PDA

View Full Version : Karma

Clarkie
August 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
A friend of mine recently told me what an very well known motorcycle riding instructor, and author told her. He said he used to think there were 4 reasons people crashed their bikes on the track, then he added the 5th, which is Karma :lol:

So next time you decide you are going to rip someone off by crashing their bike and not fixing it properly, or stealing money that was raised by the racing community to help a fallen racer's rehab, just remember Karma is going to be kicking your ass for a very long time :wink:

acrovixen
August 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
So next time you decide you are going to rip someone off by crashing their bike and not fixing it properly, or stealing money that was raised by the racing community to help a fallen racer's rehab, just remember Karma is going to be kicking your ass for a very long time :wink:

Where's the "like" button?! :D Yep, Karma sure can be a bitch! And thankfully, she's a bitch with a really, REALLY long memory.... :wink:

cjmagnuss
August 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
So what are the other 4 reasons? I'm running a 50% crash rate so far this season and my sponsors (my wallet) are pushing me to bring that number down... closer to 0%

Clarkie
August 29th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Not sure, but I would make sure #5 doesn't kick you in the ass, it's kinda sad how many MRA racers have gotten screwed lately

glenngsxr
August 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM
A friend of mine recently told me what an very well known motorcycle riding instructor, and author told her. He said he used to think there were 4 reasons people crashed their bikes on the track, then he added the 5th, which is Karma :lol:

You're shitting me, right? I had no idea about the rehab money. As a donor, that brings me to a boil really quickly. Did the whole thing get taken?

dave.gallant
August 30th, 2011, 08:08 AM
No, he is not shitting you.

Clarkie
August 30th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Part of it, I was thankful people donated in the first place, it kind of blew me away to be honest. I gave ST some cash when he was in hospital from his dirt bike crash and I know it went from my hand to his, he could of bought Dawn some new shoes, I dont care, I just know it got to the person it was supposed to get to.

glenngsxr
August 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
So where did the rest go and who is responsible?

loujr
August 30th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I'm not in the loop so I'm not sure what happened all I do know is when you had your accident I gave as much as I could via paypal and just assumed it went to you (clarkie) I hope that is an accurate assumption. If not, I would like to know what happened and why it wasn't!! I try to give to all riders that get hurt as I believe if I were ever in that situation I would get help if needed.

Clarkie
August 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks to all those people that donated, it still blows me away how much was raised. Lets just say the people that decided to skim the fund are claiming 'expenses' and as far as I know beer, cigarettes and a new flat screen TV arent expenses :roll:

We all know how small the racing community is, I had to smile when I was told by 4 or 5 different people straight after an involved person broke his neck from crashing his dirt bike (minor break, fused joints etc, thankfully he can still walk). They were smiling when they told me as well.

People in the MRA racing community shake his hand, drink beer with him, bring business to his shop, some of them know exactly what happened and choose to ignore it, others have no idea. It just sucks when the generosity of the racing community tries to help someone, and someone else takes advantage of this generosity. We all make choices in life, we just have to live with the choices we make.

Like I said, Karma will make things right, be it me or someone else who is taken advantage of :wink:

glenngsxr
August 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Makes me sick to my stomach. The first round of this stuff made me sick. This round makes me sick. That group of people make me sick. No further clarification needed. My presumptions were correct.

dave.gallant
August 30th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Awwwwww. Did we hurt some feelings?

Are some people upset that when they sh!t where they eat, it effects their business?

Too bad.

Thieves. Liars. Whores.

(take your pick)

acrovixen
August 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Awwwwww. Did we hurt some feelings?

Are some people upset that when they sh!t where they eat, it effects their business?

Too bad.

Thieves. Liars. Whores.

(take your pick)

Pick? How about ALL OF THE ABOVE!! :-({|= These "people" (VERY loose term) make me sick. BRING it, karma!!

T Baggins
September 1st, 2011, 09:15 AM
The MRA Board of Directors has chosen to LOCK this thread because, in our opinion, there is nothing positive or beneficial that can come from it being discussed on MRA forums.

We encourage civil play, and responsible actions among all of our MRA members and fans - but have limited "power" to enforce the same.

If you can't work things out, the court system has numerous options for resolving civil disputes such as this. The MRA forums, on the other hand, does not.