PDA

View Full Version : Come on out to Race with us at Chuckwalla!

trackpimp
September 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I just read the press-release and the e-mail from you guys about the final round being canceled. That's a total bummer for you guys.

I know its a bit of a hike, but come out to Chuckwalla and race with us in October and November. We'd love to have you guys out there, and would offer the same reciprocity that you guys offered us when we came out there in July and raced with you guys!

http://www.cvmaracing.com

Road Trip anyone??

flyingmonkey
September 30th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Hey Dustin
I have great memories when I used to live in Cali and do track days with your group in Willow Springs and Buttonwillow

Next time you are in town please let me know.

PS
I send you a private message.

Munch
September 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Dustin, whats the drive time when you drive to denver?

TRK
October 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM
Wish I could!

Clarkie
October 1st, 2011, 11:34 AM
CVR is an awesome track, that can be run 'safely' in either direction. Wider than most track, some elvation, good curbs and has some pretty technical parts of the track. Not difficult to get around but it has places where you can gain a lot of time 8)

T Baggins
October 1st, 2011, 08:15 PM
I'm working on putting together a contingent for the November race... but you guys can't get mad when I kick all your 250's guys butts... :shock:

We'll see if we can fill the trailer with guys and support you guys like you did us back in July! :D

trackpimp
October 13th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Wonder if Moham will bring his SV for local REMATCH? ahahaahaha!

HAMMER
October 13th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Ill cya on the grid .... I'm coming for sure ...

T Baggins
October 13th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Hammer Time
T-Bagging Badger
Kuo the Ninja riding Ninja
Stupendous Dennis Stowers
Chris Coons-jihad

are all in!

I've got room for 7 bikes total, so two spots still open as of now.

Who else wants to represent?! Remember Chuckwalla sent us 8-10 guys in July for the 4-hour at HPR - let's repay the favor!

I'll ping my guys at WSMC and maybe grudge-match some guys from AFM to come down too...

JimWilson29
October 13th, 2011, 03:57 PM
So all sprint races are run both Saturday and Sunday and the shootout races are only Sunday?

gsnyder828
October 13th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Few questions:

1. Can you link me to a track layout? I can't seem to find one anywhere.

2. Looking through the rulebook - I can't find where the "LW Shootout" class definition is... can you give me a page # or summarize it?

3. From what I'm reading in the rulebook - anything more than a 1mm overbore SV isn't legal in any of your LW classes except maybe the LW Shootout, since Formula Twins is capped @ 670cc. Am I missing anything there?

trackpimp
October 13th, 2011, 04:01 PM
So all sprint races are run both Saturday and Sunday and the shootout races are only Sunday?

Sprints both days..
Team Challenge Saturday
Shootouts on Sunday

trackpimp
October 13th, 2011, 04:07 PM
This is the track layout

For the November event, we'll run counter clockwise, but the map gives you the general idea of what you're in for

http://richardsf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ChuckwallaValleyRacewayMap.gif

On the rules and class structure questions, I'll get back to you on that stuff ASAP.

JimWilson29
October 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Hmmmmm....maybe i have enough duct tape and zip ties to hold my heap together.

T Baggins
October 13th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hmmmmm....maybe i have enough duct tape and zip ties to hold my heap together.

I've got extra of both if that's what you need to make it on the grid! :D

T Baggins
October 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
It's about 15 hours +/- driving - same time if you go I-70 then down thru Vegas or South thru Arizona so weather shouldn't be a factor for the drive.

My truck will pull just about any size trailer, so if we have a trailer that will hold all the bikes I can get them all there.

Looks like there's still one open seat in my truck...

HAMMER
October 13th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Track looks swchweeeeeeet.... Team challenges? Anything we can do with ninjas . If were going I wanna race a bunch of shit .... :lol:

peteyt328
October 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I would be there for sure if I had a couple extra vacation days to spend! Used them up for Miller...

T Baggins
October 14th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I would be there for sure if I had a couple extra vacation days to spend! Used them up for Miller...

The "flu" is going around already... and I'll bet you haven't gotten your flu shot yet.

cough cough, wheeze wheeze, barf barf, hint hint... :shock: :lol:

T Baggins
October 14th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Josh Fogle (WSMC #333 ) has confirmed he'll be there and is trying to rally more of the WSMC guys to make the trip.

What about the guys in NM? anybody know if they've got something going on that weekend?

rybo
October 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM
New Mexico's last race is October 23rd

ZiaThunder
October 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
It's about 15 hours +/- driving - same time if you go I-70 then down thru Vegas or South thru Arizona so weather shouldn't be a factor for the drive.

My truck will pull just about any size trailer, so if we have a trailer that will hold all the bikes I can get them all there.

Looks like there's still one open seat in my truck...

If you are going over for the Nov weekend, I'd be down for going.

I've already got fri-mon off. I had been thinking about hitting the CCS race in Phoenix that weekend.

As Scott just mentioned the last SMRI race is on Oct. 23. So I have to be here for that one.

But, maybe you guys should come down for that one as a test run for Nov...

T Baggins
October 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I've got room for 7 bikes total... so far looks like 5 spots are taken.

No more room for passengers so you'll have to fly or carpool in your fuel-friendly prius - but I can get your bike there if you toss some money at gas...

toptier
October 17th, 2011, 07:48 AM
aw man.. so I should have taken you up on the ride in the truck.

T Baggins
October 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM
aw man.. so I should have taken you up on the ride in the truck.

Jonny... you're one of the 4 in the truck...

Sending an e-mail out to all who have inquired so far...

Fastt Racing
October 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I am so freakin excited, this is gonna be awesome. I'm calling shotgun. I don't want to be anywhere near Jon sitting on laps in the back seat. (fruitcakes), LOL!

HAMMER
October 24th, 2011, 06:56 PM
That's fine I don't wanna catch your aids .. I think 4 is good for the truck ... 5 would be a shit show .. lol

T Baggins
October 25th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I think 4 is good for the truck ... 5 would be a shit show .. lol

That's what I'm going for... a sh!t show would be just the ticket!

ZiaThunder
October 25th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I think 4 is good for the truck ... 5 would be a shit show .. lol

That's what I'm going for... a sh!t show would be just the ticket!

Sweet! Does that mean I could be the 5th person in the truck???

:twisted:

toptier
October 25th, 2011, 09:21 AM
yeah...

Fastt Racing
October 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Speaking of a shit show. That's the exact term Healy would use to describe this rolling sardine can. Where is he meeting us for the trip? Come on Montana, let's go. You still have 6 months to put your 848 back together.....

jeff healy
October 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I also have a shit show of a 999 :)
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb439/jhealy748/999.jpg

Not sure if you remember the true definition of a shit show... ie me at miller blowing oil all over everything, bodywork coming apart at the seams, and a bike that needs a valve adjustment soo bad that it probably wouldn't run for another round!! Add to that the 12 hr drive to join you for a 15 hr drive, race, then 15 hr drive, then another 12 hr drive to get home all in one weekend...yeah you get the picture :) Trust me I would love to go... but every man has his limits! lol Have fun guys, ride fast and show them what the MRA is all about!! Kickin ass and takin names ;)

mkdiehl
October 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Tony,
Pretend I went and put my finish just in front of you....

Let me know how i did!!!! :lol:

Fastt Racing
October 27th, 2011, 01:31 PM
That's hilarious Matt :lol:

trackpimp
October 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Sent everyone on Tony's list their login info to sign up for races with us at CVMA!

I didn't see Shannon or Ray-Ray on the list though.. Are they SKURRRED? :lol:

Ray-Ray
October 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Sent everyone on Tony's list their login info to sign up for races with us at CVMA!

I didn't see Shannon or Ray-Ray on the list though.. Are they SKURRRED? :lol:

No!! We will be in Mexico! Trust me I'd love to come kick your butt AGAIN!!

Peanut_EOD
October 30th, 2011, 09:16 AM
CVMA online registration is open. Sign up. I live in Broomfield and race CVMA every month I'm not working. So, nobody has any excuse not to show up.

trackpimp
November 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
If any of you MRA'ers are still planning on coming to CVMA on the 11/11-13 event weekend, and need login information for CVMA's website..

e-mail me dustin@trackdaz.com and I'll get you squared away no problem!

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!