PDA

View Full Version : HPR Open Lapping October 8/9

The GECCO
September 16th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Hello Race Fans!

It's my pleasure to announce that time has come available for **WEEKEND** Open Lapping at High Plains Raceway on October 8th and 9th.

Saturday, October 8th will be Cars Only
Sunday, October 9th will be Motorcycles Only
(The previously scheduled Motorcycles Only day on Friday, October 7th has been canceled)

There's another special twist to these days - participants will have the opportunity to run on THREE DIFFERENT track configurations in the same day! Here's how the schedule will run for both days:

8am - 10am: Full Course
10am - 12pm: West Course
Lunch
1pm - 3pm: North Course
3pm - 5pm: Full Course

Signing up ahead of time via the HPR website HERE (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/lapping-days.html) still saves $10 compared to paying at the track so get signed up early and we'll see you at the track!

jplracing
September 16th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Glenn

Looked at the HPR website and couldn't really figure it out

Could you describe what the North and West Courses are?

Thanks

Joe

The GECCO
September 16th, 2011, 08:23 AM
North Course = cuts off the west loop
West Course = cuts off the north loop

rforsythe
September 16th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Profound. :lol:

jplracing
September 16th, 2011, 02:27 PM
So I have to ask

Why would we want to run a short track? IMO T4 through T12 are the best part of the track and I can't understand why we would want to eliminate a portion of that.

Help me understand the reasoning............

Thanks

Joe

The GECCO
September 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Because variety is the spice of life, Joe. Some people don't want the same thing every time and since these days won't be "test days" for any particular club, why not experience the other configurations?

FWIW, I think the north course is a blast, it totally changes the character of turns 9a and 9b.

The west course totally changes the corkscrew as well.

flyingmonkey
September 17th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I am in for a trackday!!!!

Wayniac
September 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Why do the cars run the day before the bikes?

peteyt328
September 19th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Can we have a vote either before or at the riders meeting? I'd like to be there but would rather focus on my riding than learning new lines every other session.

AFC
September 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I agree. It would be nice to just run the full course on Sunday.

Can we have a vote prior?

Thanks

The GECCO
September 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Sorry, no voting. This type of day has been requested in the past and I've always said no because I didn't want to effect people practicing for the race weekend. It's been advertised this way and will not be changed.