PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Board of Directors Nominations are CLOSED!

T Baggins
September 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
October 12th, 2011 – Nominations for the following board positions CLOSED at the general meeting.

Ballots will be mailed out very soon, they must be returned in person to the Annual Meeting on November 9th, or to Chaplain Boots via mail.

President - 2 yr term
Vice President - 1 yr term
Secretary - 2 yr term
Track Marshal - 1 yr (proposed change to 2 years)
Vice President of Rules and Tech -1 yr
New Rider Director - 1 yr (proposed change to 2 years)
(4) Four Rider Representatives - 1 yr

Anyone can be nominated by any MRA Member, but the nominee MUST become an MRA member before accepting the nomination. Nominations will CLOSE at the next General Meeting on October 12, 2011 and ballots will go out shortly thereafter.

We will continue with more clearly defined roles of Rider Reps from this point forward. In addition to being a "voice" of the racing membership, there are 4 distinct "Rider Rep Positions" and specific responsibilities that come with each:

Rulebook - responsible for knowing rulebook inside and out, compiling new rule suggestions, coordinating and conducting rulebook committee meeting, and then presenting committee recommendations to the Board. Also requires making edits, corrections, etc... to rulebook as necessary, and then preparing rulebook text for the publishing company as per their guidelines. The majority of the work in this position occurs "off season".

Trophy - responsible for contacting existing and prospective trophy sponsors to ensure classes are sponsored for race season. Must negotiate sponsorships, giving first right of refusal to returning class sponsors. Prepares and delivers invoices to trophy sponsors, and provides ongoing contact with trophy sponsors as necessary. Also responsible for contracting, ordering, and delivering trophies to MRA events and banquet. The workload for this position is fairly evenly spread throughout the calendar year.

PR Committee Chair - responsible for heading up and coordinating local/regional PR events with members and volunteers. Orders flyers, staff's events (bike nights, dealership open houses, etc...), posts on other club sites, communicates with Board regarding marketing expenditures, etc... This is NOT a one-man-band position. It requires someone who can coordinate and motivate members to attend various functions and keep tabs on ALL PR events to be sure the MRA is properly represented. This position requires attention and effort throughout the calendar year.

Press / Contingency - responsible for sending out results press releases immediately following the race weekend, primarily to Roadracing World and other race oriented magazines/websites. Updates and maintains the MRA Hotline, collects the mail from the Post Office, and cross-posts relevant information to other club sites as necessary. This position also assists the Vice President with contingency duties including contacting current and prospective contingency sponsors to ensure continued support in next season, phone and e-mail work to confirm forms, payouts, etc..., and assists in timely filing of contingency forms throughout the season. The workload for this position is year-round, but the heaviest load is immediately preceding, and during the race season.

Nominations for Rider Rep need NOT include a specific position during the nomination - HOWEVER - if you accept a nomination for Rider Rep, you must specify at least one, but not more than two positions that you'd like to be considered for. For example "I'd like to be considered for the Rulebook or PR Committee positions."

T Baggins
September 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Nominations so far:

President

Tony Baker - Accepted

Vice President (One Year Term)

Due to the scaling back of his time commitment to the club, Scott Rybarik will be vacating the position of Vice President for 2012. As such, the MRA Board has the option to either appoint a Vice President, or put that position to the membership for a vote. We believe that because of the timing, we'd prefer to open that position up for the current election cycle. Interested parties should be nominated as per the normal procedure, and if elected will finish out the remainder of the term, which is one year.

Jim Wilson - Accepted

Secretary

Jennifer Grosse - Accepted

Track Marshal

Ray Gaimara - Accepted

VP of Rules and Tech

Bart McKiernan - Declined
HOT Carletan Sorunsen - Accepted

New Rider Director

Jeff Brown - Accepted

Rider Rep Rulebook

Shannon Moham - Accepted

Rider Rep Press & Contingency

Kevin Finnegan - Accepted
Scott Rybarik - Accepted
David Mobley - Decline
Jim Brewer - Decline
David Neighbour - Decline
Wyeth Jackson - Decline

Rider Rep Trophies

Aaron Fisk - Accepted
Peter Tabor - Accepted
Chris Fuller - Accepted

Rider Rep PR Committee

David Mobley - Accepted
Louden David - Accepted
Chris Fuller - Accepted
Jim Wilson - Decline
Erik Cromer - No Response / Decline

T Baggins
September 15th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Additionally I'd like to add a revision to the By Laws again this year just as I did last year. This year I'd like the membership to consider changing the

Track Marshal

and

New Rider Director

to TWO YEAR TERMS instead of one year terms, as they are currently.

There are a couple very valid reasons for these changes, in my opinion:

1) Currently ALL but two Board Positions are up for election every year. So, theoretically, you could end up with a Board containing 9 new members. After years of serving on the Board, and especially now with our new "more business minded approach to club management", I believe it would be extremely difficult to bring 9 people all up to speed in a timely manner as learning our jobs is already very difficult and constantly changing.

2) The relationship between the Track Marshal and the Safety/Corner Crew is CRITICAL to our events. If they don't show up, we don't race. Communication and management styles vary greatly, and so having some consistency that extends beyond a single season would be greatly beneficial to the training and retention of our valuable corner crew.

3) The SuperStreet program continues to draw new riders and interest to our sport, and the curriculum and track training sessions for SuperStreet are still being tweaked and improved each round. Also our Race School program has changed, and now is integrated into a track lapping day, which has saved the club a ton of money but also created new challenges. As the New Rider Director position is critical to creating and improving our training program for new riders, I believe the consistency provided by a longer term would benefit the new riders AND the quality of the program moving forward.

Since we would want these positions to be on alternate ballots, this first go-round would elect ONE for a two-year position, and the OTHER for a one year position (then followed by alternating two-year terms in 2013).

The actual wording of the proposed change is here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13934

oldtimer
September 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Thank you for the Rider Rep Press/Contingency nomination, unfortunately I have to decline. My job has picked up and it's becoming tough to keep up with board work too. Thanks to the club for letting me contribute for the past two years! :D

oldtimer
September 16th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Kevin Finnegan for rider rep press/contingency

Kingpin
September 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Thank you.
I would like to announce my acceptance for Rider Rep Trophies.

rybo
September 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I'd like to nominate:

Chris Fuller - Rider rep - press / contingency

oldtimer
September 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Nominating Jim Brewer for rider rep press/contingency

oldtimer
September 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Nomination--David Mobley for rider rep press/contingency

d_mob
September 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Nomination--David Mobley for rider rep press/contingency

**EDIT** -- I am declining this nomination and after discussions with Jim, Wyeth, Tony and Scott, will be ACCEPTING the nomination for the PR position instead. Thanks --

KFinn
September 19th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the consideration for the position.

I accept the nomination.

oldtimer
September 20th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Nomination Dave Neigbour for rider rep press/contingency

DOUBLE A
September 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I nominate Peter Tabor for rider rep/trophies!

rybo
September 21st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone -

I would like to nominate myself for the rider rep position in charge of press and contingency.

After an honest assessment of my current life roles outside of the MRA, discussing it with a number of other board members and my family I believe that it would be both best for me and the MRA if I stepped by my role a bit.

I am going to step back from the VP role, and as such that position will be on the ballot for a 1 year term during this election cycle.

I've greatly enjoyed helping to shape the MRA over the past couple of years and hope that you'll continue to allow me to serve on your board of directors in a different capacity.

-scott

JimWilson29
September 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'd like to second Scott Rybarik's nomination for Rider Rep-Press and Contingency

I am declining my nomination for Rider Rep - PR Committee. Thank you for letting me serve your club these past 2 years.

Ray-Ray
September 22nd, 2011, 05:59 AM
I'd like to nominate Jim Wilson for VP.

loujr
September 22nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
I'd like to nominate Jim Wilson for VP.

+1

rybo
September 22nd, 2011, 08:05 AM
I would like to nominate David Mobley for Rider Rep in charge of the PR Committee

DOUBLE A
September 22nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
I nominate Erik Cromer for rider REP/PR

d_mob
September 22nd, 2011, 11:03 AM
I would like to nominate David Mobley for Rider Rep in charge of the PR Committee

Aceptado. Gracias mi amigo!

jplracing
September 22nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
I would like to nominate Louden David for rider rep

Louden
September 23rd, 2011, 02:53 PM
I accept the nomination and I’ll run for PR committee

Nabber
September 26th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Too late to accept nomination for Press position I take it>

rybo
September 26th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Too late to accept nomination for Press position I take it>

David,

Not too late - the nominations are open until the next general meeting (October) and the election is at the Annual Meeting the month after that (November)

Scott

Nabber
September 26th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Jolly Good - I can assure all that I will hit this position Full on Full time, with no Personal Race Distraction, (unless a 848/RC8R/Factory comes along this winter!)

peteyt328
September 27th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I nominate Peter Tabor for rider rep/trophies!

I took some time to carefully consider if this is something I would enjoy doing and I have decided to accept. Thanks for the consideration!

T Baggins
October 11th, 2011, 08:54 AM
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING RIDER REP POSITIONS

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Board formalized something last night that has been "a given" in the past regarding Rider Rep Duties - specifically around Instructing at the School and for SuperStreet for Rider Reps and other riding Board members.

In the past it was "a given" that all riding Board members were expected to act as instructors at the MRA Race School. This was generally easy to accomplish as the schools were "off season" and didn't interfere with the raceday for the Board members.

Now, with the addition of SuperStreet there has been some confusion as to the duties of Rider Reps and riding Board members - and instructing.

So - the Board has approved the following:

All riding Board Members are expected to attend and instruct at the MRA School - AND must instruct SuperStreet a MINIMUM of 4 weekends during the year. Track Marshal is the exception, as he is most needed in his position "during" SuperStreet, but he may instruct at the school if needed.

With this in mind, remember that "Rider Reps" are "riders" first and foremost - and that you must be an active racer, with a race bike, to perform the duties appropriately.

chris nami
October 12th, 2011, 01:37 AM
I have been a little busy at work as of late and missed my nomination all together. If I'm not to late I would like to accept my nomination for rider rep. With some small adjustments to my schedule I feel confident that PR or trophies would be a good fit for me. Thanks for the nomination!

T Baggins
October 13th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Attention ALL Candidates!

I MUST have your Candidate Bio's to me, via e-mail ( mra21@hotmail.com ) by Sunday, October 16th at Midnight.

If you do not provide a bio by then, it will NOT be included in the election mailing packet.

Good Luck!

Nabber
October 13th, 2011, 08:20 PM
After serious thought & some other unexpected 'happenings' in my Family, I regretfully withdraw from seeking nomination to Press & Rider Rep for MRA.
This with the fact that a race bike may not be forthcoming before April 2012.
I also am very confident in Kevin F's ability to do a great job in this role.
David Neighbour