PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Wheels.....

NossLou
August 31st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Thought I'd ask those on here who sport aftermarket wheels if it is worth the money. I'm looking for a set of used ones but before I go off the deep end I was wondering what opinions there are of those who have tried stock over lets say the marchis, galespeed, or carrozeria ect.... I know there is the argument could I spend the money in a better way (trackdays/american supercamp/ect) but over the winter I was thinking this may be the one bit the bike is calling for. I do not care about the look of any certain manufacturer simply ARE THEY WORTH THE COST. I want to stick to 17's but was also wondering opinions over mag vs. alum. Thanks guys.

sheispoison
August 31st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Can't run em in supersport... Just sayin.

Clarkie
August 31st, 2011, 07:58 PM
10 years ago the stock OEM wheels were pretty heavy and aftermarket wheel wieght gains were pretty big, the weight is rotating as well so it's not just the static weight to consider. Currently the stock OEM wheels are pretty light (in comparison) so the gains in Aluminium or Magnesium wheels wont gain you as much as you might think. But this is just my opinion, others will differ.

NossLou
August 31st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Can't run em in supersport... Just sayin. :D Superbike and supersport next year my friend! That is if there isn't a rule that says you can't run both classes.....

NossLou
August 31st, 2011, 09:15 PM
10 years ago the stock OEM wheels were pretty heavy and aftermarket wheel wieght gains were pretty big, the weight is rotating as well so it's not just the static weight to consider. Currently the stock OEM wheels are pretty light (in comparison) so the gains in Aluminium or Magnesium wheels wont gain you as much as you might think. But this is just my opinion, others will differ.

Good to know Clarkie...thanks for the info