PDA

View Full Version : PPIR Round #7 Update

T Baggins
September 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM
As of right now (9/10/11) we're at 96 riders with a total registration of $17,280 plus $876 in donations, and we "should" sell out the garages, which will net $3,200. That's a TOTAL known income of $21,356.

It cost us $29,000 to run at PPIR last time we were there, though it "should" be about $1,500 lower this time as we have limited the number of paid corner crew since it doesn't take as many to staff PPIR as it does other tracks.

So, $21,356 in income minus $27,500 in expenses...

That's an event deficit of $6,144

Now it will depend on walkups, gate and superstreet to determine if there's any chance of running the last Round at HPR in October!

How can you help?

Sign up for PPIR if you weren't planning on it otherwise. This very well could be the last round of the season, so don't "wait" for HPR in October, as it may never come...

Get your friends to sign up for PPIR, even if they know they can't come. Every entry matters, and entering and NOT riding is way cheaper than entering AND riding! :wink:

Get more guys and gals to come out for SuperStreet!

ADD a class or two, even if you don't plan on running them. It's only $30 or less to add a class for most of you, and $30 per rider would make a world of difference!

Make sure your family comes to the races, and PAYS at the gate. $10 per spectator adds up pretty quick if we get them en-masse!

GO HERE to make a donation to the club to help: http://www.mra-racing.org/secure/payment.cfm

There's no reason "not" to hold the event at PPIR, imo, as there's no guarantee that the participation at HPR will be any better - and it costs more to hold an event at HPR.

So the rest of the season will be dependent on the member's willingness and desire...

Come on MRA - show us what you got! :D

EdDuenez
September 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Tony,
Could I sign up for big bike classes with my bike and start in the back? Also come in on the white flag so I wont screw up points. Would this be Ok, this could also help the mra with the "money issues". Also I was wondering if there were not going to be any complaints,fines and or penalty's for me?

jeff healy
September 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
just added 2 more races for the weekend!! I figured I better cover at least one other guy who cant do any more! :)

T Baggins
September 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Tony,
Could I sign up for big bike classes with my bike and start in the back? Also come in on the white flag so I wont screw up points. Would this be Ok, this could also help the mra with the "money issues". Also I was wondering if there were not going to be any complaints,fines and or penalty's for me?

Pretty sure we could find SOMETHING to penalize and fine you for Ed... Probably Jesse too! :lol:

So long as your bike is legal for the class, you can definitely sign up and RUN it. Pulling off at the last lap is up to you, and is a very gentlemanly thing to do.

If you're bike isn't legal, then you shouldn't run it - but you can still SIGN UP for it and then just NOT run it... which allows us to "fill the grid" and bring in a little extra dough along the way.

T Baggins
September 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM
just added 2 more races for the weekend!! I figured I better cover at least one other guy who cant do any more! :)

THAT'S THE SPIRIT JEFF!

Thanks man, that means a lot... and (hopefully) starts a trend. (hint, hint, hint...) :lol:

jeff healy
September 6th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Also if it helps I will be paying my $100 for my novice hours at the races since I am never going to get them done! Maybe another way to get some extra income from people!

rforsythe
September 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I won't be on the grid, but I figure rather than fill it with ghost bikes which add revenue but do nothing to make the race more fun, let's actually put some people out there.

So, I will personally pay an endurance race fee for the first two Superstreet riders who convert to a race license for the PPIR event. There were 26 of you in the last round, so if just two of you go get your race license now, I will cover the entry fee for an endurance race of your choice at PPIR (LW, MW, HW, or Open).

That should get some entry fees in, and some more license revenue to the club.

mkdiehl
September 6th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Applause.

KFinn
September 6th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Also if it helps I will be paying my $100 for my novice hours at the races since I am never going to get them done! Maybe another way to get some extra income from people! I'd prefer it if you pay 99.00 for your novice hours so the club gets the money but you lose your series points and thereby give me or others your championship position at the end of the season.

Wayniac
September 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I'll do it...as long as I can run my "street bike" I haven't gotten it wired or have a belly pan. But I'd rather start racing novice now, instead of next year.
Regardless, I'm signed up for SS and can't wait!

zx6racer
September 7th, 2011, 07:06 AM
So I want to pre-reg for sat and sun 250 cup. With my WSMC lisense, what exactly do you guys need from me so that I can do that ASAP. Also should I just message or email Rybo for possible numbers? Thanks guys, and lookin forward to this, see ya in 10 days!!

Ray-Ray
September 7th, 2011, 07:14 AM
I'll do it...as long as I can run my "street bike" I haven't gotten it wired or have a belly pan. But I'd rather start racing novice now, instead of next year.

Sorry....Can't race it unless your bike will pass a full MRA tech. Which means it has to be safety wired, belly pan and no lights ect...

T Baggins
September 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
So I want to pre-reg for sat and sun 250 cup. With my WSMC lisense, what exactly do you guys need from me so that I can do that ASAP. Also should I just message or email Rybo for possible numbers? Thanks guys, and lookin forward to this, see ya in 10 days!!

Go here:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=10953

Print off the membership application packet. Fill out the waiver and medical form too. Put N/C WSMC in for your license fee.

If you get it to Rybo by tonight via e-mail, you should be able to go in and register online by Friday night. If not, you can also fill out the "fax entry form" and we'll charge you the lower "online fee" ($20 less total).

Our rulebook is at that link too. Note that our rules are tighter than most for the 250's. If you're missing anything that our rules require, ping me and we'll see about getting you taken care of.

jeff healy
September 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Also if it helps I will be paying my $100 for my novice hours at the races since I am never going to get them done! Maybe another way to get some extra income from people! I'd prefer it if you pay 99.00 for your novice hours so the club gets the money but you lose your series points and thereby give me or others your championship position at the end of the season.

Haha I'm far from a champion!!! We need to get Pete to only pay 99!! :)

steamboat27
September 7th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Just signed up for round 7.

Throttleroller277
September 7th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Steamboat is leaving the Hookers behind in Vegas, and Flying in!!

Talk about dedication!

phildrummond
September 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I challange anyone to donate their current race number via the link above. I just did and kinda wish I'd picked a lower number years ago...or held the #1 plate.

Let's finish the season with all races in tact and cash on the books.

jeff healy
September 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Phil you are an amazing person! Can I move a decimal point!?!?

jeff healy
September 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I meant Tom but was looking at your screen name!! HAHA

rybo
September 7th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I challange anyone to donate their current race number via the link above. I just did and kinda wish I'd picked a lower number years ago...or held the #1 plate.

Let's finish the season with all races in tact and cash on the books.

Tom,

I've taken you up on your challenge and donated the amount of my race number to the club. In addition I've added an endurance race to my schedule and paid for it.

Now - Bueller, where are you? (aren't you glad that Kate no longer has THAT number Tom?)

Scott

dirkterrell
September 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I challange anyone to donate their current race number via the link above.

Come on Bueller!! :mrgreen:

phildrummond
September 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Did I really just spell "challenge" wrong on the Interwebs? Eh...racer smart!

Bueller999
September 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Waiting on the "decimal point" ruling :o

phildrummond
September 7th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Decimal Point ruling:

Decimal may be moved to the left one place unless you have a 2-digit number. If you have a 2-digit number, you can move the decimal to the left one place but you must donate your engine in CCs.

rybo
September 7th, 2011, 04:30 PM
jeez Tom,

You sleep deprived or something?

If I have a 2 digit number I can't move the decimal unless I have a 2 digit number?

HELP! Someone get Tom some fresh water and a couple "5 hour energy" shots.

phildrummond
September 7th, 2011, 04:34 PM
No, no no. You can AlSO move it left one place if you have a 2-digit number, but you have to donate in engine size in that case.

I'll draw you a picture in the dirt with a stick next time I see you.

rybo
September 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM
so I pulled out the etch -a -sketch and came up with this:

1 digit number - Donate your number

2 digit number - Donate your number OR Donate your engine size with the decimal moved one position to the left.

3 digit number - Donate your number with the decimal moved one position to the left

do I have that right?

phildrummond
September 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Close. You just missed these options:

3 digit number - Donate the whole damn number.

Any digit number or engine size - Move the decimal 1 place to the right and donate that if you want.

Pep620
September 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
If I sign up today the money doesn't go until Tues or so? Either way I'll sign up before the end of Fri. NovO & U is all I can do, need tires this round.

rforsythe
September 7th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I was going to donate, but got lost somewhere around the square root of my race number divided by the cosine of my engine's oil capacity or some damn thing. I think I will just stick to my plan of covering a couple superstreet racers' endurance fees if they convert to full licenses in time for PPIR.

Wayniac
September 7th, 2011, 08:39 PM

Sorry....Can't race it unless your bike will pass a full MRA tech. Which means it has to be safety wired, belly pan and no lights ect...

I figured as much, 10 days just isn't enough time to get bodywork, and safety wire the whole bike. It was a very generous offer non the less. I'm still excited for the SS race. I'll have all winter to get my bike ready.

spideyrdr
September 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Close. You just missed these options:

3 digit number - Donate the whole damn number.

Any digit number or engine size - Move the decimal 1 place to the right and donate that if you want.

How about this, Tom: We'll put on our big-boy leathers and race in NovU? You, me, maybe a few more adventurous folks, back of the pack for basically none of the marbles?

Truthfully, I am considering it but wouldn't want to screw up any of the front runners. Is there any precedent for adding a 1-time-only 'friendly' race to raise some dough? I know Saturday is already crammed with races, and perhaps it's totally not feasible, but I think it would be cool to have a fund raising ride (notice I didn't say fund raising 'DRIVE'). Is there any way to make it happen, powers that be?

tecknojoe
September 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Anybody else want some cash to enter a race? I can throw some in. I'll be cornerworking so I wouldn't be able to ride anyway.

Ray Ray can forward my funds from cornerworking that weekend to the MRA as well.

HAMMER
September 8th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Anybody else want some cash to enter a race? I can throw some in. I'll be cornerworking so I wouldn't be able to ride anyway.

Ray Ray can forward my funds from cornerworking that weekend to the MRA as well.

Ur a pimp

rybo
September 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Joe -

You rock. Thank you.

KFinn
September 8th, 2011, 11:41 AM
+3

Ray-Ray
September 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM

Dude! Are you sure?? That's AWESOME!

tecknojoe
September 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Dude! Are you sure?? That's AWESOME!

I've never been in it for the money, I'm there to learn about racing. It's someone else's turn now.

But I think I'm finally gonna try to start racing at the beginning of next season :twisted:

widmannj
September 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Just added another race for PPIR. Racing all classes I can now. Lets make this happen!

Fastt Racing
September 8th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Rybo. Tom's post made perfect sense from the begining. Now YOUR'RE the one confused: TRUE. LOL :) I'm signed up for 5 f-ing races again, and donating to the safety fund like always. I am so broke I don't know which way is up. Hopefully the 2 destroyed tires I own will barely get me through the weekend. I will donate my Novice #151 if Technojoe gives me the money to donate! Otherwise I would have to move the decimal point two places to the left ($1.51), hahaha. Way to come up with some creative ways to help our club everyone! Now all we need is a bunch of racers with good jobs next season.....

Ray-Ray
September 9th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Rybo. Tom's post made perfect sense from the begining. Now YOUR'RE the one confused: TRUE. I'm signed up for 5 f-ing races again, and donating to the safety fund like always. I am so broke I don't know which way is up. Hopefully the 2 destroyed tires I own will barely get me through the weekend. I will donate my Novice #151 if Technojoe gives me the money to donate! Otherwise I would have to move the decimal point two places to the left ($1.51), hahaha. Way to come up with some creative ways to help our club everyone! Now all we need is a bunch of racers with good jobs next season.....

Hey Dennis - If your gonna donate your number please don't expect the money to come from one of my corner workers they bust their ass all season so YOU can race.

Thanks,
Ray

nobasin
September 9th, 2011, 10:13 AM
so at this point we need to make up a $4k deficit to get to the maximum allowable loss for round 8 to go , so if just 20 more racers sign up for 2 sprints, that's it, and round 8 is on. assuming we get 10 super street guys, that's another $1k, which means that we could still have a full season with just 15 more racers signing up for 2 sprints this weekend.

tony, scott, i assume you'll leave pre-reg open for a few more days to give people a chance to signup late and get the numbers over the top so we can have round 8? hell, get another 5 super streeters and another 10 racers and the club might even break even this round.

cheerleader i am not, but it would really suck to lose the last round at hpr, so here's to a few more people stepping up and racing or donating.

save some $$$ and use your tires from the last hpr round since ppir is essentially all left turns. or, race ppir on new tires and use those at the last hpr round. i did that after the first ppir and it worked out great. that right there saves you the entire cost of entry for 2 sprints at BOTH of the last 2 rounds. there will be so much collective sadness if round #8 doesn't go down, plus, i'll have to start my antidepressant regime that much earlier. :-)

jeff healy
September 9th, 2011, 10:21 AM
i'll have to start my antidepressant regime that much earlier. :-)

all of us will and you know thats just as expensive as signing up for 2 sprints!! :)

rforsythe
September 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
...since ppir is essentially all right turns.

Ok I realize I'm no #1 plate holder or anything, but I'm pretty sure I know left from right, and unless you're running PPIR backwards it's going to weigh heavily on the left side of your tire. ;)

nobasin
September 9th, 2011, 10:34 AM
...since ppir is essentially all right turns.

Ok I realize I'm no #1 plate holder or anything, but I'm pretty sure I know left from right, and unless you're running PPIR backwards it's going to weigh heavily on the left side of your tire. ;)

not enough coffee yet this morning. yes, left turns, left turns at ppir. you get the drift though.

T Baggins
September 9th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Hey Mike,

I don't think there is tremendous benefit to leaving online entry on, as you can always still fax in or hand carry the entry form to the track. It's not as if once online entry is closed, you can't still participate.

Basically we differentiate between "committed, prepaid entries" and "walk-up entries" for our budgeting purposes. Both are equally important, but if we leave online entry on, then that would "take from" our expected walkup entries. Either way, people are either coming, or they're not.

And, to clarify - Round 8 is only "ON" if we don't take a beating at PPIR AND the signups for Round 8 are sufficient. We have to have approximately 160 racers at $180 a piece to break even at HPR. IMO, there's absolutely NO WAY that will happen since our best turnout of the year (not including the 4 hour) was 138 riders.

What we don't want to do is wait till the Saturday before HPR #8 to determine whether or not we're gonna run it. That puts our vendors in a tough spot, as well as traveling racers, and frankly we should give HPR the opportunity to hold a lapping day if we're not coming - and the sooner they know, the more time they have to promote it.

Bottom line is this:

We've never had to work this hard to try to drag people out to race... in 2009 we beat the drums pretty hard to save the club, but even so we cancelled rounds.

In 2011 we have the lowest number of licensed racers overall and the lowest number of participants per weekend, spending the lowest average amount on entry fees per weekend ON RECORD.

Honestly I don't know how to fix that... when even our "dyed in the wool" never miss a race guys are missing races and cutting back on entries each weekend.

Hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I think the reality is that our guys are just plain broke... :cry:

spideyrdr
September 9th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Just signed up for my usual endurance race and also signed up for NovU for the first time ever. If I can't run the race, it'll be a $130 donation. ;)

tecknojoe
September 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I haven't been here long so this might be a dumb question:

Is it the same cost to have a lapping day as a race day?

ie: if it's cheaper just to have laps, can we abandon races at the last minute if there's not enough entries, and still have people riding? That way people aren't wasting resources just to get there and turn around.

I'm talking about round 8, I assume HPR is cheaper

nobasin
September 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hate to be a Negative Nancy, but I think the reality is that our guys are just plain broke... :cry:

yup, as we talked about the other day, i agree, everybody is still just struggling in this economy. and i do understand that even if we do "ok" at the ppir round that doesn't guarantee round 8, but i'd like to think that we could get enough racers out for round 8 as the last blast for the year.

T Baggins
September 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Joe, not a dumb question at all.

If MRA runs the lapping day, then yes - it's the same cost as running a race. We still have to insure it, staff it, rent the track, etc...

If HPR runs the lapping day, then there is NO cost to the MRA at all.

tecknojoe
September 9th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I wonder if HPR would be willing to work with that...

It might be tough for round 8 because everyone is broken and battered, but it's something to keep in mind for the future

rforsythe
September 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Regarding a lapping day, while that also potentially opens it up to street riders so a greater audience, we had a hell of a time getting our Chicane day populated as well (and that's with free instructors, lunch provided, vendor support, giveaways, etc). If you can't get the racers to sign up for round 8, I don't think it'd be prudent to bet the farm on an MRA-run lapping day either. Just my $0.02 though. People may really just be that broke or broken right now.

JimWilson29
September 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Even if we get the loss below 5000 at PPIR, that's still not considered doing ok. What some of you still don't realize is that we need to have a set amount of money in the bank account in order to cover our off-season expenses such as track deposits for 2012, banquet, etc. If we lose 5000 next weekend and then hold HPR and lose 5000, it put's your club in an adverse financial position.

nobasin
September 9th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Even if we get the loss below 5000 at PPIR, that's still not considered doing ok. What some of you still don't realize is that we need to have a set amount of money in the bank account in order to cover our off-season expenses such as track deposits for 2012, banquet, etc. If we lose 5000 next weekend and then hold HPR and lose 5000, it put's your club in an adverse financial position.

jim, i absolutely realize this and was putting up some numbers based on tony's minimums, but as i mentioned, just a few more racers and we could actually get close to breaking even for round 7. whether round 8 goes down or not, at least we could be reasonably sure that the club has enough money in the bank to pay 2012 track deposits, insurance premiums, banquet costs, equipment replacement etc. as well as possibly weathering a small loss for round 8 that still leaves the club viable for 2012. 3 years now of a shitty economy i think is slowly eroding the ability of people to race, and that's where the club finds itself. at least we're alive, even if on life support a bit as we've all heard about so many clubs that have had to fold in the last few years. it's a testament to the board (and the racers who make it out every weekend, or as many as they can) that the mra has been able to stay alive during such difficult times. i am pretty confident that whenever the economy turns back around the club will be healthy again and we'll have packed grids.

T Baggins
September 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
You're absolutely right Mike... and I'll add that:

even if the economy doesn't turn around, the MRA will continue to race - and make adjustments to the schedule, etc... to ensure that we have someplace to race well into the future.

We're in a much better position than we've been in a long time (meaning we actually DO have enough money set aside to ensure a 2012 season) and we're not going to allow that to dissolve in a couple crappy turnout weekends.

This is the primary difference over years past - in that we have the ability to control the outcome. Previously we did not have that option.

HAMMER
September 9th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I'm signed in ...... Cya next weekend

Fastt Racing
September 9th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Rybo. Tom's post made perfect sense from the begining. Now YOUR'RE the one confused: TRUE. LOL :) I'm signed up for 5 f-ing races again, and donating to the safety fund like always. I am so broke I don't know which way is up. Hopefully the 2 destroyed tires I own will barely get me through the weekend. I will donate my Novice #151 if Technojoe gives me the money to donate! Otherwise I would have to move the decimal point two places to the left ($1.51), hahaha. Way to come up with some creative ways to help our club everyone! Now all we need is a bunch of racers with good jobs next season.....

Hey Dennis - If your gonna donate your number please don't expect the money to come from one of my corner workers they bust their ass all season so YOU can race.

Thanks,
Ray

:o Yes sarcasm. That dosen't make any sense to donate my number with someone elses money :wink: I donate to "OUR" corner workers, not the other way around :D Technojoe I returned your PM. I think we might be able to get another rider to attend PPIR with our efforts. Thanks a bunch!

tecknojoe
September 9th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'm not in the drama-ness

I put in a donation to MRA this morning as 'open to anyone'. I'd like to see someone who's on the fence about even being there at all take advantage of a slight discount

Fastt Racing
September 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Once again, Technojoe you're the man. I'm tryin to recruit a couple people on the fence either way. I Just want to see a good turnout, and enjoy the weekend. I think with this camraderie we may just be able to limit the PPIR loss a lttle. Thanks everyone!

Wayniac
September 9th, 2011, 06:58 PM
This is a tough situation.....as a newb I had no idea how much it cost for the club to get together and have a race weekend. I hope round 8 does happen. Regardless, I'll sign up for the track day or the round if it happens. You can count on me being a full time racer next season. Thanks for having the SuperStreet class. I think its the best way to get new racers, worked for me. See ya at PPIR.

flyingmonkey
September 11th, 2011, 06:07 PM
This is a tough situation.....as a newb I had no idea how much it cost for the club to get together and have a race weekend. I hope round 8 does happen. Regardless, I'll sign up for the track day or the round if it happens. You can count on me being a full time racer next season. Thanks for having the SuperStreet class. I think its the best way to get new racers, worked for me. See ya at PPIR.

I will be bringing some friends and family to come and watch the races.
I am unable to do the superstreet but I will try to bring friends to come and check the MRA club.

sneakyhonda
September 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I will be paying for the Super Street class tonight, I also talked 2 other riders in doing the Super Street so you will have 3 new sign ups for Super Street and I will also be paying for over 15 people at the gate to help out. Not saying I am all that but I do my best to help out everyone at MRA. You guys rock and always put a smile on my face. Also everyone at the track a big thanks to everyone that helps out in every way. To the racers that help out in SuperStreet THANK YOU I have had so many people help out and not ask for 1cent. I am very Greatful =)

Throttleroller277
September 13th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I will be paying for the Super Street class tonight, I also talked 2 other riders in doing the Super Street so you will have 3 new sign ups for Super Street and I will also be paying for over 15 people at the gate to help out. Not saying I am all that but I do my best to help out everyone at MRA. You guys rock and always put a smile on my face. Also everyone at the track a big thanks to everyone that helps out in every way. To the racers that help out in SuperStreet THANK YOU I have had so many people help out and not ask for 1cent. I am very Greatful =)

Awesome!!

apriliarider
September 14th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Just a note that, while I cannot attend PPIR as a spectator or to try the SuperStreet as I had hoped (due to extremely poor planning on my part), I will be signing up and pre-registering for SuperStreet at HPR if Round 8 happens. Hope all goes well at PPIR.

Chadwick929
September 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Since I'm a broke ass too, I'll donate any photo purchases from now till PPIR to the MRA. Either it be via paypal or through my website. This is for any photo from this year, Round 1 through Round 6, either a digital copy, or a print (still have to cover cost to get the print done).

Links to each round can be found here. (http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=13003)

Chadwick929
September 16th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Already have 1 order! Last day to help out the club through my site.

spideyrdr
September 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Great job man!

graphite675
September 16th, 2011, 12:53 PM
What time do the gates open tomorrow morning?

Chadwick929
September 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM

7am. I asked Tony the same thing.

rybo
September 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM

Order sent!

graphite675
September 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM

7am. I asked Tony the same thing.

Thanks. ^ That's going to be tight getting setup and ready in the morning to make a 8am practice start.

Chadwick929
September 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Order sent!
Nice! \:D/ Turning out to be a nice donation to the MRA.