track Days are available in half- and full-day increments. With the exception of licensed racers, first-time participants are required to attend a Track Orientation Rider/Driver Evaluation (TORDE) session. During the course of the season, all four of Miller Motorsports Park’s different track configurations will be utilized.

Half Day » Own Motorcycle » $135.00

Full Day » Own Motorcycle » $200.00

Info from:

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/get-on-track/open-track-days/motorcycles.html

Anyone know if they offer a discount track day pack if we buy in bulk for Friday's trackday?

While I'm digging, here's the MOM info:

http://www.utahsba.com/racing/

Keep this thread up if you're planning on going. I'm looking at making this trip!

jeff healy
September 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Dammit!!! I want to go soo bad!! Had a blast over there last trip and it would be even better with all you guys there! Time to do some calculating!!

rybo
September 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Dammit!!! I want to go soo bad!! Had a blast over there last trip and it would be even better with all you guys there! Time to do some calculating!!

Bring your $16.63 - we get one more chance to battle for it this year!

jeff healy
September 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Guess I don't have to get the 848 ready right away! Any chance someone would be able to take my bike and some gear down for a fee of some sort?? I might just be able to pull this off!!

Munch
September 20th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Ping Luke from the first post, we're working on going as we speak.

Blue Junk
September 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
One thing you guys will want to know is that the USBA requires an AMA membership. We still get our insurance through them, and it is a requirement to register.

Looks like we will have a rather large group of you coming out! :D

jeff healy
September 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Just sent him an email so we will see!!

Munch
September 20th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Didn't know about the AMA membership requirement, luckily I carried mine over from last year, as they offer nice road-side assistence :)

jeff healy
September 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Sweet I'm in!! Rybo, they have 2 twins classes we can run in so even when I win the first one you will have one final chance to get that envelope back :) Good luck to you!! See you guys there!!

jeff healy
September 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Also, from my last trip over to miller, their rulebook requires sharkfins as well as frame sliders and ours does not! There are exceptions for those of us that ride cool bikes like the 999 which has it integrated into the swingarm but would be good to check on your application before getting over there and not passing tech for a $20 part! If you don't have one I know Kory carries a few with him to the track so you could check with him! Just a heads up!

rybo
September 20th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Sweet I'm in!! Rybo, they have 2 twins classes we can run in so even when I win the first one you will have one final chance to get that envelope back :) Good luck to you!! See you guys there!!

GAME ON!

p.s. nice subtle remark there - "when I win the first one" - prepare to eat your words punk. :)

jeff healy
September 20th, 2011, 02:19 PM

GAME ON!

p.s. nice subtle remark there - "when I win the first one" - prepare to eat your words punk. :)

00--00 00--00 :-({|=

random hero
September 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Here's my situation as of today. I have 3 out of 4 slots in my trailer taken. Munch, myself and taking Jeff Healy's equipment with me. Nik lenski is a possiblity for the 4th spot, as is Pete.... I'm looking into the rules, but for me transporting peoples bikes is prob out of the question.

snowblaze506
September 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Who's in for the endurance race? Rybo, Healy? How about a twins team? We could run the relay class. And I'm looking at F5/supertwins, Hwss, and twinsGTO :twisted:

Casey
MRA #75

jeff healy
September 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
Im in for some sort of end team! I was planning on running supertwins, AM O Twins O and Sportsman or Nov O. Probably sportsman since there are way more people on the grid but who knows! Buuuttt... If Luke can't take my bike, then I won't be able to join. Don't worry Luke, after the season the 999 has had it isn't worth anything anyways :)

rybo
September 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Who's in for the endurance race? Rybo, Healy? How about a twins team? We could run the relay class. And I'm looking at F5/supertwins, Hwss, and twinsGTO :twisted:

Casey
MRA #75

Casey,

I'm in for an endurance team - seems like a good idea to me.

I'll be doing

f5/Supertwins
HWSB
Twins 0
and probably Am O

nobasin
September 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
just saw this on RRW.com...wish I could come, especially now at the reduced rates.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=46088

jeff healy
September 21st, 2011, 03:11 PM
So casey rybo and myself for and endurance team so far!?!? Are you guys signing up online previous or are you just signing up when we get there?

Munch
September 21st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Did you see they have a $50 bring a friend rate for Saturday practice? Anyone have any detail on this?

rybo
September 21st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Did you see they have a $50 bring a friend rate for Saturday practice? Anyone have any detail on this?

Munch,

This is for USBA full license holders (not reciprocity) - if they refer a new rider to the USBA they get $50 off.

The USBA has already discounted Saturday practice by $50 for everyone - it's usually $125 and priced at $75 on the registration form.

s

Munch
September 21st, 2011, 04:03 PM
Got it, thanks!

random hero
September 21st, 2011, 04:15 PM
I'm in for a endurance team... still have 1 spot in the trailer open too

freddiewest
September 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I would do the endurance race also if you all need a decent racer.. :D

random hero
September 21st, 2011, 06:27 PM
I would do the endurance race also if you all need a decent racer.. :D

I'm sure we can figure something out... Rybo said we can use our own bikes, we just don't get any points, but who cares!

jeff healy
September 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah no need for points just a team to represent the MRA!! I think it's a great idea :). And yeah a decent racer would help our chances! Lol

snowblaze506
September 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
Its easier to sign up online. You will need an AMA #.

The Endurance is only 1.5 hours. Perfect for 2-3 riders.

Casey

Munch
September 21st, 2011, 08:34 PM
I have a brand new Woodcraft sharkfin if anyone needs it, PM me.

Munch
September 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, here's my lineup for Sunday:

Formula 5, AM-GTU, Twins GTO and Formula 40

Full practice on Saturday and Full trackday on Friday.

This is gonna be fun!

rybo
September 22nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Its easier to sign up online. You will need an AMA #.

The Endurance is only 1.5 hours. Perfect for 2-3 riders.

Casey

Casey - Healy

PM me about the endurance race before you register

Scott

random hero
September 22nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
no love for the endurance team... :? I'll show you guys :D

jeff healy
September 22nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
haha and Luke!

jeff healy
September 22nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Just finished signing up! Signed up for team endurance, supertwins, am-o Twins-o, and sportsman! Cant back out now!!

ZiaThunder
September 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Just finished signing up! Signed up for team endurance, supertwins, am-o Twins-o, and sportsman! Cant back out now!!

Sweet!!! Can't wait to see you there Montana. You can buy me a beer for my birthday. :lol: Then we can call it even :twisted:

I was thinking about doing the endurance solo again this year, but would be willing to team up if anyone is interested.

XBAM
September 22nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
I'm going out too, I miss Miller it's one of the coolest tracks ever. See you guys there!

Munch
September 22nd, 2011, 09:05 PM
I'm going out too, I miss Miller it's one of the coolest tracks ever. See you guys there!

Thank God, I'll be looking for you!

XBAM
September 22nd, 2011, 09:15 PM
I will be easy to find...and I'll be there Saturday/Sunday.

ZiaThunder
September 22nd, 2011, 10:24 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!

That's best news I've heard in months.

Munch
September 23rd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Since it's my first time to Miller, I've been trying to get a handle on the 23 turn 4.5 mile full course.

Came across Shane running a nice 3:03.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtATVQB58Q0&feature=related

Guess I'll be watching this all weekend with my helmet on :)

jeff healy
September 23rd, 2011, 09:26 AM

Thank God, I'll be looking for you!

Guess we will be battling on the track and in the pits! Bree, missed you at PPIR!! Oh and I will be doing some studying with that video too!!

random hero
September 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Not sure if anyone else is interested in racing on 4 wheels... But Robby Gordon Desert Racing challenge will be going on same time we're in Utah. 900hp trucks w/25"+ of suspension travel.

This should be awesome to see... My other racing passion is desert/off-road, so I'm stoked.... figured I'd pass it along

http://www.race-dezert.com/home/robby-gordon-speed-energy-desert-challenge-coming-to-miller-motorsports-park-20977.html

danawilson
September 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Bree, glad you're coming out!

I'll answer a few questions in one reply here:

Sharkfins - in the rule book, but we let people slide for one weekend, so no worries

Frame sliders - That's a Miller requirement to help prevent the track surface from getting torn up. Required.

$50 off of practice - This is reflected in the shopping cart price of $75 for Saturday.

$50 "bring a friend" discount - Register as normal and you'll get a paypal refund at the registration desk. This is on top of the practice discount You can't have raced with us in 2010 and 2009. Bring someone new and you can get the discount. Hell, bring 5 friends and race for free! :D

You do need a current MRA license to take advantage of reciprocity.

Link to online registration is here: http://www.utahsba.com/registration/mom/guest.php

If you need a garage or RV space, drop Kamry an email. She reserves the facilities at Miller: kwhite@millermotorsportspark.com

Feel free to jet me an email if you have any questions. Excited to see some MRA friends this weekend. It hasn't been the same since HPR opened.

-D (dana@utahsba.com)

danawilson
September 26th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Not sure if anyone else is interested in racing on 4 wheels... But Robby Gordon Desert Racing challenge will be going on same time we're in Utah. 900hp trucks w/25"+ of suspension travel.

This should be awesome to see... My other racing passion is desert/off-road, so I'm stoked.... figured I'd pass it along

http://www.race-dezert.com/home/robby-gordon-speed-energy-desert-challenge-coming-to-miller-motorsports-park-20977.html

Cool. That's on the new offroad track on the west end of the paddock. I heard they're crazy-loud.

-D

peteyt328
September 26th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Dana, do you know if the track uses our transponders for lap times on track days? Just wondering because they have a spot for transponder number on the bike registration for the track day. Thanks

jeff healy
September 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
They use the same ones for the races but not sure about the trackdays. I would think it would be the same since they are set up for it

toptier
September 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM

Bree, glad you're coming out!

I'll answer a few questions in one reply here:

Sharkfins - in the rule book, but we let people slide for one weekend, so no worries

Frame sliders - That's a Miller requirement to help prevent the track surface from getting torn up. Required.

$50 off of practice - This is reflected in the shopping cart price of $75 for Saturday.

$50 "bring a friend" discount - Register as normal and you'll get a paypal refund at the registration desk. This is on top of the practice discount You can't have raced with us in 2010 and 2009. Bring someone new and you can get the discount. Hell, bring 5 friends and race for free! :D

You do need a current MRA license to take advantage of reciprocity.

Link to online registration is here: http://www.utahsba.com/registration/mom/guest.php

If you need a garage or RV space, drop Kamry an email. She reserves the facilities at Miller: kwhite@millermotorsportspark.com

Feel free to jet me an email if you have any questions. Excited to see some MRA friends this weekend. It hasn't been the same since HPR opened.

-D (dana@utahsba.com)

Dana, Is there a certain date that registration closes online?

danawilson
September 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Dana, Is there a certain date that registration closes online?

Register online by Wednesday evening and avoid the late registration fee. Other than that, you can register online up until Sunday morning when in-person registration closes.

Munch
September 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM
If you register online before Wednesday, what does it cost to add a race say on Sunday?

Blue Junk
September 26th, 2011, 05:45 PM
If you register online before Wednesday, what does it cost to add a race say on Sunday?

Same price as the fee schedule outlines.

Munch
September 26th, 2011, 06:33 PM
So just a single $25 post entry fee, if you add say 2 races, plus the fees for the races?

random hero
September 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Cool. That's on the new offroad track on the west end of the paddock. I heard they're crazy-loud.

-D

I've been to some Lucas Off Road races... Unlike anything, the trucks are incredibly fast... and LOOOOUD.

evomach
September 27th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Dana, do you know if the track uses our transponders for lap times on track days? Just wondering because they have a spot for transponder number on the bike registration for the track day. Thanks

They do not provide lap times on the Friday MMP Trackday. On the Sat/Sun Practices (and of course races) they will post the lap times in the garage and they will be available at mylaps if you have an account

evomach
September 27th, 2011, 01:25 AM
So just a single $25 post entry fee, if you add say 2 races, plus the fees for the races?

I'm pretty sure they don't charge you the $25 post entry fee if you have already signed up for some races. Just the normal race fee for the race based on how many races you have already signed up for.

toptier
September 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
are we allowed to camp at the track?

peteyt328
September 27th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Does anyone that's going out to Miller have a lap timer beacon by any chance??

evomach
September 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
are we allowed to camp at the track?

Yes.

They have RV hookup spots you can rent and also there are always people who sleep in their trailers or in the back of their trucks/vans or even some who sleep in the garages if they rent one. There are showers on-site.

Fastt Racing
September 27th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Peter, you will be going freaking fast! Don't worry about it. Me and Nyles will be right behind you no mater what your lap timer says, LOL.

Fastt Racing
September 27th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Hey guys anyone want to rent a garage? How much are they?

ZiaThunder
September 27th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Does anyone that's going out to Miller have a lap timer beacon by any chance??

The track has beacons hard wired into the starting towers. But, I'll have one if those aren't working. I"m sure others will too.

peteyt328
September 28th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks Kim!

Dennis, new track could mean anything....

Throttleroller277
September 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Dennis, new track could mean anything....

It's just turns and straights!.... You'll be fine.

At this point you guys have seen all the types of corners there are:
-Constant Radius
-Decreasing Radius
-Increasing Radius
-Double Apex

Some may be faster than you have been on, some slower...

Remember... Fast sections Fast... Slow sections Slow.....

When learning any track for the first time, think in terms of feet per second. Don't worry so much about the slow corners at first,.. just be sure to not rush the entrance, which will enable you to nail the exit correctly, and get a good drive out. Getting a good drive onto the straights will give you higher MPH at the end of them, which equates to faster lap times. etc..... Remember.."Give up a little, to gain a lot"...

Miller "Flows" very well if ridden properly. Look at track maps... Draw the corners as you see them... throughout the day, draw the corners and point out to yourself where you do not have "reference points", and go out and find them.... Do your homework off the track, and everything will all come together, and flow.

Use your available track time wisely... Put your head down every time you are one the track, every session, every lap...... I'm not saying to go out there and crash every session pushing it.. but don't be out there "pussy footin" around during practice, riding like you are on Colfax looking for Hookers.... You're on a race track... act like it..

Remember it's just you against the race track... Pete, don't worry about where Dennis is on the track... Dennis, don't worry about where Pete and Nitro Nyles are at.. etc, etc... Just hit your marks.

There are plenty of friendly, fast riders out there that are willing to answer questions.... if you ask them...

I rode 3 full seasons at Miller for the first 3 years of it's existence, and won a few championships there, so feel free to call me should you have any questions, or just want to brag about how bad you whooped there ass'... 303-210-0425

You guys know what to do, and you'll do just fine... Go represent!!

Whish I could join ya, but it's not gonna happen....

8)

peteyt328
September 28th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks Browny! Good info.

Fastt Racing
September 28th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Damn Brownie, you're one wierd dude. Hookers, really? I feel more confident in learning the place now that I have a little game plan to follow, thanks a bunch Brownie.

Throttleroller277
September 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Damn Brownie, you're one wierd dude. Hookers, really?

The only thing about Hookers that I have ever felt weird about, is when they are paying me to do things....

Don't you know who my #1 Sponsor is Dennis???? 8)

Someone help this guy out a little...

jeff healy
September 28th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I have heard that man-whoring on Colfax is a pretty lucrative job!!

patrecia
October 24th, 2011, 01:12 AM
I am looking for a insurance policy which can provide nice returns so I am searching for a insurance company.But I am confused with which scheme or plan.Please help me out.

orlando insurance (http://www.roygavra.com/)