PDA

View Full Version : News from Pikes Peak Int'l Raceway

T Baggins
September 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hey Gang,

Paul Jensen wanted me to pass along the following information about our upcoming race there, as well as other things going on at PPIR.

First, understanding that we're all a little strapped right now they have reduced the lapping day fee for MRA to $100.

***CURRENT UPDATE 9/14/11***

Tony,

If you could pass this along to all racers. PPIR will be open for move in until 9PM Thursday evening. Gates will reopen at 7am Friday. Friday test and tune special rate of $100 per Rider, there will not be a half day rate. The track will be hot from 9am-12PM and 1PM-5PM.
Thanks,

Paul Jensen

They will be promoting our event to help ensure a good spectator turnout, and they have great e-mail access to the military folks down there. We'll be providing event info, and they'll send it out for us.

Finally, they are having an ALL MOTORCYCLE SHOW 'N' GO on October 1st.

Paul says:

It should be a great recruiting tool for your club as you will be able to set up a big booth in the garage area and show off the race bikes on track during the exhibitions. We are expecting thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts at this event. Posters are being printed this week for the event. I will give the MRA and any three other groups that you recommend free booth spaces for this show. Any racers that come out to help put on an exhibition will get free track time.

So if anyone wants to head down and promote the MRA or your shop or service, let me know and I'll make the connections. Contact me via PM or e-mail and we'll make sure MRA gets good exposure down there.

I'll provide link to the event info when I have it.

DOUBLE A
September 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
AWESOME NEWS! Maybe we should vote on a supplimentary (temporary) rule for SS tech inspected bikes to run in a real race after they get a license one of these race weekends to try and add more money to our cause!?

giovannir6
September 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Sick!! Awesome news!

T Baggins
September 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
AWESOME NEWS! Maybe we should vote on a supplimentary (temporary) rule for SS tech inspected bikes to run in a real race after they get a license one of these race weekends to try and add more money to our cause!?

If they blow up or fall down, that severely compromises the safety of our other riders. Much as I'd love to, I think it's a recipe for disaster.

DOUBLE A
September 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM

If they blow up or fall down, that severely compromises the safety of our other riders. Much as I'd love to, I think it's a recipe for disaster.

Kinda Like NOVICE GTU is currently? LMAO J/K

T Baggins
September 8th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Kinda Like NOVICE GTU is currently? LMAO J/K

Only when Hollywood signs up for it! :shock: :lol:

COS Mille
September 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM
What an exceptional offer. Well, seeing this is in my part of the state, I'll help support the 1 October event. Just let me know.

COS Mille
MRA 117

cosp600rr
September 8th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hey Tony

Is this weekends lapping day for lic. mra racers only? I dont have one this year but would like to get out on the bike before the year is over.

T Baggins
September 9th, 2011, 08:40 AM
It is just a bike lapping day to my knowledge - not MRA Specific.

I'll ask Paul to allow both Saturday AND next Friday to be "Open" so they have a good turnout.

JimWilson29
September 9th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Tony will there be paramedics on site tomorrow for their track day?

T Baggins
September 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Track days are open to street and race. They will run separate sessions if it becomes an issue.

Ambulance for next Friday = YES.

Ambulance for tomorrow = Still working on it. AMB and Western are booked, Paul is trying to work something out with another service.

JimWilson29
September 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
PPIR does have an ambulance today for any of you who were still thinking about heading down there.

T Baggins
September 14th, 2011, 12:43 PM
update for this weekend at the top!

COS Mille
September 22nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Are there any plans to have a MRA booth at the 1 Oct event at PPIR?
I'm willing to help.
COS Mille
MRA 117

JimWilson29
September 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Are there any plans to have a MRA booth at the 1 Oct event at PPIR?
I'm willing to help.
COS Mille
MRA 117

Hey Wendell-
I wasnt planning on being there but I could get all the promo materials to you before next week if you'd like to go down there and set up.
Let me know.

COS Mille
September 26th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry, was out of touch (nothing new really). I'm still in for this. Sounds like Paul Jenson was offering up space. What do we need to make this happen?
More SOCO support?

JimWilson29
September 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Tony Baker, Jeff Brown and I will be heading down in the morning to set up. I started this thread in the PR Forum - http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13855