PDA

View Full Version : CRA Invites 250 Racers for a $ Purse at Brainard

oldtimer
August 19th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Kris Skellenger let me know that the CRA is inviting 250 racers from around the country for their final weekend at Brainard, Sept 23-25. The 250 spec class is paying a cash purse, $500 for the first expert finisher, $250 for the first novice finisher in the class, more payouts back. He says Signorelli is heading out there to race it, see the below RRW article for more details. Sounds like fun! :)

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=45687

Jon
August 19th, 2011, 11:13 AM
It"s too bad the MRA doesn"t travel because this would be a trip worth making. The CRA is one of the friendliest clubs you ever meet and with only five events during the year, the enthusiasm remains huge amounst the racers, the spectators (literally hundreds of them) the corner workers (average of about 6 it would seem) and the area in general. Many great restaurants (Minnisotans like to eat and drink), but most just stay at the track.
When the track opens the fun begins with people showing up from all over the state and surrounding states. Some bring Kegs, Turkeys, sides of beef. They are there to party, camp and cheer on the racers. I must say that the club is one of the most fun I've raced with and if ever I could go back I would. I raced there throughout the 2003 season and had a blast. The track with the 1 mile straight and pretty much wide open turns one and two have to be experienced as it's pretty unique these days. Anyhow I if I were you would try and carpool and make the trip as I promise you a good time even if you blow up your little 250 as you wring it"s neck.

HAMMER
August 19th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Id go .... Seems fun

toptier
August 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM
If we can get a group of us to go I'm willing.

HAMMER
August 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I'm down .. I bet schram would roll with us ... We are racing a 24 hr endurance on Sept 11 tho ...

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
August 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM
The track with the 1 mile straight and pretty much wide open turns one and two have to be experienced as it's pretty unique these days.
Hey man, remember going out there in 1997? You're right about turn 1 - it's the fastest corner in the US! It makes the west banking at Daytona look like a buttonhook. I'd be back there in a minute if I could go.