PDA

View Full Version : Previous seasons results & standings

GNGSXR
September 18th, 2011, 04:41 PM
is there a way to access results from previous years?

dave.gallant
September 18th, 2011, 10:22 PM
is there a way to access results from previous years?

I can give you a huge Excel dump of every year with results, but no pretty way to see it just yet...If you are interested?

dirkterrell
September 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Dave, I've been working on some participation analyses for the Board. If you could send me said spreadsheet, it would save my having to query and parse the online results.

dave.gallant
September 19th, 2011, 10:03 PM
http://filezilla.mra-racing.org/files/exports.zip

Enjoy!

dirkterrell
September 20th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks Dave.

GNGSXR
September 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks!

Am i blind or do these excel files not contain lap times?

dave.gallant
September 20th, 2011, 01:43 PM
No times in there.

The times database is a monster since it has so many rows. I have been working on a script that exports the times DB into a sqlite database for an "archive" access, but like most everything else in my life, it is a "work in progress". :/

GNGSXR
September 20th, 2011, 01:54 PM
no problem.
If you are ever really bored and want to do some lap time reclamation let me know :wink:

dirkterrell
September 21st, 2011, 07:46 AM
No times in there.

The times database is a monster since it has so many rows. I have been working on a script that exports the times DB into a sqlite database for an "archive" access, but like most everything else in my life, it is a "work in progress". :/

If you want some help with that, let me know. I work with sqlite all the time and I'm using it for the participation analysis for the board.

dave.gallant
September 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM
The times are now all exported into a single times table, but the real problem is that the unique I'd for each rider may have changed over the years. (times and riders DBs are two independent DBs, and rider primary key in the rider db may change due to multiple instances or delete/add actions)

This means that I can't query the whole thing at one time and need to come up with a clever way to determine the ID for a specific year before making the select statement.

Or, perhaps there is an easier way to handle it on the way in during import, but it will still be ugly.

dave.gallant
September 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
...that said, I love help so feel free to ping me at webmaster@mra-racing.org

dirkterrell
September 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Yep, sounds like it will take some work by hand to straighten out but that sounds like a good over-the-winter project. Maybe we can get it all straightened out and make things easier for everybody. I'll contact you by email about the data dumps.

Scored51
September 25th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Dave/Dirk,

Would it help to just export (.CSV) all of the lap time files again from the timing software? That way you could limit the query to a single race then assign a unique ID based on something like rider and season number. I still have everything I've timed since 2006. There are files prior to that, but I can't guarantee it's 100% all there.

dirkterrell
October 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
That would probably be ok.